Wat your fave kind of music?

A

alexsermon

mine is rock and roll, maralyne manson is weird but cool.

M

Moving Target

Yeah, I like Maramalade Manson too ^_^

D

doh_boy

I'm still a bit of an indie kid so I like all of your generic NME bands like Kings of Leon, The Hives, The D4, The White Stripes, Oasis, Cooper Temple Clause. I like other music like hip hop, Mos Def, DMX other little bits and pieces. Dj Shadow, Unkle (including the new stuff) Prodigy. Belle & sebastian. Old '60s stuff; beatles, cream. Some classical pieces. All sorts really :D

C

caLLous

Trance and hiphop/rap at the moment. None of yer average mainstream wank though!

C

~Clarky~

misfits/rise against/afi/poison the well etc :)

M

mookie

Originally posted by caLLous
Trance and hiphop/rap at the moment. None of yer average mainstream wank though!

that made me chuckle :)

S

Swift^

Grew up with metal... main musical genres I listen to are metal and drum n bass, although my tastes and collections are eclectic

S

Sharma

Rock/metal and Trance/dance etc.

Yes i do have an odd taste in music. :)

M

maxi--

i love how people think that liking one type of music, and anotehr type of music at the other end of the spectrum, makes them special! Like, they're so cultured cos they can listen to happy hardcore AND Coldplay!

B

Big G

Everything, except perhaps classical/opera.

For instance, my top line in my CD collection:

1. Air
2. The Beatles
3. Burt Bacharach
4. James Bond collection
5. Black Grape
6. Blur
7. The Bluetones
8. Beastie Boys
9. Toni Braxton

A bit of each genre just on the top line. The last album i bought was 'Daniel Lanois - Shine', absolutely brilliant album. Before anyone says "never heard of him, must be crap" - he produced U2's Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind and more: some of the best albums ever as well as Peter Gabriel's stuff so he is a big music industry player. Go buy it!!

G

C

CptDoom

Anything that isnt shit and rammed down my throat on a day to day basis.

S

(Shovel)

I'm probably a predictable alt. rock person myself. Radiohead are at the top of the pile after Saturday night's euphoria, but I've spent a lot of time listen to DJ Shadow, Air and Zero 7 with the amount of work that's been on. Keep meaning to buy the new Elbow album when finances allow.
Also on the "new alt rock" front I need to plug Franz Ferdinand, they were outstanding live a few weeks back.

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

Rock/Metal for me!

Fave bands atm:
-Tool
-cky
-Rancid
-Disturbed
-System of a Down
-Flaw

I also like some rap music, usually selective songs rather than artists (Like Gangsters paridise) but I do like a couple of rap artists, mainly Run DMC.

Also, I listen to classical occasionall. Infact, I listen to most kinds of music, the only music I never listen to is garage/dance which just seems to go *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* slight pause *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* :rolleyes:

N

Nibbler

This week, I 'ave mostly bin listenin to:

Ryan Adams
The Velvet Underground
The Cooper Temple Clause (saw em yesterday *wank*)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by maxi--
i love how people think that liking one type of music, and anotehr type of music at the other end of the spectrum, makes them special! Like, they're so cultured cos they can listen to happy hardcore AND Coldplay!

Wow you certainly do good for seriously thinking you can justify your own tastes by ripping up other peoples.

I like these types of music.
Does it make me feel special? no.
Simply because i say i have an odd taste i do not jusitfy myself as special in any particular shape of form.

The way you seem to interpret peoples posts is that once anyone has refferred to something that they like, you have to instantly make a fuss out of it when there is no need.

You simply fail to see that people do not make themselves out to be special for the sole reason that they say they have an odd taste in music, i think its odd, maybe you dont, but the fact still stands that you seriously think that by flaming a persons opinion about his own music tastes will change it.

Sorry but that does not happen.

C

Clowneh!

Shush you, trying to sound all educated and that :p

X

xane

Oh, heaven forbid: I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse!

(Ooo, Ah lahk a nice tuune, 'yer forced too!)

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Sharma
Wow you certainly do good for seriously thinking you can justify your own tastes by ripping up other peoples.

I like these types of music.
Does it make me feel special? no.
Simply because i say i have an odd taste i do not jusitfy myself as special in any particular shape of form.

The way you seem to interpret peoples posts is that once anyone has refferred to something that they like, you have to instantly make a fuss out of it when there is no need.

You simply fail to see that people do not make themselves out to be special for the sole reason that they say they have an odd taste in music, i think its odd, maybe you dont, but the fact still stands that you seriously think that by flaming a persons opinion about his own music tastes will change it.

Sorry but that does not happen.

It wasn't aimed specifically at you.

And yes, i think some people *do* make themselves out to be different for the sole reason that they listen to 'alternative' music (whatever it is, be it B&S or Soundgarden).

I know it sometimes seems like i define myself by the music i listen to, but that's really only because i only post on the music forum.

Also, If you take offence, because you mis interpret what i say, thats your problem, not mine. The point i raised was a valid one, maybe it was a bit confrontational.

On a seperate note, I don't think your music taste is odd, at all.

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by xane
Oh, heaven forbid: I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse!

(Ooo, Ah lahk a nice tuune, 'yer forced too!)

its from monty python! Cheese shop sketch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom