Weaponskill to Damage

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i'd go for str3 pain3 det4 myself, ok so roots aint a huge issue for thanes, hib skill?stun and the odd occaison when either of ur healers cant demezz u are.

K

Krays

Gratz that u can cast spells while you are rooted, but our paladin is CL5 in mage line and have disease aswell so, so can he, but it still aint worth it, because its so easy to interrupt you standing in the middle of a fight trying to cast a gimpy spell. And no paldins don't get stoic.

wish i was playing against you, cuz that is just free rps. a tank with no form for anto CC sucks. there is nothing more fun that to root a skald or thane with no det and just see them totally fucked entire fight (yes thane can cast spell, but as i said casting an extra root every 5'th second or a disease will do the job untill you can run far enough away...

and don't expect a demezz everytime you are mezzed either. sometimes your healers are occupied, but hey its your money and your toon, so again do as you like, but ignoring det is really stupid imo

Krays

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Dual Threat2 + MoPain4 = ~50% crit chanse. aka cap, kind of nice for dishing damage :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Krays said:
Gratz that u can cast spells while you are rooted, but our paladin is CL5 in mage line and have disease aswell so, so can he, but it still aint worth it, because its so easy to interrupt you standing in the middle of a fight trying to cast a gimpy spell. And no paldins don't get stoic.

wish i was playing against you, cuz that is just free rps. a tank with no form for anto CC sucks. there is nothing more fun that to root a skald or thane with no det and just see them totally fucked entire fight (yes thane can cast spell, but as i said casting an extra root every 5'th second or a disease will do the job untill you can run far enough away...

and don't expect a demezz everytime you are mezzed either. sometimes your healers are occupied, but hey its your money and your toon, so again do as you like, but ignoring det is really stupid imo

Krays

You really cant compare a paladin with a CL5 70dmg (3.5sec cast time) against another character with a 300dmg (2.5sec cast time) and a 600-900dmg 10sec recast AND a 150-200dmg insta nuke, and actualy if an alb is out of the fight trying to interupt me while im rooted - then thats fine with me :)

I not saying DET is a pile of crap, im saying that for a character without stoicism spending 20 points to get CC reduced by 20% is not worth it. That takes the hib baseline stun from 9s to 7.2s where for those 20 points you can have so much else.

P

Pretarded

20% :-D
that is sooo wrong, det5 gives u 55% + shaman resists. Big difference mejt ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Cylian said:
tried various combinations of Aug.Str and MoP, and tbh, more Aug.Str. "felt" better.
Afaik the base chance to crit is 10%, so with MoP5 it should be ~49%, or pretty much every 2nd hit. While I had MoP5 it didn't feel any different to my usual MoP3, a few more very very low crits, but that's all.

Aug.Str. improves the crits you get damagewise, it helps to get past your opponents defense and boosts your damage.

(mind you, that's a kobolds opinion! ;))
its quite true, i was aug str 4 mop 4 for quite a while, i didnt really notice much of a difference between mop 3 and 4, and as you say the crits seem to be smaller for some reason, happy with mop3, the extra str not only increases your overall dps but also your weapon skill, i would take str over mop any day.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:

I think youll find that Det5 actualy only gives 34%, try looking at any RA calc. And for the purpose of the above post we were talking Det4 which is 20% :)

P

Pretarded

Welcome to New Frontiers mejt.

www.classesofcamelot.com
Determination Reduces the duration of all crowd control spells by the listed percentage. Armsman, Berserker, Blademaster, Champion, Hero, Hunter, Mercenary, Paladin, Ranger, Reaver, Savage, Scout, Thane, Valewalker, Valkyrie, Warden, Warrior

Level 1 Effect: 4 Level 2 Effect: 8 Level 3 Effect: 20 Level 4 Effect: 38 Level 5 Effect : 55

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:

Is the herald out of date for det? If so what are the actual values?
I thought they were normally quite good about keeping it upto date :(

Always thought paladins got sto, guess I was wrong..

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
I not saying DET is a pile of crap, im saying that for a character without stoicism spending 20 points to get CC reduced by 20% is not worth it. That takes the hib baseline stun from 9s to 7.2s where for those 20 points you can have so much else.

Just log into the game and check the delve info on det and you will see how out of date your source is :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well thats fucked up then, it needs updating.

anyway, for solo det is worthless, for fg its essential

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
det4 str3 mop3 as said above. You will get more ws than a rogue class aswell, so those sb things are useless for you to compare with. Personally I'd go for higher base dmg(aug str) rather than chance for the occasional spike(mop).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:
see attachment.

bollocks :) That kinda fucks up my plan for RR5 good job i didnt respec yet :)

Found in patch 1.76
Realm Ability Changes

- We have increased the amount of crowd control duration reduction for each level of Determination. The new values for each level of Determination are as follows:

Determination 1: 4% reduction to crowd control duration
Determination 2: 8% reduction to crowd control duration
Determination 3: 20% reduction to crowd control duration
Determination 4: 38% reduction to crowd control duration
Determination 5: 55% reduction to crowd control duration

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, this is getting more interesting.

34points to DET5 to get a 55% reduction in all CC - passive
(or)
30points to PURGE3 to get a 100% reduction in all CC - 5m RuT

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
Well, this is getting more interesting.

34points to DET5 to get a 55% reduction in all CC - passive
(or)
30points to PURGE3 to get a 100% reduction in all CC - 5m RuT

I was purge3 on my paladin, and we ran with 2 demezzers, as any Mid-group should do atleast. The problem with Determination5 without Stoicism is that a long duration root still lasts for 25-30 seconds, which was too much for my paladin.

The problem with Purge3 is obvious aswell, if you use it, you're vulnerable to CC for 5 minutes then. If you purge the mezz, you can be rooted for a minute and such.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Difficult choice, but i'd more sway towards Purge3.

Mezz is still going to last on you for about 20-30 seconds or so even with DET5, on the other hand its always on. Purge3 is insta our, and re-usable basically every fight.

K

Krays

as i probably posted before, det5 vs purge3 its no biggie. det5 is just so much better. purge works 1 time each fight, but det can work up to several times each fight and keeps working.

and glad someone finally realised that det actually is worth it, so instead of telling me how noob i was in the beginning, now you are all leaning towards my opinion!

but to go back to your RA's if you are planning on doing all 8v8 you might wanna consider getting a higher level of ST aswell...really awesome realm ability when you are gonna go train vs train!

but that ofcourse is later!

Krays

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
If u have good healers I wouldn't worry too much about deter, and I'd rather get str4 mop3 than mop4 str3.. just imo :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
purge 3 personally as a bg also,
since if your grp is mezzed you want to be able to protect your support :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Krays said:
as i probably posted before, det5 vs purge3 its no biggie. det5 is just so much better. purge works 1 time each fight, but det can work up to several times each fight and keeps working.

and glad someone finally realised that det actually is worth it, so instead of telling me how noob i was in the beginning, now you are all leaning towards my opinion!

but to go back to your RA's if you are planning on doing all 8v8 you might wanna consider getting a higher level of ST aswell...really awesome realm ability when you are gonna go train vs train!

but that ofcourse is later!

Krays

Well I just checked, and not one person called you a noob here.

Det5 vs Purge3 is still a biggie and still debatable IMO. Each have their advantages. Det will still leave you CC'd for half the time (which could still be for up to 30 seconds), where was Purge3 is an insta -albeit once only- get out of jail free card every fight.

Honestly if someone is interrupting a thane, then thats fine cos it means that they are going to break the root anyway.

I think it should sway more towards your play style tears. Do you find your selfs mezzed alot and the healers never demezz you enough? Would you sacrifice a once per fight insta out for a always on 1/2 cc reduction? Do you find being rooted a problem or does your nukes still allow you to continue dmg on the MA target effectively?

After RR5, i'd definetly consider getting higher levels of ST. :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Well based on 4.9 levels of RvR'ing being mezzed/stunned hasnt been a problem at all, either the healer can get a demez off or purge is up its typicaly only one or two times in a 3hr session that i find myself stood there wishing I had DET and to be honest in those situations purge3 would have been a better investment.

As for ST, I really havent found much use for this out in the open (I've ran with ST1 for pretty much all of the last month) with the base 5points I think you get 2 rounds of stuns and to be honest here if anyone is still in the 400u range after 10 seconds then they are a pretty crummy player :) However, numerous times i've ran into a keep or tower (or bridge tower) and wished ST had more ticks its bloody usefull in those enclosed environments.

Based on discussions here and on other forums, i think ill work for Purge3 over DET5 as looking at the past few weeks of play it would be more useful to completely negate all CC once every 5 mins, than reduce all CC by 50%

Thanks for a constructive discussion tho :)

ohh and as for the first post here, looks like AugStr4/MoP3 would be better than AugStr3/MoP4

P

Pretarded

dont forget resists!1111
det5 + item resists + shaman/healer resists

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:
dont forget resists!1111
det5 + item resists + shaman/healer resists

Even with that a mezz/root is still going to last potentially 20 seconds.

I guess the other option would be det4, purge 1. This gives you less time rooted or mezzed, but when the red mezz hits you and your healers are off and busy you get a once every 15 minutes get out of jail free card so your not stood there for 30 seconds..

It also uses less rp's than det 5 or purge 3.

P

Pretarded

Det helps alot no only vs castable mezz/root, but also insta mezz, hibernia stun, mincer stun, cleric stun, will save your butt vs caster groups where casters/clerics/micners stun on assist.
Det is sooo imporatnat for tanks, specialy if they dont have charge. Purge3 is sweet no doubt, but what will u do if u purge on inc and get rooted later and left behind your group for one minute, forc example if caster group is extending ?

Dorimor1

Banned
Imo the only way to see what truly works best for yourself and your group and what benefits you the most is to try both out and see for yourself.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
After all this feedback, im going to test out the following first :-

(3) Augmented Strength +22 str
(2) Mastery of Pain +9 % chance of critical hit
(4) Determination -38 % mez/stun/root duration
(1) Purge 5s delay, 15m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects
(1) Chain Lightning R5L0 RA: leaping DD from initial target up to 5 more within 500u, 10m RUT
(1) Tireless Class Ability: 1 endurance regen per tick. All classes w/ lvl 15 styles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom