Weird bug

E

El_Coolio

hehe, strange :D
Did it go soon as you loged off?

G

gurki

I didnt use a program at all and this bug has now been reported to goa :)

E

Einsi

it goes away when you log and die... but you can go back to this "mode" if you do some stuf...

i have reported this bug too RN...

also in this mode you can /send messages to other realms...

but they cant reply.. and even your own realmembers cant send you a msg...

T

Trinilim

had a nameless PM earlier:

"clap your hands if you can read this"

this must be the reason :)

F

fl_gorre

scared the begejesus out of me while standing before amg
and all the sudden " sends hey do u see me im that mid standing on teh left side of amg"
goen try to upload screens tomorrow

A

Avena

Originally posted by Trinilim
had a nameless PM earlier:

"clap your hands if you can read this"

this must be the reason :)

LOL that was me testing this bug :) and you claped your hands!! :)

K

Khalen

Bug with SoS on before being mezzed and then not able to heal because it keeps saying you are mezzed while we can't be mezzed due to SoS :\

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Avena

LOL that was me testing this bug :) and you claped your hands!! :)

I was scared shitless, what can I say :)

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by Khalen
Bug with SoS on before being mezzed and then not able to heal because it keeps saying you are mezzed while we can't be mezzed due to SoS :\

er

no bug..

minst casts sos
then
bard messes u

= u cant heal/attack as your messed, all sos does is allow you to move.

sos is no purge/mes immunity/cure all it does is removes any movement penalties for 30secs.

G

Garaen

lol, i wish i could /send to people in other realms. I could have some fun in emain with that :D

B

Belomar

As stated before, you can well be mezzed if SoS is popped, SoS is not a group purge with duration! All it does is that it allows you to move even if under the influence of CC effects, but a mezz will still make it impossible for you to hit or cast spells. So, in other words, SoS only renders root useless, mezz and stun will still neutralize you save for the movement part.

It's a bit scary if you, Khalen, have missed this... Small wonder Hibs and Mids think it's such an uber RA then. It's good but not uber! :p

K

Kallio

Well Dunno about is it uber but at least it´s bloody annoying :p

F

Flimgoblin

I hope that was you being sarcastic and complaining that SoS doesn't work the way that some hibs seem to say it does when justifying Group Purge? :)

A

Aule Valar

also sos can't be activated when the mincer is messed, which is a bit of a bugger

O

old.LandShark

90% of people who think SOS is uber don't know that 99% of the time it just delays your death by 30 seconds.
Hmm, what % of statistics are just made up on the spot, again? ^^

A

adari

cos of

T

Trinilim

SoS is awesome in SOME cases.

Scenario 1:
Runnin with the relic! Unmezzable/stunnable/rootable for 30 seconds! great for getting past those MGs.

Scenario 2:
fg vs. fg. Makes the alb group completely invulnerable to all CC spells for 30 seconds. Which is usually longer than it takes to completely decimate their force.

B

Bilf

That's nice:

Scenario 1: 30 seconds down the road your SoS wears off and the CC kicks back in, stopping you in your tracks until the people running behind you catch up and kick seven shades into you.

Scenario 2: Alas you are not completely invulnerable to CC due to the "not being able to attack" part still being a problem. The albs can run around like headless chickens for 30 seconds until the SoS wears off, stopping you in your tracks until the people running around with you catch up and kick seven shades into you.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad RA to have at all. But it doesn't exactly give mincers the power of God.

T

Trinilim

Not true :)

Plus:

S1:
Hit SoS just as you get to the MG and sprint, before the 30 seconds is up you should be safe and sound at the TK.

S2:
You can attack just fine when SoS is up.
I can anyway.. took out 2 SS heros that kept trying to stun me and it wouldn't work.

O

old.BJ|Bored

S1 - sos is slower than speed song so any chasers will gain on you, and just run along side snare/mes/stun etc so as soon as 30 secs is up ur fuxored.

s2 - you can attack fine if sos is up... as long as the hibs/mids go ' ahh damn their on sos no point casting cc on them for 30 secs' and wait before instawining ;o

M

moo_work

bug tho where minstrel casts sos, bard mezzes joo and u can still cast demezz on yourself and group while in sos

but keep it under your hat ;)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Trinilim
Scenario 2:
fg vs. fg. Makes the alb group completely invulnerable to all CC spells for 30 seconds. Which is usually longer than it takes to completely decimate their force.
Oh no. :( With all due respect, you have it completely wrong, and I really see now why so many Mids and Hibs think it's so uber. Repeat after me: Speed of Sound only removes the movement penalties of CC spells, if you are mezzed you will still not be able to attack! What you are proposing is essentially a Group Purge with 30 sec duration. (And before you say anything, I have a minstrel and I am intimately familiar with the workings of SoS.)

Gah. You'd think your own realm would know how a very common and useful RA works, but no...

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by moo_work
bug tho where minstrel casts sos, bard mezzes joo and u can still cast demezz on yourself and group while in sos

but keep it under your hat ;)

only if ur not messed ^^ else u have to wait for effect to end then demes your team ;)

course the effect wears off long before the icon disapears, can be misleading

altho admitidly i been messed and unable to demes i think twice ever when in RvR with sos running so may be slighty buggy unless all hibs go 'gnah sos no point even trying to mes'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom