Weapons Stay vs Weapons Respawn

O

old.Sunryer

Well, I dont know about you, but i found gaming on barrys world superior to any other places ive tried (eg - wireplay) in its quality of game.

however, one thing does dissapoint me - no weapons stay server for q2!

weapons stay is the best ffa game u can get, and weapons respawn is simply boring when u have 12 players, coz that means 2 or 3 end up with a cr@ppy machine gun, or worse still, the blaster!

if ne1 would like to post a message here campaigning for a weapons stay server, then go ahead, but if ne1 just wants to argue (constructively), then go for it!

:)

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

Weapon stay off is definately best, otherwise you get a minos evironment, game won in 3 minutes by a LPB git, no thank you. Weapon stay off is far better as it shows really who is a good player, if you can get a gun and live long enough to use it, you will win, not fire all rockets die, respawn pick up same gun. Weapon stay off gives you a reason to stay alive.

O

old.Sunryer

I do see your point, but this does heavily favour the more experienced players and makes for a slower paced game. I do feel that some players prefer this, but as there are weaker players out here (myself included), a weapon stay game is far better for FFA (obviously not for team games).

E

*Exor*

Minos is hosted by Barrysworld, that has weap stay on, why not play there?

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

Minos are yeah, but Barrysworld keep on saying they have nothing to do with Minos, which is kind of weird.

K

kryt

Psycho/Buffy/Nick 2 etc etc :D
Minos is only hosted by BW - meaning its just a server running off a box in the BW house somewhere. Minos is run by completely seperate people, the admin is [MA]Phoenix should you need to know more. Because most the work on q2 servers is done remotely, BW admins would not have any form of access to that server (unless they are higher level functionaires) - thats a guess, correct me if im wrong, BW lads

[Cw.F]Kryten

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

Oh yeah, and stop calling me nick 2.

O

old.Slime

I suppose weapon stay off is better if you wanna practice for a league game of some type like 4v4 where weapon stay would probably be off or if theres only a few peeps on the server.I think its best to be off if theres only a few peeps on as ya can do a bit of tactical weapons play.But when theres a load like there sometimes is say 10-12 + then weapon stay is a must really.I have played on WP and Minos and they are real good fun with a load of peeps.As to it would always be won by a lpb if it was weapons stay on i disagree as to it been won in three minutes it might be and most prob by an lpb but if its won in three minutes then the person winning would probably still win if they where on a modem might just take em 4-5 minutes instead.I'm an lpb myself and can tell ya that i have been beaten many times by hpb's and never won a game in 3 minsutes the reason i think is cos im so crap at quake2 :)Anyway i think there should at least be one or two weapon stay servers as they are so much fun when ya get enough on em

O

old.Sunryer

I agree m8, coz i have played in 4 to 6 player FFAs, and yeah, with weapons respawn, it is a really good game, a true game of skill.

The games i tend to play most tho, r 10+player ffas, and with that in weapons respawn u get a major advantage from good spawns. With weapons stay, it becomes a massive rl/rg/hb/cg massacre, perfect for your everyday anarchist ;)

------------------
- "The new day is here, but I can't be arsed to get out of bed"

FearFulSilence-Q2DM,CTF/TFC/TF2

O

old.Wolf

I agree with Sundryer, Weapon stay off is far better for experienced players. So why not get Barrysworld to make a 'Newbie' server with weapon stay on?
Then we can all jump in and mash some newbies (Bwaaa hahahahaha)

O

old.godanotherform

I sort of agree with the last post. A newbie server would be a good idea (with weap stay). As it is at the moment there is a very popular weaps stay server (sorry BW :0 ) claranet. Thing is it can get very popular and at peak times is often 0wned (omg that shite term) by some very good players. Sometimes giving each map as little as 3 mins. Maybe an alternative would be to add a HPB only server (like with Q3). Another problem is some lamers would play in the newbie server (newbie or not) just to maybe warm up, picking of the poor newbies as they struggle round the map. Thing is people should bend over backwards to help new people as they are the future of the game, perhaps. Thanks

AKA gutless alias twat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom