FH news We all like change.....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FreddysHouse currently runs on the 1.1.x train of XenForo, moving to 1.2.x is a major upgrade and many addons need to be upgraded, some removed but the experience is so much better, plus many addons do not support the version currently used here. A fully responsive style, drag images directly to the editor and many many more.

As part of the migration the style is going to undergo a significant change, a better looking, cleaner, different colour style! Do not worry the green is not going anywhere. Obviously I will be tweaking the style based on constructive feedback once the migration has taken place.

Unfortunately 2 styles will not make it across for migration time, namely DAoC and TdC 's excellent CU style, don't worry they will be coming back once redone.

The migration could happen as early as tonight, depending on how I feel and completing some additional testing, anyway, here are two screenshots for you to look at.....

FreddysHouse oldstyle.png
FreddysHouse newstyle v2.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A few things to add:
  • Upgrade will take around 1 hour, 25 minutes to alter the database structure and rebuild all the templates, import the new style etc. The rest is in the addon upgrades that need to happen. Once I get to a point where I am happy I will allow access whilst I continue with the upgrade.
  • New Stock Trader will be installed. Lots of new features and looks lovely!
  • To see some of the new features of XenForo 1.2 go here and read the XF 1.2 threads.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
cheers boss :D

Well, how the fuck did it go today? Do not leave me in suspense, btw, I am boss of noone, not even my kids anymore! :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just curious as to when to panic when I can't get into the forums!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
hehe, when you see the maintenance screen for more than 5 minutes then you know I am breaking/fixing/upgrading stuff. It will happen before Monday as I gotta a storm to look forward to!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's cool man. I'm currently two glasses in to a reward bottle of barolo while scarfing stilton biscuits (I already tried to see how many I could get in my mouth at once. answer = 7)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Want to see the new FH?

goto testforums.freddyshouse.com
username: test
password: letmesee

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'd hope the green on green is going to change on threads with unread posts!

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I really like the current layout over the test layout. I think it just looks more tidy than a grid type layout but that's just me. Whatever you decide is fine with me, won't stop reading the forums over a layout change. Just wish there was a decent android app to read these forums.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really like the current layout over the test layout. I think it just looks more tidy than a grid type layout but that's just me. Whatever you decide is fine with me, won't stop reading the forums over a layout change. Just wish there was a decent android app to read these forums.

The new style is responsive and works rather well :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well that took a little longer than expected, anyway, the upgrade is nearly complete. As the style numbering has changed if you wish to move away from the green then you have to reselect FreddysHouse (Default UI.X).

dysfunction

FH is my second home

You don't need one. This new version looks good in a regular mobile browser.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ah, responsive design. The subject of every single fucking meeting I'm involved in at the moment. Either that or CRM. Or both.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not sure I like the re-design. The new green will take a lot of getting used to, it seems very cluttered; I can't read it easily.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I found the white default one - just a bit better than green, but still harsh on the eyes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not sure I like the re-design. The new green will take a lot of getting used to, it seems very cluttered; I can't read it easily.

I'm with you at the moment. But I'll give it a bit of time, could turn out ace.

Performance seems a laggy in Firefox for some reason?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm with you at the moment. But I'll give it a bit of time, could turn out ace.

Performance seems a laggy in Firefox for some reason?
There are no doubt many tweaks that are required to get it to where it should be, but first you have to start with something and I needed to get to the latest version of XenForo.

Not noticed any issues with performance under FF 24 (which I was testing with)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not noticed any issues with performance under FF 24 (which I was testing with)

I'm on FF24 and as I'm typing this I'm getting a bit of lag for some reason. As if the HDD or CPU is struggling a little (they're not) - the words are a sometimes a couple of characters behind and then it catches up - which feels a bit distracting.

Scrolling up and down is not the smoothest either, at least for me.

The rest seems fine. I like the fact that I just restarted the PC in an attempt to resolve this before I posted this - and this version had saved a draft of what I'd started to type and I didn't have to start afresh, so I can immediately see what you mean about features.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm on FF24 and as I'm typing this I'm getting a bit of lag for some reason. As if the HDD or CPU is struggling a little (they're not) - the words are a sometimes a couple of characters behind and then it catches up - which feels a bit distracting.

Scrolling up and down is not the smoothest either, at least for me.

The rest seems fine. I like the fact that I just restarted the PC in an attempt to resolve this before I posted this - and this version had saved a draft of what I'd started to type, so I can immediately see what you mean about features.
Found one bug which could have caused an issue, if viewing over https. There are lots and lots of features hidden away. I'll fire up FF 24 and browse around. Can you open firebug and select network and reload a page?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
take the .txt extension off...

It's not page loading that seems bad to me tho.

Attachments

• netexport.har.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom