Warning.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Earlier this afternoon I asked someone to help me transfer some gold between characters. A level 50 from Danish Huscarls (Smazher) offered and as he was level 50 and from a respectable guild I took him up on his offer. I logged onto my alt and messaged him saying hi, its me etc and he said hello. He then went ld (or fake ld/turn pc off etc) Oh well, I thought. I'll wait here for a few mins. For 2 hours I waited at the spot, obviously quite fucked off as this 1.5plat was my entire DAOC fortune. During these 2 hours I messaged lots of members of DH, asking if they knew him well, was I silly to trust him, have I been scammed etc. Out of 8 members only 2 bothered to reply, and told me DH never accepted scammers and if he didn't have a good reason for ld'ing he'd be in trouble. So I stayed online incase he logged back in and sure enough, 6 hours later he logged back in. I messaged him and asked where he went, and 20 seconds later he was no longer ingame. I doubt will ever see that money again, which was all the gold I have ingame but unless he returns it next time he logs in I will report him to GOA in the hope something will be done, and I know its my fault for trusting him, but hopefully this will make people realize just how greedy he is and ruin his DAOC reputation.

So if you need help with a transfer, don't ask Smazher, and always think twice. Just because they are level 50 and guilded in an old guild it doesn't mean they are nice people.

(By the way this isn't a swipe at Danish Huscarls, one of there members was nice and promised to sort it out for me.)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Can't imagine smazher doing this on purpose... I never had any troubles with him... but then again, you never really know someone online......

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Just came back online, /who smazher - he is on. Message him ... no reply ... /who smazher - gone anon, well keep messaging....he is ignoring me although my messages are going through. He is definately ingame, and he has moved from Aegir to Uppland so clearly isn't afk.

What can I do? :(

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Try to find out who his Guild GM is if you havent already and make sure everyone knows that he is a scamming, theiving PoS.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I told Danish Huscarl GM, and Smazher is denying it. Some complete ***** in this game honestly.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Do you keep logs on? Could send a log of the logs to the GM or post them here.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
No I don't keep logs, and I never took screenshots. Logs can be faked anyway. Hopefully goa have record of it, I mean they must be logging all conversation or something incase people speak about Radars etc?

He is finally speaking to me....but only in Danish which I don't understand. He ignores my request for him to speak English.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
GoA keep logs of most things, when i accidently destroyed a hammer I had to get my logs checked to make sure i wasnt just after a free hammer, so contacting GoA for some logs could be your answer.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
If you want a translater i can translate what he says in danish :) ... And that really is just so evil of him, i'd really just try to ruin his reputation with the very best effort if i were you. And make your friends do the same, as they will at least believe you. Iam sad to hear this

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Mobius said:
I will report him to GOA in the hope something will be done

once you press that 'accept' button in the trade window the trade is final, a binding deal, and theres nothing you can do. sadly. :mad:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I managed to get it back, thanks to Naudia, Danish Huscarl's guildmaster. Apparently it was a friend of his who played, and stole the money from me. I don't know if he is telling the truth or not, sounds a bit dodgy to me but I got the cash back, so he made no gain from it except looking a prat. Thanks again to DH officers for the help.

arawem

Loyal Freddie
With friends like that who needs enemys? It can be truth or not, i would give the guy a chance, but that "friend" have killed smazher reputation forever :rolleyes:

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Danish Huscarls....ah the stories we could all tell I am sure, great old guild, sadly a shadow of it's former self and doing nothing to regain it's reputation.

That's a terrible thing to happen mate, will gladly lob you 200g or so to help out, no strings. PM one of the chars below in game.

Regards

Azo

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
DH went through some rough times, as all guilds do (including Fed too) at some point. I don't think its fair to call them a shadow of their former selves - they remain a very active guild in Mid.

Indirectly got involved in the tail end of this incident when it was posted on alliance channel, but its calmed down now.

Moby, glad you got your virtual money back, but I don't think it would have been a problem with the DH GMs anyway getting it sorted out.

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
For me they are a former shadow of what they were.

Many of them are rude to me, and rude in general. They talk danish often even though they are told not to, and some of the names they got on their chars annoys me.

I would never have trusted anyone from DH sadly, so wouldnt have happend to me :)

Darkseed

Fledgling Freddie
When I hear this kind of things it remembers me of the old Saaug. Maybe Smazher really is Saaug???
Oh fear, leeching solo in malmo when 2 fg pulled and kept spamming LFG LFG LFG...those were the times.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Glyph said:
For me they are a former shadow of what they were.

Many of them are rude to me, and rude in general. They talk danish often even though they are told not to, and some of the names they got on their chars annoys me.

I would never have trusted anyone from DH sadly, so wouldnt have happend to me :)

i see dutch people talking dutch often.... swedes talking swedish often.... why exactly were they told to stop talking danish?

oh and just fyi i dont think ive ever trusted anyone from BO either :p

and no im not in DH i just dont think ANYONE in BO has the right to complain that someone from another guild was rude to them :p

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
well he got his money back.. so I actully think more of DH now, but I guess I am abit unfair, had a run in with a GM from them when I was in SC, it was one of those times you are amazed how big a asshole some ppl can be. But one should not blame a entire guild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom