Weaponskill to Damage

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone have some links, calculators or so forth for weaponskill.

I've figured out pushing up aug-str on my thane would increase weaponskill by 80 points, I'd just like to know how much more melee damage thats likely to do.

- or - would i be better off going from MoP3 to MoP4

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Anyone have some links, calculators or so forth for weaponskill.

I've figured out pushing up aug-str on my thane would increase weaponskill by 80 points, I'd just like to know how much more melee damage thats likely to do.

- or - would i be better off going from MoP3 to MoP4
dunno any calculators etc
but maybe this helps out a bit? :)

I based the offensive mop/augstr/augdex on damage done from this chart. These are Shadowblades tests (Vilna-perc) and I cut the augdex/str #'s in half for pierce users.

Average crit is 30% (10-50% variance)

No MoP: 10% crit rate: 1.03x no crit dps
MoP 1: 13% crit rate: 1.039x no crit dps, 0.87% dps boost over no mopain
MoP 2: 19% crit chance: 1.057x no crit dps, 2.62% dps boost over no mopain
MoP 3: 27% crit chance: 1.081x no crit dps, 4.95% dps boost
MoP 4: 37% crit chance: 1.111x no crit dps, 7.87% dps boost
MoP 5: 49% crit chance: 1.147x no crit dps, 11.36% dps boost

If we assume that the SB is Wyrd specced and has 1400 WS without any aug str, then the gains are as follows (with a bit of a margin of error):

Aug str 1: +4 str = +11 ws, 1411/1400 = 0.79% dps boost
Aug str 2: +12 str = +34 ws, 1434/1400 = 2.43% boost
Aug str 3: +22 str = +63 ws, 1463/1400 = 4.50% boost
Aug str 4: +34 str = +97 ws, 1497/1400 = 6.93% boost
Aug str 5: +48 str = +137 ws, 1537/1400 = 9.79% boost

demonikeen's webby:
http://home.earthlink.net/~demonikeen/id5.html

Now i dont 100% understand it (maybe some of you do)..
does he kinda say. that with MoPAIN you raise your average dmg also?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
So basicaly for me its either :-

Devilseye said:
or
Devilseye said:

So looks like MoP4 would be a better choice than Aug Str 4

So at RR5 im looking at :-
(3) Augmented Strength +22 str
(4) Mastery of Pain +27 % chance of critical hit
(1) Purge 5s delay, 15m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects
(1) Static Tempest 10 s dur AoE attack which procs 3s stun every 5s, 10m RUT
(1) Chain Lightning R5L0 RA: leaping DD from initial target up to 5 more within 500u, 10m RUT
(1) Tireless Class Ability: 1 endurance regen per tick. All classes w/ lvl 15 styles

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i would drop tireless and get long wind 1 instead,
not sure about chain lightning never used it

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
i would drop tireless and get long wind 1 instead,
not sure about chain lightning never used it

Tireless is free to any character with a L15 weapon style (no realm points needed)
Chain lightning is the free thane RR5 (no realm points needed)

Incase anyone else has some other ideas, my thane is currently 50 sword, 50 storms and runs with the assist train whacking out melee damage and throwing in the odd insta DD/Doomhammer when needed.

Sword - str - pie are overcap'd in template

so based on this i kinda guess going for melee damage 1st then magic damage 2nd

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
inqy said:
mop3 + str3 > str/mop4

My plan is for str3+mop4 in the above RR5 brakedown :) unless anyone screams "Gimp" with good reason

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
So basicaly for me its either :-

or

So looks like MoP4 would be a better choice than Aug Str 4

So at RR5 im looking at :-
(3) Augmented Strength +22 str
(4) Mastery of Pain +27 % chance of critical hit
(1) Purge 5s delay, 15m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects
(1) Static Tempest 10 s dur AoE attack which procs 3s stun every 5s, 10m RUT
(1) Chain Lightning R5L0 RA: leaping DD from initial target up to 5 more within 500u, 10m RUT
(1) Tireless Class Ability: 1 endurance regen per tick. All classes w/ lvl 15 styles

Looks good IMO.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
tried various combinations of Aug.Str and MoP, and tbh, more Aug.Str. "felt" better.
Afaik the base chance to crit is 10%, so with MoP5 it should be ~49%, or pretty much every 2nd hit. While I had MoP5 it didn't feel any different to my usual MoP3, a few more very very low crits, but that's all.

Aug.Str. improves the crits you get damagewise, it helps to get past your opponents defense and boosts your damage.

(mind you, that's a kobolds opinion! ;))

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest dropping MOP4 to 3 and getting purge2 if you're looking to solo, for groups though it looks fine.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
I suggest dropping MOP4 to 3 and getting purge2 if you're looking to solo, for groups though it looks fine.

The only things i solo are towers :) Ive been running in guild-group-rvr with purge2 for nearly a week and although its VERY usefull I've come to the conclusion at this RR those 10 points are going to be better spent dishing out move damage.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Devilseye said:
I based the offensive mop/augstr/augdex on damage done from this chart. These are Shadowblades tests (Vilna-perc) and I cut the augdex/str #'s in half for pierce users.

Average crit is 30% (10-50% variance)

No MoP: 10% crit rate: 1.03x no crit dps
MoP 1: 13% crit rate: 1.039x no crit dps, 0.87% dps boost over no mopain
MoP 2: 19% crit chance: 1.057x no crit dps, 2.62% dps boost over no mopain
MoP 3: 27% crit chance: 1.081x no crit dps, 4.95% dps boost
MoP 5: 49% crit chance: 1.147x no crit dps, 11.36% dps boost

If we assume that the SB is Wyrd specced and has 1400 WS without any aug str, then the gains are as follows (with a bit of a margin of error):

Aug str 1: +4 str = +11 ws, 1411/1400 = 0.79% dps boost
Aug str 2: +12 str = +34 ws, 1434/1400 = 2.43% boost
Aug str 3: +22 str = +63 ws, 1463/1400 = 4.50% boost
Aug str 5: +48 str = +137 ws, 1537/1400 = 9.79% boost

demonikeen's webby:
http://home.earthlink.net/~demonikeen/id5.html

Now i dont 100% understand it (maybe some of you do)..
does he kinda say. that with MoPAIN you raise your average dmg also?

That's not completely true though. Raising your weaponskill will also mean raising your chance to hit a target. It's not all just about raw damage :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:
mmm, no determination ?:s

no point imo

Thanes dont get stoicism so with shit loads of points ploughed into it you can reduce a 1m mezz by a few seconds.

at high RR ill be aiming for purge3 to counter that, 5min RuT should be up in most fights.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
gimp!

hehe ;)

Well actually what do gimp you the most is sword spec over hammer and yes i know it's because of "roleplaying"... But the thanes is Thors dominions, thus it's more in our role to wield hammers.

Now i'm all caster spec with my thane, but i know if i got a template for it as well as changed my ra's, i would do about same dmg as a dualwielder(and as fast) wielding my thane champ one-handed hammer, thanks to the hammer dd procs (crumble doing 100+ dd dmg extra and lambast 160-200 dmg extra on normal resists).

I did enjoy my sword spec and didn't like to be forced to respec to hammer...
But when i dinged rr8, i tried to go for a 2-hand(sword) high str,mopain, moparry ra-spec as well as changing my normal spec.
...Well it was nice, but i felt as effective in melee as a rr4 zerk or something.

So i think you would do alot better with hammer spec as well as a somewhat different ra-spec,roleplaying is nice, but not all that much when one got a un-effective char :/

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
My plan is for str3+mop4 in the above RR5 brakedown :) unless anyone screams "Gimp" with good reason
thats what I would do too then. if you are determined to go for raw damage :)

K

Krays

With no determination you will be totally screwed! a root will own you, and even though you will still have your spells to cast its just not good enough imo. we had the same discussion about f our pally should have purge3 or det5, and ended up at det5 after trying both.

purge3 is just not up all the time when u need it, if u purge the first root and second root will destroy you unless you always die or win before the timer is gone (very unlikely tho if u ever face a good grp)

just my 5 cents tho, play as you like its your money and your toon!

Krays

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Krays said:
With no determination you will be totally screwed! a root will own you, and even though you will still have your spells to cast its just not good enough imo. we had the same discussion about f our pally should have purge3 or det5, and ended up at det5 after trying both.

purge3 is just not up all the time when u need it, if u purge the first root and second root will destroy you unless you always die or win before the timer is gone (very unlikely tho if u ever face a good grp)

just my 5 cents tho, play as you like its your money and your toon!

Krays

A thane is not a paladin, when rooted (after patch 1.82) I throw out 300+DD every 2.5 secs and adding ontop of that 600-900 with doomhammer.

Rooting a thane is pointless unless your going to sprint over 2000 units away.

and sorry but i refuse to burn around 3 complete realm levels and around 30 points in DET to reduce a bards mezz from 70secs to 56secs.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I think the big advantage for thanes, is the fact that Root doesnt totally reduce their effectiveness. Sure DET tanks with Stoicism can go on after quickly, but Thanes dont get Stoicism, and they'd have to gimp the dmg RAs just to reduce CC down a small amount. IMO stick with dmg :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
From what I understand aug str is better than explained in that test. Coz ur almost always either sheared or debuffed, which means ur active str is less than ur potential max(twoll prolly around 370+)

and u kinda need 300-350 at all times, so this is where aug str factors in. As there are diminished effects above 300 and iirc also above 350 and 400.

Hope that made sense..headache atm and velly tired :p

/Dracus

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
hehe this just gets worse and worse

my base str is effectivly 311 (with 50 in stormcalling i get a better str/con buff than red con enhanced and with self buffing you dont have to worry about being sheared too much) - thats with aug str 2

a healers base str will push that up to about 360 i think

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think there is much point in getting more than lvl 3 in an aug RA since the cost is too high for the effect, should rather save the points from mop4 and get some other goodie instead :D

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Base buffs cap at 62. Interesting points on str, I don't think the extra defense from WS is often an issue in groups, but what dracus said could be very noticable, probably even making augstr better than MOP outright if you've been sheared and double debuffed.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
general rule ive always used is keep MoP 1 level abouve your aug (whatever). remeber reading somewhere that was the best use of Realm skill points.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
i had det5 on my reaver for a while, and it makes a whole lot of difference. most mezzes flashing as soon as they are applied, roots hardly lasting any time at all, baseline stun for 1-2 secs etc, really loved it (obviously made me useless solo though so ditched it after a while)

imo worth the points even on a non-stoicism tank

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Krays said:
we had the same discussion about f our pally should have purge3 or det5, and ended up at det5 after trying both.

Paladins get Stoicism. That means with det 5 they can run through roots.
Thanes don't so even with det 5 you'd still be stood still for a very long time.

Assuming the root is 73 seconds that's

73 seconds - 40% resists = 44 seconds
Det reduces this to 29 seconds

34 RA points for 29 seconds instead of 44?? no thanks!

Basic rule is if you get Stoicism get det 5, if you don't get purge 3.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Hybrids dont get stoicism :)

so thanes and paladins don't - just checked on a RA calc and couldnt see stoicism on the paladin screen (but can on other classes)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Hybrids dont get stoicism :)

so thanes and paladins don't - just checked on a RA calc and couldnt see stoicism on the paladin screen (but can on other classes)

Checked on my Paladin, and they don't have it.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom