Web editing

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi folks!

I did a search and found nothing too recent on this... I have just got round to setting up a new domain and host, and want to get a website up and going, mostly to record ongoing work on my mini.

What is the latest and greatest easy to use, idiot proof free windows-based web editing package out there please? I'd also like to be able to generate thumbnails... I know Wedgie asked this a while back, but I wasn't sure if that was something you host on your site or if you generate the thumbnail views locally and then host the big and little images with links....

Hints and tips for an oldie?

Ta.

Jup.

P.S. I'm not a technophobe... in fact I did programming along while back, I'm just not used to modern things like teh intarwebby and much prefer good old fashioned 1's and 0's! :eek7:

Chilly

Balls of steel
Dunno about free, but I use dreamweaver for html since I dont really know it well enough to do it by hand.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
HTMLKit if you want a HTML editor. If not use word? ;)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
To be honest Jup you might be better off with something like WordPress. You can upload images to that and it create thumbnails etc and as it's a blog it'll archive stuffs and be searchable etc. etc.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
To be honest Jup you might be better off with something like WordPress. You can upload images to that and it create thumbnails etc and as it's a blog it'll archive stuffs and be searchable etc. etc.

I second the Wordpress option, as long as your hosting provider supports MySQL you can fly along during the install as its pretty simple to do as well.

Of course if your hosting provider has CPanel, you might have Fantastico which means a one click install for Wordpress :D (this is where I pimp Krystal hosting for this functionality) and even Gallery in some installs.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ooo thanks guys - host does have CPanel so I'll take a better look at that :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
FreeWebs! *Hides* xD - Good enough info was given here.. On the RARE occasion that I venture into what I know about web-dev I tend to use a mix of Dreamweaver (Got to love the CSS help) and any sort of text-pad ^^ Hope you get it done xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom