warrior protests on US servers?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
omfg they start off talking about an ingame protest then end up arguing with each other over terrorism and Americans :p wtf is wrong with this world.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Destroying New York's largest skyscrapers and burying thousands of poor innocent in piles of melting iron in an attempt to coerce or provoke = terrorism

Logging onto a video game and making your little gnome stand in front of a building = not terrorism.

If you disagree, look at those two acts I describe and tell me which terrorizes you more.

Naked gnomes all around... *shivers*

Can't sleep. Gnomes will rape me.

Can't sleep. Gnomes will rape me.

Sephiroth

Fledgling Freddie
blizzard, bans for ppl selling gold (i couldn't give a rats ass if you did, ur money, ur time, ur choice, it's still just a game for me and no you're not ruining the game for me by selling gold for real money), bans for ppl selling accounts (in gods name, what's wrong with this, except the fact that noobs can be lvl60 at beginning, still couldn't give a rats ass if a lvl60 sux, don't group with him, /ignore, problem solved) and now blizzard bans for making zergs ?????? , ugh, this is just taking a step further towards fascist gaming ?

the only real reason i can see to ban someone from a game is cheating or in very rare cases, persistent flaming, after at leas a whole bunch of unique complaints or so.. (and i wouldn't ban flamers for life tbh, they'll learn their lesson (hopefully) if they got banned for a few weeks)

Just saying, i play games since very young age since the first days of 8bit gaming, i'm 23 now, always had a good attitude in games (if ppl start flaming, i tend to use /ignore instead of /reply), and always kept in mind that games are just games, but if a company, which i payed a one time fee of 60euro's and ever since pay 12euro's per month for, if they would ban me for being in a zerg (even if it's a bloody protest zerg), even if the ban only ran one week, i would never ever play or buy a game from that company, there mmorpg's enough and if you don't like 'em just wait 2-3 years, something better always comes out, and consider all the time you just freed by banning a game company from your life ;P

often i don't have time enough cuz i play a few games on (if i can say so myself) rather high level, so go ahead ban me from WoW if i'm in some protest zerg, i'll have enough time to play my other games, and even get better at it, cuz of my practice :kissit:

EDIT :eek:h yea and you can be pretty sure, i'd make sure it would be known to the public (internet rox!) and my gaming friends and community, before u know it, they gonna have a nice form on the website with
name player u would like to ban: xxxx
period u would like him/her to be banned: xxxx
reason (not necessary) : xxxx

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sephiroth it all comes down to rules.

Banning for selling gold is there to protect the market of the game. It's a vital part of the game and if it went titties up, it would effect a lot of other aspects of the game and it's enjoyability too.

Banning(for three days, not that bad) for gathering a rally ingame and glogging the game is to protect the game stability. Ban 30 people for three days, or risk a servercrash(which is possible) and explain to ALL the players why they can't play. I'm not sure. but willing to bet you'd be one of the people screaming "ffs why can't i play?!" that a servercrash would cause.

All the players agreeed to rules, blizzard is the god of this game, no question. As i posted on the other thread, they own everything, from your character name to heaven knows what. Just read the terms of agreement and such and you'll see.

Sure, it's a game, but all games have rules and if you can't play by them, play something else(not you persnally). It's simple.

Sephiroth

Fledgling Freddie
i'm not sure if you're familiar with mmorpg's, but zergs are part of the game, whether it's for RvR zerging or for protest, it remains same shit, not worth a ban, if ppl are goin to have huge zerg fights in battlegrounds, are they gonna get banned starting from a certain amount of people ?

i hope u get my point, that this zerg banning is a joke, it didn't crash the server and zergs will always be part of mmorpg's (so will servercrashes; )

and blizzard, god in this game? i respect their rules, but some rules are just too funny to be true i guess, and let's just hope that blizzard the god won't have too many powertrips, like the one where they ban a protest zerg (which for me is powertripping, just my personal opinion though, i can completely understand that it did idd cause lagging, but face it people, when the servers will grow, these zergs will start popping up more and more, what is blizzard gonna do about that ? ban us ? ;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Sephiroth said:
i'm not sure if you're familiar with mmorpg's, but zergs are part of the game, whether it's for RvR zerging or for protest, it remains same shit, not worth a ban, if ppl are goin to have huge zerg fights in battlegrounds, are they gonna get banned starting from a certain amount of people ?

i hope u get my point, that this zerg banning is a joke, it didn't crash the server and zergs will always be part of mmorpg's (so will servercrashes; )
Your sense of logic baffles me.

How can you even think about comparing battlegrounds with amassing as many players as possible at the auction house in IF to deliberately make the servers unstable?

Your point is moot.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thanks for the corretion on the ban length Whisp. Kinda makes my point stronger :p

Zerging a castle and such is a bit different. These things are a part of the game. If blizzard said that "you can only attack a town with one group at a time", then that would be a rule that should be followed.

Now, it wasn't the gathering thatgot people banned, it was the fact that they didn't disperse after several(three?) warnings from the mods.

That's the same as going against the rules. You have to, in any place, like these boards, listen to the mods and that's something we all have grown to accept.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:
Your sense of logic baffles me.

How can you even think about comparing battlegrounds with amassing as many players as possible at the auction house in IF to deliberately make the servers unstable?

Your point is moot.

his logic makes perfect sence if u actually think about it :)

200 people in IF protesting = zerg

200 people charging a keep = zerg

200 people fighting in 1 area = zerg vs zerg

IF blizzard banned them for protesting and 2 stop the server crashing, well what if all those people were just having a huge rvr fight? do blizzard have the right 2 ban them 2 prevent a server crash? :)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
heh, this guy talking about zergs being a part of the game.. thats priceless. i take it he didnt notice when blizzard mentioned pop locks on battlegrounds to avoid zergs

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
his logic makes perfect sence if u actually think about it :)

No it doesn't, when you think about it.

Darksword said:
200 people in IF protesting = zerg

Yes its a zerg. However, the game is called World of Warcraft, not World of Demonstrations. Such a mass rally is not part of the game and IF is not specifically intended to support such a rally, ON TOP, or the regular traffic that city experiences.

Darksword said:
200 people charging a keep = zerg

Yes, I believe this is what the game is, in part, about.

Darksword said:
200 people fighting in 1 area = zerg vs zerg

Or a mass battle, again something that the game is supposed to be about.

Also, its not really a Zerg vs Zerg, its a mass battle. Zerging really only occurs when one side uses sheer numbers of overwhelm a smaller force, as the Zerg did in Starcraft. If two equally large armies are fighting, its not two zergs fighting.

Darksword said:
IF blizzard banned them for protesting and 2 stop the server crashing, well what if all those people were just having a huge rvr fight? do blizzard have the right 2 ban them 2 prevent a server crash? :)

No they don't. If, by some quirk of fate, an enemy can launch a 200 man assault on IF and a mass battle ensues, while the server might topple over, Blizzard while they could ban (as they have total control), probably wouldn't, as those people are playing the game.

There is a difference, in both intent and outcome, between staging a mass demonstration and engaging in a mass battle.

mts said:
heh, this guy talking about zergs being a part of the game.. thats priceless. i take it he didnt notice when blizzard mentioned pop locks on battlegrounds to avoid zergs

The pop locks are there to ensure that both factions in the battleground are balanced in terms of numbers, thus preventing a zerg. I don't recall what the upper limit (per side) of the battlegrounds is, but I think its high enough to support what Darksword would consider a "zerg vs zerg" fight.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The simplepoint of this is:

If mod asks you to piss off or get a ban, piss off!

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
The fact that a Mod turned up to move on the crowd does seem to show that the Demonstration did get the attention of Blizzard :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
surely they got banned because they wanted to disrupt the game and stop other people playing

where as a zerg in a BG or large area would be there to pvp or pve, not to distrupt the game for other people ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom