[Warning]Just got a mail.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
with head line Your internet access is going to get suspended, with an attached zip file after looking at google it been linked to some trojans and crap. So if you get a mail with similar name delete it and run anti-virus. :)

zip file was named user-EA49943X-activities.zip

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
if you are daft enough to open an attachment in an email from someone you dont know- you deserve all the virus available on the internet

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
why should you run the virus after you deleted the mail?

thats just stupid, it will be gone if you have deleted it, if you want to run it, make sure to click the attachment before you remove the mail

Soazak

Part of the furniture
if you are daft enough to open an attachment in an email from someone you dont know- you deserve all the virus available on the internet

Gooooood afternoon sir my name is George I'm calling from British gas, it seems we have overcharged you a substantial amount of monies and we want to pay you the monies back, but in order to do this we need to obtain your bank account details so that we can pay the money directly into your bank account!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
why should you run the virus after you deleted the mail?

thats just stupid, it will be gone if you have deleted it, if you want to run it, make sure to click the attachment before you remove the mail
Well i know some people can sloppy point and click where you should not. I know one (my dad who has a tendency to manage to click where not too when he shall delete a mail :) ) So better safe than sorry right?

And reading up on this zip on goolge there seems to be atleast some opens it, alot of people just dont realize whats wrong with mails like this. If it was adressed from my provider i might have belived it, but i would have called them up first via my support number.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
ok, you missed it once again

its not the virus you should run, its the anti-virus

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
ok, you missed it once again

its not the virus you should run, its the anti-virus
Bah ok missed a word there :p

with head line Your internet access is going to get suspended, with an attached zip file after looking at google it been linked to some trojans and crap. So if you get a mail with similar name delete it and run anti-virus. :)

zip file was named user-EA49943X-activities.zip

MephTheLaw

Fledgling Freddie
It's a zip anyone, you would have to extract it and run something like an .exe or .scr file.

but have you still got the zip?

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
Gooooood afternoon sir my name is George I'm calling from British gas, it seems we have overcharged you a substantial amount of monies and we want to pay you the monies back, but in order to do this we need to obtain your bank account details so that we can pay the money directly into your bank account!

:D I miss Phonejaker. I hope they do an new series soon.

Belsameth

Tainted
It's a basic trojan. Nothing special.

A word of warning. Don't put too much faith in a virus scanner. More often then not, once you open a trojan your AV instantly becomes more worthless then it already is. :)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
new phonejacker series is on e4 at the moment (think its wednesdays at 10) not as funny as the first one tbh and I think they replaced the mouse with some form of hair lice type creature :(

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I almost got this mail during the weekend, but it got stopped by my ISP webmail firewall as it contained that trojan.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
The fact that the e-mail was loaded with spelling mistakes and a severe lack of punctuation and capitalisation gave it away before I even looked at AVG :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom