Water bug abusing.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
<edited names> you poor little beginners. Couldn´t even take down a little fire wizard with Healer + Sm duo w/o both of you had to abuse the water bug like 10 times each. Thats pretty pathetic and classed as bug abusing too (if im not sadly mistaken)

Note from Eggy: Have removed names. It's a fair discussion, but as there is uncertaintly as to what's classed as "cheating".

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
To be perfectly honest with you, why are you complaining here? Complain to MYTHIC (not goa) Its their jobs to fix this so called bug which they are not going to, after speaking with a csr on the usa servers he said very clearly that it is not a bug it was implanted their and putting a combat timer on water diveing would be silly. The only bug to do with water is the bug where your on below 10% and you still go at normal speed that is only bug that mythic are trying to fix.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its not bug abuse.

Its how line of sight is calculated. So if they choose to pop up and down above the surface, then they are merely best utilising the games current game mechnics.

It can be annoying yes, but its stupid not to use it. How many times will you see fg/fg fights in water where only 1 healer is in line of sight at one time. Circumstances permitting.

Less whine, more use of brain to utilise the given terrain to maximise chances of victory.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeh it's perfectly admitted, not that fair especially if it's caster group vs tank group (the one suffering the most from the practice).
Overall a fat annoyance anyway.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
It's pathetic that you can't hit below the surface, like it was an impenetrable wall of force. The implementation of water alone was shitty enough (who the hell would fight underwater please???), then they made it full of bugs and mistakes aswell, which is a total screwup if you ask me, cause NF was supposed to fix the old frontiers in many ways.

Anyways, I'm preaching that all the time, posting here about someone diving and upping will not lead to anything, although I admit that they must've sucked if they needed that to kill a single caster :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
tsk, a fire wizzard casting in water should just cook himself anyway :D

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
lesson 101 - DONT follow ppl into water unless you are very good and know how to play.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Hate the bug on my Merc, l0ve it on my Cabalist :d can kite people so easy and not get hit for ageeeeeees

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
If the OP is refering to water-bobbing, get over it already. It is perfectly intensional and confirmed as such plenty times. If you don't like it - send feedback to Mythic who are the only ones who can change it. Meanwhile stop QQing about players playing the game according to its design and implementation.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty certain mythic didn't intend water to be used the way it is, but it's certainly not a bug nor is it illegal to use is, and so many people use it that you lose out if you don't.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Void959 said:
so many people use it that you lose out if you don't.

Not sure that's true - there is a choice of retreating out of range if you think the enemy are ducking and diving. Just because others do it is never an excuse for doing the same thing, especially if you think it is wrong.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
NeLSoN said:
fire wizz useless, delete it u'll make a favour to every1

ehh..? Ahh, a joke! ;)

Well, I think a 2 spec earh/fire is better.. but I dont think they are useless, very far from it.

On the subject:

Sure, there is prolly no one that havent been irritated on the line of sight at serface.. But its a simpel sulution: Keep away from it. Either you dont go down at all, staying so far off that people trying to use wather have to come to you or you dive deep - all of your group, tanks need to come to youand you have plenty of time as a caster group to nuce em down. other casters will be easy targeted up theer and will be 1 step behind you in targeting and start casting. You stay down to the fight is ower, start dolphing will meen your healing speced groupmembers will have to spreadheal and its unserten if they will have power for that if the fight drags out in time.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
It's not a "bug", it's a game mechanic that is logical when you allow diving.

What is the alternative to it?
Allowing people who swim on the surface to get hit by casters on the bottom of the river they cannot see? I doubt you would be happy with that...

If you would like this mechanic to be removed then you should request diving be removed from the game.

Gamah

Banned
Gazon said:
It's not a "bug", it's a game mechanic that is logical when you allow diving.

What is the alternative to it?
Allowing people who swim on the surface to get hit by casters on the bottom of the river they cannot see? I doubt you would be happy with that...

If you would like this mechanic to be removed then you should request diving be removed from the game.

Or they should have implimented water better?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Initially chars above water could be targetted bt chars below water and vice versa.
They changed it because initially archers and casters were ganking people from below water at docks.

I usually pull out traitors dagger for water bobbers.

What I hate more than water bobbers are chars who swim faster backwards than you can swim forwards whilst under water.
Had a mincer do this to me 4 times a few weeks back so that his DD timers and my mezz/stun immunity would reset.

Dave J.

Banned
Personally i hope most of us voted 'remove waterfights' in the last Poll ;)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't know it used to be like that, but I'd certainly prefer it. Anyone who swims on top of water is at a disadvantage already because it allows other groups to target and position themselves perfectly before mezzing and ganking, I see many many albs die needlessly because they sim across or along rivers, or at boat dropoffs and don't check underwater.

Belisar said:
Not sure that's true - there is a choice of retreating out of range if you think the enemy are ducking and diving. Just because others do it is never an excuse for doing the same thing, especially if you think it is wrong.
That's true to an extent but running is not always possible nor desirable, and I think of it more like soloers using buffbots, the first people who did it were lame but nowdays you have you do it to succeed and its not regarded as cheating or lame by most people anymore. Obviously that's a more serious example and you won't necessarily lose fights by not using water where available but you will have a distinct disadvantage compared to a player/group who does.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
There is 1 water bug as stated here earlier and that ppl being able to move at normal speed on surface when on low hp.

But I cannot see how that can be abused 10 times in a fight ????
(I guess U r thinking of bobbing in the watersurface witch is not a bug)

The water bug is frequently abused and it is a banneble offense, so report it.

Yes it's mythic's fault the bug is there and they should be fixed no questions asked, BUT when they poll very few ppl wote for bug fixing even tho there is more bug's in game than things that work as it is intended to.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Being on the other side plane of the water should just give a % chance to miss the spell/attack imo...ie its harder to judge where things are because light travels at a different speed in water than air.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i mailed goa about a certain water bug a while ago, they told me it is a bannable offence to abuse it.

don't try to find out which one it is, the more people that don't know about it the better.

naic

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
Being on the other side plane of the water should just give a % chance to miss the spell/attack imo...ie its harder to judge where things are because light travels at a different speed in water than air.
Like this one. Of course depending on how high the actual miss chance is. Should be quite high imo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom