Web Services Outage - 8/31/2010

Mythic_Andy

Fledgling Freddie
We're currently experiencing a Web Services outage. This is effecting the following:

- All Dark Age of Camelot Servers
- The Camelot Herald
- All WAR Servers
- The WAR Herald
- The Ultima Online Herald

We've opened a ticket with our ISP and have dispatched support to our hosting facility.

We'll keep everyone updated via this thread and Twitter while we work through this outage.

Our sincere apologies for this unplanned downtime and we thank you for your patience.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Start using Your FB profile aswell... twitter is :puke:

Everz

FH is my second home
Twitter means i can stalk Kaley Cuoco.. this is a winner.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
We're currently experiencing a Web Services outage. This is effecting the following:

- All Dark Age of Camelot Servers
- The Camelot Herald
- All WAR Servers
- The WAR Herald
- The Ultima Online Herald

We've opened a ticket with our ISP and have dispatched support to our hosting facility.

We'll keep everyone updated via this thread and Twitter while we work through this outage.

Our sincere apologies for this unplanned downtime and we thank you for your patience.

We opened a ticket with OUR Isp? Folks i know that you can't get that much money off the overall games, but wtf having at least a Failover is mandatory for on line games since ages ....

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Thought the game was fked up after i rage ctrl+alt+dlt quitted

phew.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Such a bad service EA provides! Even GOA was faster and better at communicate!

Now it is around 3 hours ago i went LD from the game, and they dont know whats wrong etc!

Guess for ppl there wants to follow the slow update go visit VN Board:
VN Boards - Web Services Outage - 8/31/2010

Fast

Part of the furniture
Kinelll.. there goes my plans for the evening :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Came back up for 30 s or so, time to log 1st toon, doing /who 22 and kicked with "Service Unavailable" ^^

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Well while the server is down, why dont they Fix the login/char/zoneing probs that have been around since patch, along with NS/assassin dmg. And other major problems that have been around since last patch aswell

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Well while the server is down, why dont they Fix the login/char/zoneing probs that have been around since patch, along with NS/assassin dmg. And other major problems that have been around since last patch aswell

:iagree:

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
i cant log back into the game, the loading bar is always stuck at 95%~... help :(

Glittery_Princess

One of Freddy's beloved
i cant log back into the game, the loading bar is always stuck at 95%~... help :(

I'm the same. My week off work aswell :-( went LD earlier, so I've had to resort to cleaning the house - I thought it would be all sorted by now :-(

Glittery_Princess

One of Freddy's beloved
Weird, some people on VN Boards are able to log in, but others arent.

Some are saying the accounts they had logged in at the time of the server crash (when they went LD) cannot log back in, but the accounts that werent logged in at the time are logging in fine.

Last update from Andy was that the servers were back up!

Im confused :(

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
i hope Andy or someone says something soon I WANT TO PLAY, i was at work wishing to be back at home and play daoc /cry

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My shades appeal still has not been sorted and my 3 acc's go down in afew days and tbh they aint being reactivated , Blizzard are gonna be getting my money and ill also be saving more that the cost of 2 daoc sub's win/win :D

I may be just 1 person but im a subscriber since shrouded isles release and enough is enough , the service and the fact i need to run more than 2 accounts to compete is no longer worth the cost

EDIT: That being said wow servers worldwide seem to be dwindling overall , my advice would be get to work on daoc and use all the positive elements that kept people like me playing till now and be ready to fill the gap that will soon appear in the market , that or prepare a good CV :D

Glittery_Princess

One of Freddy's beloved
Speaking of WoW - they emailed me the other day because i only got to level 14 when i played lol....think they might have offered me some free time to play....might check that out now.

Im just bored :( When i went LD at 3pm ish, i didnt expect it to still be down at 9pm!

gohan

FH is my second home
Speaking of WoW - they emailed me the other day because i only got to level 14 when i played lol....think they might have offered me some free time to play....might check that out now.

Im just bored :( When i went LD at 3pm ish, i didnt expect it to still be down at 9pm!

seriously

dont bother xD

btw i'll be back on tommorrow

just sorting toon transfers ect and finding out what toon is where they i'll be playing

you on alb?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sigh, yet another "ninja post and hide" post by andy... it'd be nice if you actually got involved in open convo with european players andy instead of just giving general info then ignoring us, you'd be surprised how much more respect you'd get if you took part in friendly discussions about DAOC.

Glittery_Princess

One of Freddy's beloved
seriously

dont bother xD

btw i'll be back on tommorrow

just sorting toon transfers ect and finding out what toon is where they i'll be playing

you on alb?

I'm on all 3 realms at the moment - haven't really settled on one yet. I have some toons in thid and molvik on alb tho!

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
just wondering... does Blizzard have a much better assistance and promotion service than Mythic? i'll leave that in the air... :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just wondering... does Blizzard have a much better assistance and promotion service than Mythic? i'll leave that in the air... :p

Blizzard are good at making money and they know exactly what the customers want because they listen to the customers rather than listening to some clueless tool on VNboards thats wormed his/her way upto TL status by kissing alot of fat hairy ass.

Mythic however isnt good at making money, it doesnt know what its customers really want/need and the response time of CSR's is utterly dire.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Give me CSR status and I'll help out 1-2 hours a day in the EU primetime and let me have my 2 accounts for free. - Well of course they won't let anyone be a CSR, most certainly not me if they read FH, and it probably takes tonnes of work and communication with Miffic, but I think if they opened up to more CSRs it would help the game a lot. Atm it seems like there are 1-2 of them pissing about doing fuck all and only in the US primetime which degrades the game experience for all EU players

edit: Great that Andy hasn't replied yet with info why it went wrong, how they are preventing this to happen in the future etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom