Misc Washing machine broke down, help.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Packed the washing machine too much, it supports 8 kg. Was probably 25~ kg when it came out.
Now, it fills with water, but doesn't start spinning.

You guys recon it can be fixed in a easy/cheap way?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Have you tried kicking it ?

Also is it plugged in ?

Alternatively plug it in and then kick it

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Has it got a filter at the bottom that you can clean out, mine filled with water and wouldn't drain, it turned out there was a blockage in the filter tube. Only problem is that when you unscrew the filter, the water comes out of it to drain the drum

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Have you tried kicking it ?

Also is it plugged in ?

Alternatively plug it in and then kick it

It is plugged in. Not sure if i want to kick it, but i could try shaking it a bit.

But when it is about to spin, it clicks somewhere in the mechanism inside.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It is plugged in. Not sure if i want to kick it, but i could try shaking it a bit.

But when it is about to spin, it clicks somewhere in the mechanism inside.

The motor is more than likely knackered mate, was there a smell of burning when/after you noticed it ?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
How did clothes get clean before washing machines?
Answer: the little lady.

*runs*

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The motor is more than likely knackered mate, was there a smell of burning when/after you noticed it ?

Now that you mention it, yes.

Any chance of getting it on the insurance?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
More likely to just be motor brushes, post make and model number.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
could get it on house insurance but think about it your excess will prob be more than a new machine costs, could call a repairman out but prob be more expensive than buying a new one

So buy a new one :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I got 2 extra years out of our last one before it became uneconomical to repair. Post make and model, we'll go from there!

sayward

Resident Freddy
That's not old. Should've lasted longer than that. Mine usually last til the day after the 5yr insurance expires.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a Bosch washing machine, bought it in 2001. Not a thing wrong with it, and I've had duvets spinning in that thing.

Always buy quality.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I've had Zanussi for years but the latest is rubbish. Will definitely go for Bosch next time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have a Bosch washing machine, bought it in 2001. Not a thing wrong with it, and I've had duvets spinning in that thing.

Always buy quality.
you didnt overload it with 25kg of stuffs tho ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Tom said:

Always buy quality.

My last Bosch lasted a year but mine is used multiple times a day where you are a single fella - your stuff should last forever tbh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How do you even get 25KG in? Were you washing your rock collection?

2.5 years old it won't be worth claiming on your insurance. The excess will be too high.

As for the "always buy quality" argument; tried that, probably valid if you use it according to the instructions, but I've had several tenants in my flat who've been serial washing machine abusers; one actually got through two machines in a year. I started out with Bosch, it makes no difference, so now the fuckers get Beko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom