Weapon crafters?

O

old.Mu.

Was I just really, really unlucky this evening, or are there no weapon crafters online of an evening on Mid/Pry? :) I I kept running backwards and forwards between Jordheim and Gna Faste looking for a nice smithy to fix me up an iron great axe, but I couldn't find a single person at a forge anywhere. :(

A

Ardrias_Mid

Not everyone is logged on as their crafter you know ;)

H

Hufner

An alternative is to do a /who smith (I think it is...)

O

old.Mu.

Tried that, Hufner. Nuthin'. I think I may play a little too late for most normal human beings. Crappy job. :(

And, doh Ardrias, I was half hoping a crafter may make themselves known to me via this thread though. :) Guess it kinda worked if I can catch your thane tonight. :)

E

esola

Another crafter is Gorthon. His friend Esola knows where he is drink.. <coughs> eh, resting most of the time.

T

Taggart

I suggest just buying a axe from vendor if its only a shite iron one u want, u hardly need a uber hand crafted one for lvl u must be at. I dont see much point going hand crafted till lvl 40+ cos thats only time ya gonna be able to do anything in rvr.
So just grab some crappy vendor one or try get a drop one near the lvl u at, that should get ya by.

A

Ardrias_Mid

Taggart, you werent born smart were you?

M

Midgardian

I think What Ardrias is getting at here, is that no matter what level you are at, and no matter what you are killing, having High Quality Weapons and Armour normally means the difference between being able to Kill a Yellow Con Mob, or being slain by a Green con Mob.

It Doesn't just apply to RvR.

There...my 2 pennies worth

T

Taggart

Well im just saying that buying a crafted wep ive always just kept for rvr, against mobs etc i dont feel ya need a crafted one too much most times u and a grp just all have a whack at it, noone really solo's that much( well not in alb anyway) its always grps ya in. I think your just aswell with any crap for mobs, cos u may pay for that sword, gain a few lvls same day and its went from orange to blue :(

D

Damon_D

NEVER EVER BUY NPC STUFF ITS DA CRAP..hope thats was clear enough Taggart..My weapon users dont use anything below 97 qual, even if they are lvl 6.. well maybe if they need the stats more ( +weapon to get weapon to lvl or something ) , but even then ill rather use a crafted one and spend time finding jewelry to boost the stats.. Getting an iron crafted axe should be failry easy you dont need wery high crafting for that 250 max maybe even as less as 200for a+95 qual

O

old.Ozird Rinfut

Originally posted by Taggart
I think your just aswell with any crap for mobs, cos u may pay for that sword, gain a few lvls same day and its went from orange to blue :(

You still have to buy it dont you?

I prefer have 15-20% higher damage on my weapons, and Im sure most of the others prefer that to. 15% more damage means less downtime, more xp, higher degree of satisfied players. less whining, a better world etcetc...

Bottomline is, if you have the money, even at low levels, buy crafted weapons. If you level fast, plan ahead, buy the next weapon you need to, so you can switch when the old weapon turns blue.

T

Taggart

Well i dunno about some of your wep crafters, but on alb guys are too busy to make some shit axe for someone these, guys already are very busy with orders to make high grade stuff for people or to try get up there own wep craft skils.

M

Midgardian

Ah, you see that's the difference between us Good Mids, and you stupid Albs.

No Matter What level the player is, if he is in need of Hand Crafted Weapons, Amour, Shields or staves then there is Allways a Happy Helpful Crafter out there who will make if for them.

Maybe, they are not allways on, but when they are, well and Order is an Order, Even if its for a Bronze axe.

So Old.Mu have a look at the following

http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/crafterrank.php?server=Prydwen&realm=Midgard

T

Taggart

Well thats something u lads got over us, cos i remember ages ago when i was but a lowbie, i asked a bunch of wep crafters for a alloy bastard sword and they told me they too busy to make crap like that, so i just used vendor and drop stuff for a while and i know lots of other peeps thats had to do same!

O

Ottar

I fear Taggart actually has a point there.

> You still have to buy it dont you?

Yes, but unless one can craft oneself or has easy access to some crafters, buying a crafted equippment can be quite alot of hassle. 15-20% higher damage and increased to hit bonus beats merc-bought items any day, but if one spends several hours to actually find a crafter to make that weapon, the time could be better spent on killing mobs with store-brought stuff. Especially so on early levels, when weapons seldom last more than a day or two. Crafters doing low materials usually powercraft and don’t actively advertise. High level crafters may not bother doing low material items. Result being that someone showing up near a forge and asking for a steel something may well got ignored even if there are crafters nearby.

Ordering bronze, iron, perhaps even steel equipment from crafters is only worth it when you just happen to be near a forge and manage to get a deal. Travelling from say Haggerfell to Gna and back again just for an iron axe is quite impractical. Alloy and up, it could make sense. High level items such as mithril and up, that don’t have better equivalents in unique drops or quest items are of course worth any trouble to find a crafter for.

It is (or would be) a good practice however for crafters to do low level items for just material costs. Let customers buy the materials, that way you suffer no losses except your time.

Ottar

H

Hufner

Well, when we ever get to 1.53 making grey con items will be quite easy as the craftingprocess of grey items is reduced by 50% :)
So it would mean even higher level crafters can take the time to make Iron or similar.

O

old.Mu.

Middies, be nice, don't bite Mr. Taggart's head off :), if that's how he feels about weapons then that's how he feels about weapons. Judging from his sig he hardly has difficulty levelling.

Personally, I don't mind sticking with my shaman until I can find a crafter to properly gear up my melee char(s). I just switched to mid/pry from hib/pry.. And on hib I think I had nothing but crafted gear from level 2 onwards. :) So I'm kinda used to crafted stuff now and much prefer it.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who posted with regards to helping me track down one of your highly elusive race of weaponsmiths. The rest of you may now resume arguing. :)

A

Ardrias_Mid

Well I can only speak for myself, but an order is an order.

If no orders are in line, I'll make that bronze axe or whatever it may be.
Same goes if someone wants arcanium, and I have bronze queued before that, an order is an order, and high levels don't get to skip line.

I remember being low level, and not able to get stuff I needed, so I rather help out the young ones than those pesky high levels ;)

S

Solid

lol

level 10-40 most ( and I mean 70%+) of your items should be drop, quest, onetime drop items.

Usually at least half my items always been quest items between 10 and 40, aka 100% quality and magical stats.

My advice:

Use daoc.warcry.com/quests to fill ur slots with items, then fill the gaps with crafted if its available, or go get some mob dropped items.

P

pudzy

I'd suggest

Hellskor
Ardrias
Stxy

all helpful lads styx is a bit old now tho :pP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom