weapon speed

Cameron

Fledgling Freddie
whats better for a thrust scout of the 2 crafted mp weapons

lvl 51 exceptional stiletto
lvl 51 fortfied stiletto

Former does less dmg but faster wpn speed, latter more dmg slower wpn speed...

Or it makes no difference? in the long run

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
u have to figure in less misses and less evades/blocks

so in the long run the faster wins id say

a miss/evade/block on the slow one can be devastating. On the fast one its alot less devastating.

This ofcourse doesnt include haste and celerity thingys

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
They both have 16.5DPS. Therefore, their unstyled damage over time will be exactly the same.

There will, however, be a difference in their styled damage over time. I recommend that you look at this calculator and plug in your character's numbers:

http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Speed_Calc

The closer you can get your swing-speed to the 1.5 second cap, the better. This will allow your additional style damage to come as fast as possible and, therefore, maximise your damage output over time. If the faster of the two weapons does not let you reach the 1.5s swing-speed cap, then use the faster weapon. If you hit the 1.5s cap with the faster weapon, use a slower weapon until you are exactly at the 1.5s swing-speed cap. By calculating your real swing-speed with each weapon, you'll be in a better position to decide which thruster will give you maximum damage over time.

The short summary is: Use the slowest weapon that allows you to hit (or come closest to) the 1.5s swing-speed cap.

Hope that helps!

Cameron

Fledgling Freddie
the faster one has a lower dps 15.8 I think but i need to check

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom