Warwick

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Guys

I am off to Warwick with the gfriend at the end of the month for a long weekend.

We are going to see the Castle, but what else is there to do down there? I fancy some walking, is there any decent walks down there?

ta muchly.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I only really know about the town, not much of a walker although the area is known for beautiful contryside so I'm sure you'll find plenty of nice places to walk wherever you go.

Other than the castle there isn't much to Warwick, a high street with a few shops and some nice restaurants/pubs. While you're there you should also go to Leamington which is a slightly bigger, nicer looking (imo) Spa town so close to Warwick that it is almost adjoined. Leamington has a really nice little museum which covers local history if you're into that kind of thing.

Can't find any useful weblinks right now as I'm at work, but I'm sure you can find anything you need to know about where stuff is with google easy enough. :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I would definitely spend some time in Leamington, it's so close it's walkable and there are walks branching off of the Leamington-Warwick road - it crosses the Avon or the Leam I think.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
you could pop in to Stratford-upon-Avon, its just up the A46 and has a few thing things to do i think

eksdee

FH is my second home
Shakespeare and shit innit. I work in S-u-A, it's a drab place. The new theatre is nice, there are a couple of okay restaurants and I suppose Shakespeare's birthplace is interesting if that's your thing, otherwise it's just a pricey shithole full of toffs. :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Think the castle is cheaper if you book online in advance, it's the case with most Merlin attractions.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Tbh Kenilworth Castle is well worth a visit as well, not far from Warwick.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Tbh Kenilworth Castle is well worth a visit as well, not far from Warwick.

I was going to suggest this, how dare ye!

Nice park in Kenilworth too and plenty of good pubs too. Wherever you go around there will be pricey though so be warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom