Warrior help?

P

painman

So far i have specced my warrior to use hammers! The idea was to make high dmg to albs! But now im not sure that hammer is the best weapon for him!

axe is quicker? , axe dmg is higher? people tell me!

swords better for defending, nice dmg!

hammer sux
thats the respond i got so far! :(

help

Whats the best weapon for a warrior?

W

Wij

Depends what you want your warrior for. My only advice is don't go sword if you plan to do any PvE. IF you can't taunt mobs because your taunt style has no to-hit bonus then you will be very unpopular :) TG and Dragon raid groups will look at you with disgust :)

Hammer is fine in RvR tbh but Axe has better anytime styles and has a more worthwhile lvl 50 style and you should get the lvl 50 style as a warrior. Sword has Rangnorak \o/

P

painman

atm it is mostley pve ofc. i am having no trouble taunting mobs! but i have alot of (-20) to my hits..

and i guess im not going to chaise the plate wearing albs to much (LOL yes i am) but still gonna use him for pling hunts and so forth..

And dueling other warriors sux atm :) (i guess this is the real issue)

:)

K

Kharok Svark

I took sword for my warrior for 2 reasons ;

1) Initialy trying him in Thidranki and 21 Sword gives me a Parry and Block reactive style as well as a 2 chain anytime

2) Sword and shield looks kinda nice :)

W

Wij

Sword is great for Thid but try using your taunt on a lvl 50+ mob and you may miss a couple of times and watch your groupmates perish :)

P

painman

1. kinda not a bg char anymore m8!!
2. not really going for the look, u know?
3. U get the same with hammer block/parry = stun/bleed

K

Kharok Svark

Originally posted by Wij
Sword is great for Thid but try using your taunt on a lvl 50+ mob and you may miss a couple of times and watch your groupmates perish :)

If I go past Thidranki I can always use the 40 respec to change to Axe for Havoc Chain :)

K

Kharok Svark

Originally posted by painman
1. kinda not a bg char anymore m8!!
2. not really going for the look, u know?
3. U get the same with hammer block/parry = stun/bleed

That kind of reply will probably not help in getting people to post on your discussion thread.

However, as above if my Warrior gets to 50 hea will probably be specced Axe for the Havoc / Tyr's Fury styles, which as they are a front attack chain, may also help you in duelling.

P

painman

Originally posted by Kharok Svark
If I go past Thidranki I can always use the 40 respec to change to Axe for Havoc Chain :)

IF u go past ??

dont meen to be rood m8. sry

O

old.Trine Aquavit

For levelling, I would go hammer as it has the best taunt style and higher level reactives off block.

The level 50 hammer style is not good, though, so you're probably better off going Axe for Havoc->Tyrs combo. The level 50 sword style Ragnorok is almost worth speccing sword for, but probably not quite as good.

For classes that don't spec weapon all the way to 50 I would go hammer/axe, but for warrior I would say axe/sword.

K

Kharok Svark

Originally posted by painman
IF u go past ??

dont meen to be rood m8. sry

Since the /level 20 command has come along I have made 4 Thidranki Alts.

Healer (Mend/Pac)
Spiritmaster (Suppression)
Warrior (Sword/Shield)
Hunter (Gimped)

Depending on the one I have most fun with in Thidranki (As I have seen them PvE 20-24) I will then level them up to 50.

So far the odds are it will be the Healer or the Warrior.

S

Shabs

My warrior is 50 Hammer, I would never change :D

Conquer (The rear positional style) is so nice, with its snare and all. Then Sledgehammer (The follow up) High Damage, and High Attack Bonus.

I use these styles alot, tend to be chasing people mostly, or its not too hard to postion yourself :)

With Conquer, theres no need for me to get Prevent Flight, the RA to :)

Well, thats just some of the reasons i'm happy with my hammer, sometimes wish they were as big as when Trolls use them though. As im a Kobold, it could look rather cool :p

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by Wij

That's why you should spec in shield and get some nice Guard ability, as it keeps them alive. Get a savage to hit the mob, you guard the savage, and if necessary let a healer do his/her job!

I specced sword. And in PvE situations I quite like Ragnorak! :cool:

I didn't go with axe in the end as I believe it uses more endurance than I would like... I'm no expert though. I can't say that Hammer and Axe are bad... but what I do know is that a 50sword / 50shield / 28parry specced warrior has access to some nice block combos and some nice parry combos. Perfect in my book.

And Kharok, what do you know about warriors?... you zerker gimp! ;) :flame:

W

Wij

Originally posted by si1verwolf
That's why you should spec in shield and get some nice Guard ability, as it keeps them alive. Get a savage to hit the mob, you guard the savage, and if necessary let a healer do his/her job!

And if you have no savage ? :)

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by Wij
And if you have no savage ? :)

Well, zerkers are too gimped to help you now! :touch: ... or what about a skald?...

Basically I meant that warriors aren't really damage dealers, so it would be hard to keep aggro anyway. However, in complete contradiction to myself, both Borgdur and I went through TG with 2 or 3 good groups a while back, and the very basic taunt style seemed to do just fine for me. Both of us had guard on each other.... worked very well... guess the same would apply for thanes as well...

P

painman

thx for good advice all :)

for now ill stick with hammer.

Z

zapzap

Using havoc combo as axe warrior nice but plauge as anytime time , side style after slam and from behind both sword and hammer better i think.
Not often u get time to do chain styles as warrior and special not front in rvr u be after runing sorz and clerics so hammer with snare is nice or ragnarok with sword .

but all up to how u play and what u like really :)

Zapsi

M

Melachi-

What ive gathered from playing my own warrior and from reading posts is:

Sword: Best for RvR because of slow 2hander speeds and a great lvl 50 style Ragnarok, however personally i find its terrible for PvE, no to-hit on the taunt and Polar Rift eats end.

Axe: This is an inbetween, its good for both PvE and RvR but not great in either area.

Hammer: By far the best for PvE, since it has much lower end usage than other weapon types, also very handy for farming in DF as alot of mobs are weak to crush there, has nice positionals for RvR so its quite good, but the real drawback is its Crush damage and Alb clerics will be resistant against it, also Druids and Wardens, but bards will be juicy :x

Im currently Sword spec with my warrior but im thinking of going Hammer, because its much handier for farming in DF and PvE generally, and also because my troll looks like a right muppet doing those spins :)

R

rionnen

troll spins own.. also hammer is good vs paladins / armsmen ^^ however, with ragnarok i can take 1/2 to 3/4 hp off a caster np's, depends on wat u want really

Rionnen <Maelstrom> - 50 Warrior

D

DaggerElivager

I have a lvl35 kobbi warr that is shield/hammer and it seems gr8 for pve.

I was thinking of respec'ing to sword for rvr but not really sure at this stage.

The thing that worries me about sword is the pve part. I have runie and sb for rvr and so i think maybe axe is a better all round spec

K

Kharok Svark

Originally posted by kalgarn
/rude
;)

Chill Guys, that was aimed at me, hi is a real life frie ... <Cough> ... Associate :-P

M

Makwaerk

GO hammer imo the snare on teh backstyle is so danm nice, and you can use the lvl 15 taunt as anytime.

Sword do have more dmg on the backstyle and a good anytime (bit high on end but hopefully you got end regen), but I would prefer the snare to the extra dmg as a warrior

axe suck for RvR imo the front style combo seems to me to have limited use in RvR as you are using the better part of teh fight hitting healer's and caster's that mostly will try to run away from you, if you stand toe to toe wiht another tank you are doing something wrong imo, great for PvE solo tho

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by Kharok Svark
Chill Guys, that was aimed at me, hi is a real life frie ... <Cough> ... Associate :-P

It's alright matey, I have a shield to hide behind when the aggro starts! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom