Warriors post 30

Astral\

Fledgling Freddie
Breaking the ice here. No posts for ages.

Do warriors have trouble getting groups at 30+ when paladins are more available?
I like the blend of offence/defense but usually see war as a subclass later on.
Greataxe has its nice evade/armor/damage debuffs which would come in handy. And Sturmwind for the damage.
Will be expensive with 2h/1h/shield/armor though. :(

Guess monk would be the subjob of choice with my measly mithra hp.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Warriors have no trouble getting groups past 30.
War is a perfectly good mainjob.
varied sub options as well.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
in truth a warrior is a better main tank that a paladin until quite late in the game.

also great axe rocks!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
bit tired when i posted that.

The subs thing, a paladin and ninja tank HAS to sub war, or they cant tank, so it could get quite dull I imagine.

a war can sub several jobs ( mnk, ninja, samurai, rdm, whm ), although for the mage types to be effective you would have to be playing hume because otherwise its just not going to work ^_^. Best mage type for melees to sub is imo rdm, because of the weapon enchants, even if they do get lower mp.

Past level 41 any group that wants high xp will have a bard or a redmage for their mana refreshing abilities.

Denz

Fledgling Freddie
Warriors... Come out to play - ay!

I'm going war/mnk to 60 then war/sam to 75 meself, can't beat a huge axe :D

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Warrior mains have a distinct advantage in grouping post 30:

They can fit the role of Damage dealer or tank:

1H Axe/Sword + Shield + Defender as main tank
2H Axe/Sword/Polearm and Berserk as damage dealer.

The otehr advantage is the vast array of weapons they can use which are B rated and higher:

Sword, Axe, Dagger, Hand to Hand, Great Sword, Great Axe, Scythe, Polearm all B or greater rating means a warrior is so very very versatile.

As a 23 Warrior currently I am trying to keep Polearm, Great Axe and Sword maxxed for just such scenarios when I musta dapt for the good of the group.

A group with a paladin or ninja doesnt really have a place for an additional PLD or NIN because they would sacrifice a vital damage slot.

Warrior can fit this slot tho and if the paladin leaves the warrior can take up the tanking.

Any new warriors starting out, I would definately advise getting one each of the following weapons early on and working on skilling them all.

Sword
Axe
Great Sword
Great Axe
Polearm
Scythe

Also invest heavily in +Dex/+Acc items as your damage is alreay fine, you just need to ensure a high hit rate to generate tp fast.

As an addition I have been playing with WAR/SAM atm in Qufim and I am able to renkei EVERY pull of an IT or VT mob including when we start xp chains up to chain #4.

Denz

Fledgling Freddie
If you can't afford to skill up all those weapons at once, I'd recommend just use 2h axe and the 1h axe/shield.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Imo wars should concentrate on only three weapons.

Great Axe
1H Axe
Club.

Great Axe/1H Axe for tanking/dmg.

And club? certain types of monsters take more damage from blunt weapons, eg undead.

Restart

Fledgling Freddie
Replace Club with H2H :) War are much more adept with H2H than Clubs, and it is also blunt dmg, so does lots to undead.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
hmm hand to hand is crap for renkei at most levels (one of the reasons monks are unpopular)

also its vital that warriors level poles for pentathrust^^

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
hmm think i gonna go war/sam now dont wanna have to give up my big ass axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom