Watches

Gray

FH is my second home
I've been keen on getting a new watch for a long time, however my girlfriend has said since i seem to hard to buy for, she will buy me a watch if i want.

When i've done the window shopping or what have you, i've been disinterested in the ones which "come with anything". Things like the extra dials/chronographs etc, yet i've found the basic-dial styles to be ones which i'm drawn too.

At first when out shopping i seen some of the Emporio Armani styles which i took a liking too, but upon looking into it you're paying more for the actual brand name rather than the watch quality.

It was then i noticed people mentioning the Tissot brand, as they're known more for their actual quality. The PRC200 caught my eye. When i was looking into it though, i found that certain sites like Amazon had an influx of fakes hit them, and they've not been doing a great deal to help the customer in those circumstances, so i think i'd have to stick to a reputable jewellry company if i'm to find one.

The price range i've been told is about £200-300, which seems to be about the range for Tissot anyway.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Does it tell the time?
Yes.
Sold!

Never seen the attraction of fancy watches really. That Tissot one looks like it costs about £10 to make. The Armani one looks like all their other stuff, sticky.

May I interest sir in http://tinyurl.com/lqgu58e ?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The last watch I had was from Fossil, this was about 6 years ago mind. T'was a great watch.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I'd get a cheap 10'er digital and go on a sweeeeet weekend away with the lovely gf mate. Some time away together to just enjoy yourselves and chill.

other than that, for reasons I don't really understand I find myself lusting after some g-shock goodness :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Save your money. Do what everyone else does. Use your phone. Spend the money on a curry and chocolate

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If you like the watch, buy it. But Tissot are basically Swatch watches in a fancier case (made in the same factory). Unless you're spending serious money on a mechanical movement, most sub-£1000 watches have pretty much the same guts.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What about one of those fancy smartwatches?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bought one of these about a year back. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emporio-Armani-Mens-Watch-AR2448/dp/B00404KCGY
I wanted a watch with a blue 'face' and this fit the bill.

I would say get something you can afford to lose/have stolen. If you spend £xxxx you will buy a watch with a super strong face meaning if you bash it on a door etc, it will be fine. The only thing to damage them is diamonds (a guy at work ruined his whilst shagging his wife. Her engagement ring rubbed against his watch lol).

If you buy a watch between £100-£500 expect to see scratches on the strap. The face on mine is in perfect condition but the metal strap has a few nicks on it :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I've got a fancy smartwatch, its installed on my fancy smartphone...

I don't wear a watch, i think the last time i did was when i was at school, and that was a long time ago, it looked a bit like this if i remember.

sundial.jpg

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
If your buying a watch, at least get one with a bit of character. I've always like half hunters :) Used to have one but not sure where it is atm :(

pocketwatch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom