Weird bug with GP the other night....

S

Stonebits

Somehow the other evening I was racking up grief points without actually doing anything....

Was part of a squad trying to make in-roads on a continent that was totally controlled by Vanu.

We had a couple of towers and were trying to get the nearest Base....

Think I was engineer at the time, there was a massive battle going on and I was mineing the road, laying the odd turret and I got Gp's... Hmm... thought perhaps a turret killed someone in a crossfire...

a bit later, was playing a MAX AA, was successfully blasting aircraft comming out of the base, and again I picked up 25 odd Gp's... Hmmm I thought, must have hit something by accident....

Then when I respwan at a tower a good 2 min run in a MAX suit away, im running over a mountain (not firing, just running) and again I get 27 Gp's.. and I hadnt done anything...

Then 1 min later I get a tell from some guy 'FFS you idiot stop shooting your own tanks'...

any ideas?:rolleyes:

S

SilverHood

heh

I remeber shooting someone in Gunuku courtyard once....

she died, I got the xp points, and thens she spawned again 30 secs later

I shot her again, got 1 xp, and she spawned again!

I asked her what was going on, and she says she wasn't even at Gunuku...

probably a lag related bug

M

Manic Miner

it sounds like the 'in two places at once bug'.

it's normally related to being left on the vehicle pad at the same time as driving off. therefore, the character you occupy drives of and does his own thing but the other char doesn't move at all. the problem being is that if you fire, the bullets come out of him as well as you and as you're sitting on the vehicle respawn pad or thereabouts you are likely to hit something or someone.

i've seen a lot of people talk about it and experienced it first hand when a squad mate was left at a pad. i asked him wtf was he standing in the way of all the vehicles not moving for and he said he wasn't and was at a totally different base. so i shot him and he died in the middle of no where.

regards,
manic miner

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Manic Miner
it sounds like the 'in two places at once bug'.

Jesus used to have that kind of problem.
Got fixed, though... mind the pun. Hardy-har-har.

E

Esoteric

Ok gonna add to this

A guy called himler NC inf was running around (the base below Naum). Thing is he was running around as a corpse fragging people but he couldn't be killed due to already being dead.

Have an apointment with a councillor this arvo who will tell me dead people can't kill BUT I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES (and got fragged myself).

W

Will

Its a known bug/exploit, the walking corpse. Should be fixed with the next patch.

And no, I won't tell you how to do it.:p

M

mid_Efour

lol my outfit mate got it he was Sniping as a corpse

and i wont tell you how to do it too :p

E

Esoteric

I don't wanna know how to do it.....

If too many folk abuse this then the game will be ruined (seriously)

S

Stonebits

Heh.. well I hope they sort it out.....

I have enough probs trying not to get GP's without this happening :scared:

I was part of a Reaver squad before i went MAX.... so perhaps the game still had me at a pad somewhere? Thing was I wasnt even shooting..... :help:

Oh well, had my squad at the time in fits of laughter :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread