weaponskill

O

old.shotgunstow

Pin teh proffessor tell us the formula!!

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
Pin teh proffessor tell us the formula!!

I don't have an armsman, so I can't tell you. Get the numbers I asked for above and you get a formula.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
this patch caps stats at 300 for the purposes of weaponskill

also for the purposes of encumberance too :(

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
ffs, work it out yourself. these formulae are so bloody simple.

if you can't work it out for yourself, then take the following measurements:

1) strip naked, hold any 2h weapon you have and note stats, 2h skill and weaponskill (easiest to do with 2h slash or crush as they are only based on str, but it doesn't really matter).
2) get buffed (still naked) and note the numbers down again
3) put all your gear back on (presumably this has a lot of +2h skill on it) and note the numbers again.

That'll give you a nice approximation of the weaponskill formula for a level 50 2h armsman assuming it's a simple first-order polynomial (which, knowing this game, it will be) - then you can easily cross-check with a few other armsmen to make sure.

If you need a formula which takes into account character level aswell, then do step 1 above with someone of lower level (anywhere 20-40 should give a good enough number).

I thought weaponskill depended on more then just +2h skill (but also +strength for instance) so how this formula you make scales with the 2nd variable I dunno. Care to explain ? If you would make a first degree linear formula for it I would suggest seperating the 2 contributions from both strength as +skill (which is easy, just put on an item with +strength and no +skill and other way around). Then check with full gear how much your 2 formulas go towards the end-result you have fully dressed.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
I thought weaponskill depended on more then just +2h skill (but also +strength for instance) so how this formula you make scales with the 2nd variable I dunno. Care to explain ? If you would make a first degree linear formula for it I would suggest seperating the 2 contributions from both strength as +skill (which is easy, just put on an item with +strength and no +skill and other way around). Then check with full gear how much your 2 formulas go towards the end-result you have fully dressed.

check what I said.

step 1 gives base
step 2 gives with buffs (i.e. with strength)
step 3 gives with +2h skill.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
check what I said.

step 1 gives base
step 2 gives with buffs (i.e. with strength)
step 3 gives with +2h skill.

Why doesn't step 3 give you +2h skill and +strength ? I really don't get it.

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Pin
I don't have an armsman, so I can't tell you. Get the numbers I asked for above and you get a formula.

Neither do I ;(

P

Pin

Why doesn't step 3 give you +2h skill and +strength ? I really don't get it.

it doesn't matter if it does.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin
it doesn't matter if it does.

Yes it does, because the way you describe the formula for 3 will not wield the formula for skill vs. weaponskill but skill+stats vs. weaponskill..

If you ASSUME it's linear you can deduce all the info from your plan. However, I don't see the need for this assumption, since you also check it individual. Which will yield a better approximation then your formula.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Pin
ffs, work it out yourself. these formulae are so bloody simple.

if you can't work it out for yourself, then take the following measurements:

1) strip naked, hold any 2h weapon you have and note stats, 2h skill and weaponskill (easiest to do with 2h slash or crush as they are only based on str, but it doesn't really matter).
2) get buffed (still naked) and note the numbers down again
3) put all your gear back on (presumably this has a lot of +2h skill on it) and note the numbers again.

I tried this several times but it didn't work. Gave up when the missus walked in and asked what I was doing sat at the pc with no clothes on :(

P

Pin

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
I tried this several times but it didn't work. Gave up when the missus walked in and asked what I was doing sat at the pc with no clothes on :(

I think you should have stopped before the 'buffing' part.

P

Pin

Yes it does, because the way you describe the formula for 3 will not wield the formula for skill vs. weaponskill but skill+stats vs. weaponskill..

If you ASSUME it's linear you can deduce all the info from your plan. However, I don't see the need for this assumption, since you also check it individual. Which will yield a better approximation then your formula.

Okay, I'll put it another way...

From my experience with the game and basic observations of weaponskill, the formula will be of the form:

weaponskill = a + b*[level] + c*[level]*[skill]*[stat factor]

where
a, b and c are constants dependant on class,
[level] is your level
[skill] = skill in using that particular weapon
[stat factor] is the contribution your stats make to your weaponskill, thusly:

For 1h slash, 1h crush, 2h slash, 2h crush, polearm
[stat factor] = min(300, str)

For 1h thrust,
[stat factor] = min(300, (str+dex)/2)

For 2h thrust,
[stat factor] = min(300, (3*str+dex)/4)

For staff,
[stat factor] = min(300, dex)

Yes, it is an assumption that the formula will be of this form, but I would be surprised if it isn't.

Now, if you ignore [level] and merely look at [stat] and [skill], you can take the formula to be:

a + b*[stat factor]*[skill]

And you merely need the 3 datapoints I requested to solve this for a and b.

If you wish to include [level] in the formula you require 1 further datapoint using a character of different level.

And if you don't want to assume the formula takes this form then you require more datapoints.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Pin
Okay, I'll put it another way...

From my experience with the game and basic observations of weaponskill, the formula will be of the form:

weaponskill = a + b*[level] + c*[level]*[skill]*[stat factor]

where
a, b and c are constants dependant on class,
[level] is your level
[skill] = skill in using that particular weapon
[stat factor] is the contribution your stats make to your weaponskill, thusly:

For 1h slash, 1h crush, 2h slash, 2h crush, polearm
[stat factor] = min(300, str)

For 1h thrust,
[stat factor] = min(300, (str+dex)/2)

For 2h thrust,
[stat factor] = min(300, (3*str+dex)/4)

For staff,
[stat factor] = min(300, dex)

Yes, it is an assumption that the formula will be of this form, but I would be surprised if it isn't.

Now, if you ignore [level] and merely look at [stat] and [skill], you can take the formula to be:

And you merely need the 3 datapoints I requested to solve this for a and b.

If you wish to include [level] in the formula you require 1 further datapoint using a character of different level.

And if you don't want to assume the formula takes this form then you require more datapoints.

Eureka! This means the price of a pint is 8 pence more than it should be! Wait til I tell the landlord at my local! :drink:

P

Pin

Eureka! This means the price of a pint is 8 pence more than it should be! Wait til I tell the landlord at my local! :drink:

8pence more than it should be? Right, I'm moving to Birmingham then, it's about £1.50 more than it should be here :(

J

jilson

lol >;o)

tbh give a shit about weaponskill

S

stighelmer

Bleh.

After trying to find the factors under the following assumption:

and failing miserably, I came up with this one:

a + b*[skill] + c*[stat factor] + d*[skill]*[stat factor]

Results slightly better but I can't be arsed to continue the fibbling with factors. But I thought I'd post my data and results if anyone else would like to continue the experiments :)

Data

strength 200 250 300(321)
skill
51 1183 1352 1522
52 1199 1371 1541
55 1238 1416 1593
58 1282 1466 1649

First assumption (a=510, b=3.3/50) gave the following:

skill
51 1183 1352 1520
52 1196 1368 1540
55 1236 1418 1599
58 1276 1467 1658

Second assumption (a=306, b=4, c=1.05, d=0.0457) gave the following:

skill
51 1186 1355 1524
52 1199 1371 1542
55 1239 1417 1595
58 1278 1463 1648

By the way. My arms is level 50 and my spec is 44 pole/39slash and RR4.

Cheers and good luck.

S

stighelmer

Oh and it has been a damn embarrassing day at work since I've done all this necked. Still don't understand what the hell that is supposed to contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom