Warning beeps. 4 of them.

B

blademistress

Hello everyone, im having a huge problem.. The case is that i've been having problem with booting my comp, it gives 4 'long' warning beeps in the beginning. So i bought a new m/b.. same thing.. bought a new CPU today... same thing..(i know it aint the RAM thats the problem, since i've been using them on my brothers comp in the meanwhile).. So what i want to know is, what does these 4 beeps mean, the M/B is of Soyo; SY-K7VTA Pro..

So, if anyone got any solution to this.. please answer, any answer is greatly appreciated.

D

Deadmanwalking

It could still be your ram.. unlikely but it may have a prob with the mobo etc etc.

You tried resetting the cmos?

B

blademistress

Yeah.. tested everything there is to test.. on Soyo's homepage, it says four beeps is impossible to get from my supposed BIOS... =(

D

Deadmanwalking

hmmm u tried it all with ur bros stuff? Ie HDD, Mobo, cpu etc etc

B

blademistress

I had my gfx card, RAM and HDD in my bro's comp.. everything worked.. the other things are newly bought... so... soon im giving up.. though i've spent $500 on trying to repair it.. no progess still :/

B

blademistress

But i know both my RAM and gfx card works.. have tested them on my brothers comp..

S

(Shovel)

Which motherboard have you got? IF it's Award BIOS then we might be able to get something more specific.

One thing: In my only experience of such problems.. try booting with only one stick of RAM? Then, try with that one stick of RAM in each different memory slot. If it boots in one and not another it is a RAM problem, but on the motherboard.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by blademistress
But i know both my RAM and gfx card works.. have tested them on my brothers comp..

RU sure that you used enough force when inserting the RAM, I used to have a mobo that required considerable force on the middle of the RAM stick.

S

smurkin

I'm with shovel...RAM can be fickle and intermittant..some RAMs dont work with one board but are ok on another...try it with no ram at all....see if it beeps like before (obviously it wont boot)....if the pattern doesnt change....suspect your graphics card (I know you checked it)

also...are the fans starting up ? and did you exclude your psu ?

Users who are viewing this thread