weapon skill

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
does weapon skill capped at 50?

ie does it make any difference if you have +to skill if you have 50 slash and 50 dw

cheers peeps

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Get +11 to both to increase weapon skill and style damage and I believe chance to hit.

Yeah it makes a difference, the higher your +skill the higher your weaponskill. Then the more weapon skill you have, the higher chance you have to hit, and the higher your damage will be :]

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
iirc the actual weapon skill caps at 51, but the use of having 60+ spec is for more dmg+chance to hit...but my knowledge of melee is very limited

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
iirc the actual weapon skill caps at 51, but the use of having 60+ spec is for more dmg+chance to hit...but my knowledge of melee is very limited

indeed :)

sama is correct.

Sorin

Banned
thergador said:
cheers of help

A little guide to more damage ;)

From the thread "Nobbish Questions"

Sorin said:
Growth rate is
its actually rather complicated...

I'l try to make understandable:

Growth Rate is something each weapon style has.
The higher the growth rate on a style, the higher the style bonus will be.

Most styles got an average growth rate of 1.00 +/-

Now, many people yawn about the armsman being the only char with a 1.20 style "Defenders Rage".

But they may find it supprising to know that the styles with the highest growth rate in the game belongs to the Critical strike spec line.

I read somewhere that styles like PA and Backstab can't even be calculated since it static damage.. No matter if the weapon is fast or slow the style damage will still be very high.

Now if you want to really explore you melee damage:

You will need a Weapon with High DPS (Damage Per Second)
"16.5" recomended, and make the weapon 100% quality to get the effective damage to 16.5 aswell, and use the slowest weapon you can find.
A help would be RR5 to get your Weapdam 16.5 aswell.
Now we only got weaponskill to think about.. in short:
aslong as your weapon skill is atleast 20% ATLEAST!!! Higher than the armorfactor of the person/mob you are hitting, you should be okay to go.

Note that although the growt rate on styles can be a little bit unstable, the style with the highest growth rate will always outperform the style with lower growth rate over time.

So, all in all. if you wanna do some heavy melee damage,
get high weapskill, ownage weapon, high melee damage stats such as strength and dextery.

A small example:

The weapskill on my arms is 2200 +/-.
On my merc its 2100 +/-.
Buffed ofc :kissit:

A way to get high weapskill besides Passive RA's "str/dex"
is to get +skills! max your main spec with those and you will see your weapskill go skyhigh.

Hope it helps

And to clear the questions about weapskill.. yes it will increase your chance of hitting, parrying etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom