Was it really 5 years ago........

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
If i win the Euromillions, I shall revive it in one guise or another.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Yeah, BW was the erm, dog's bollocks and IMHO would have been a roaring success now if it was kept going. Online gaming is the norm these days to many rather than the exception.

Oh the vodka ice fountains though :D

Ono

Part of the furniture
Oh, and "Barrysworld" was mentioned by my old boss in his speech to the office at my leaving do.

This was purely due to Dysfunction being a twonk and reminding him how much time I spent with a green screen on my PC. He should talk!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ono said:
Yeah, BW was the erm, dog's bollocks and IMHO would have been a roaring success now if it was kept going. Online gaming is the norm these days to many rather than the exception.

Oh the vodka ice fountains though :D

Amen to that brother. *sigh* :( We had such great plans....

Yaka

Part of the furniture
heh yeah time has been flying. as keep on saying on irc i doo miss bw and its game servers, no matter what the game youd be playing with the same friendly peeps. be it qwdm,qwtf,q2,q3,unreal,cs and tribes. theres jolt but its not the same:mad:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wasnt the same as soon as bloody Game got involved either mind .

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The good ol' Clan databases and great low ping servers.

It was the dogsnads getting a 150 ping on a 56k on the Barrysworld Hunted TFC server.

God bless blowing that fat guy up that vent only for a sniper to be waiting on the other side.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It killed my CS playing days when BW died. Infact my online gaming days went down the pan, never got the same friendly group anywhere else.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
BW leagues were the only ones worth the effort :(

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
The last job I had where I actually enjoyed working :(

Since the end of BarrysWorld like ch3than and many others I've took a step away from online gaming. Never seems the same anymore, but I do miss the old days of joining a BarrysWorld server and everyone knowing each other.

/me leans back in chair, sighs and thinks of the old days...

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
back in the dialup days i remember using barrysworld dialup a lot because it shaved a lot off your ping if you played on bw servers (which everyone did)

gifv bw :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh, sub 120 pings on a dialup connection, no choke or loss.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Sad it was, and yet again I took a step back from any serious gamage.

Remember getting booted out of a league game because Barrys dialup was giving me 90-95 pings - and there were restrictions back then on how many LPBs/Euro ISDN players were allowed (Was a UKCCL Quake 2 league mind)

You could tell there was a very "open" community to it all : if one member of a clan was using Barrysworld, soon so were the rest of the clan, then their friends in other clans... it all spread like wildfire - I don't think members of such a large community had (or still has) such a mutual respect for eachother elsewhere.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
If there were to be a future - it's definatly with an MMO - but more like an online pub simulator where you could have a laugh, have no lag when you needed a pee (unlike some bar's i've had to take a whizz at) and generally not worry who has an aimbot (unless you are lagged in the bogs).

and if i did with the euromillions, i'd buy freddyshouse and make it blue.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can you imagine a BW MMOPRGSGFDS whatever?

Bodhi> stfu and die of aids
Random pleb> *dies*
Bodhi> ahahha +100 l337
Mod> *bans Bodhi*
Exor> lol

M

Mr^B

Tempus Fugit indeed.

/me waves to anyone who may remember him

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, would that be Mr Bungle of SHOTTEH fame?

Ono

Part of the furniture
People I remember:

GlyNNERs (or something).

There was a huge Quake 2 thread or something and the guy was a total and utter twat.

G

Deebs or Dagaffer own the domain name (or some bloke at game with lots of cash) so they could start again, its possible, but they prolly won't as it takes alot of time and energy, but it would be nice and not just for old times sake, i am certain you can make money out of it.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
:worthy:

Fond Memories.

(stares into mid distance for a minute or so)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I remember barrysworld taking over the running of the Quakeworld leagues, the old Modemers Clan War (MCW) and stuff and Bigfoot starting them going :)

Playing in 2nd div qw with the lavalouts and thinking any ping under 300 was amazing...

I miss the BW leagues - the RTCW league was cool as buggery :)

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom