Warlock!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
So am lvling a warlock for PvE (farmbot) but i was thinking that when the WL nerf comes if it's gonna be still "as good" for farming as it was before ? or should i reroll SM ?

and what viable specc there is for farming osv.

/bhusta rhymes

Medigophler

Loyal Freddie
My wl is 50 hex 20 wc, and i am able to farm red/purp cons with it. I experience a lot of resists tho, and have had a mob resist 14 spells before dying. I fear the nerf of the ui (which have often saved me) will make the wl a lot less usefull in PvE, as well as rvr. Imo roll a sm ... :cheers:

Or wait untill the fucktard developers of this game comes up with another of their bright ideas. :puke:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Medigophler said:
Or wait untill the fucktard developers of this game comes up with another of their bright ideas. :puke:

what can they possibly figure out that could be worse then a warlock? :p

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
imo make a sum sm if you wanna deal with really heavy mobs solo OR a supp if you plan to deal with 3-4 orange/red mobs at the same time.

Herjulf

Banned
The whole "thing" with warlocks, fast explosive but short survivability.
has become

Mediocre with low survivability both in PvE and PvP.

Not only will you run out of power in 4 nukes, you will also do 40-35% less damage and nuke with 1 more second apart.
Tests done on pendragon shows that 35% lower damage is infact, 42-43% less damage.

Also chambers have 1 more second apart to be fired, i have ran some testing and tbh it will be a good idea to load the first chamber with DD+DoT.
As chances are gr8 that target will go out of LoS.

But overall, warlock is a broken class. atm.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
So SM it is then! :(
(so much for testing a new class T.t)

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
warlocks only get nerfed with UI spell, so powerless still works with same dmg.. and chambers, but SM has intercept pet and faster castingspeed :p and more delve dmg on pbaoe ^^
then again.. warlocks has pom 20 :>:>

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
The whole "thing" with warlocks, fast explosive but short survivability.
has become

Mediocre with low survivability both in PvE and PvP.

Not only will you run out of power in 4 nukes, you will also do 40-35% less damage and nuke with 1 more second apart.
Tests done on pendragon shows that 35% lower damage is infact, 42-43% less damage.

Also chambers have 1 more second apart to be fired, i have ran some testing and tbh it will be a good idea to load the first chamber with DD+DoT.
As chances are gr8 that target will go out of LoS.

But overall, warlock is a broken class. atm.

I'm sure you mean broken as in overpowered or? cos they sure as hell aint crap :)

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
I'm sure you mean broken as in overpowered or? cos they sure as hell aint crap :)

probably broken as wierd class that insta kills one then has no chance to kill another one o_O
lol

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Broken is a term I learnt when playing Magic-The gathering, and it basically means too good to be in the game, as in design error, along those lines. And that pretty much applies to warlocks.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Ctuchik said:
what can they possibly figure out that could be worse then a warlock? :p

unless its called you-just-won-daoc i dont think it can be made :D

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Broken is a term I learnt when playing Magic-The gathering, and it basically means too good to be in the game, as in design error, along those lines. And that pretty much applies to warlocks.

ok, just the top part of his post made me think otherwise :)

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
vamps are pretty close to warlocks on the OPiness list o_O

Herjulf

Banned
Emmet said:
warlocks only get nerfed with UI spell, so powerless still works with same dmg.. and chambers, but SM has intercept pet and faster castingspeed :p and more delve dmg on pbaoe ^^
then again.. warlocks has pom 20 :>:>

1sec longer casttime on UI, 40% dmg reduction.
1sec longer chamber recast.

7-10% undocumented dmg reduction.

And warlock have nothing i repeat nothing else to defend itself with, unless counting 4second (capped at 4sec) ordinary spells that even a monkey could interupt.

And come on are u so retarded that you actually thinks that powerless is something that could be used offensively in any valid way?
unless camping a doorway in a keep.

Get a grip ffs.

Herjulf

Banned
Leel said:

Broken as in not working, mechanics of the class as it is leaves it without the tools to compete in equal terms. have always been the term in daoc.
Shadowblades, Thanes and some hib classes and paladin have been put in this folder at many occurances.

Check out the current warlock state on the US servers, it kinda speaks for itself.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
I've got nothing new to add to this, only that WL's still might be cool to PL another char doing yellow/orange mobs. Bolt + DoT, DD+Lifetap then release 1 - 2 chambers as needed, you'll still be fine doing that.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
1sec longer casttime on UI, 40% dmg reduction.
1sec longer chamber recast.

7-10% undocumented dmg reduction.

And warlock have nothing i repeat nothing else to defend itself with, unless counting 4second (capped at 4sec) ordinary spells that even a monkey could interupt.

And come on are u so retarded that you actually thinks that powerless is something that could be used offensively in any valid way?
unless camping a doorway in a keep.

Get a grip ffs.

you, shut the fuck up.. are you saying warlocks dont use powerless?! because they do, and if you dont think so.. your the retarded one

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Broken as in not working, mechanics of the class as it is leaves it without the tools to compete in equal terms. have always been the term in daoc.
Shadowblades, Thanes and some hib classes and paladin have been put in this folder at many occurances.

Check out the current warlock state on the US servers, it kinda speaks for itself.

let me guess.. you play hib..?
and who cares about US servers? this is EU...

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
let me guess.. you play hib..?
and who cares about US servers? this is EU...
Hmm are you stupid??
If you can’t use the info we get from the US you are really stupid. What happens in the US WILL happen in EU at some point. Is the info we get from over there relevant in this discussion?? Y E S.
Do WLs use powerless? In grp RvR - yes I use it a lot. Solo - VERY rarely and only if Im at a "safe spot" or if I’m healing myself after a fight.

I have had a lot of fun with my WL and I'm sure there will be a lot of good times with it in the future. Even after the nerf ;)

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Hmm are you stupid??
If you can’t use the info we get from the US you are really stupid. What happens in the US WILL happen in EU at some point. Is the info we get from over there relevant in this discussion?? Y E S.
Do WLs use powerless? In grp RvR - yes I use it a lot. Solo - VERY rarely and only if Im at a "safe spot" or if I’m healing myself after a fight.

I have had a lot of fun with my WL and I'm sure there will be a lot of good times with it in the future. Even after the nerf ;)

sure.. info about patches etc... nothing else imo, and ofc we dont use powerless as solo unless we leech, which i dont.. and i apologize once again to the SB i leeched by mistake from yesterday, there was a stealther thingy, so i thought he got uncovered :<
and.. he is going to use his warlock for pve, thats what this thread is about.. thats why i said they have powerless and that that dmg doesnt get nerfed :p
i get misunderstood alot.. am i so bad at english? :(

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
fanboi said:
someone touched a soft spot?

more WL's posting here please

??
ppl shouldnt start whining about warlocks and say they know more about them than ppl actually playing them.. and this is a thread about someone wanting to make a pve char for farm/PL afaik..

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
sure.. info about patches etc... nothing else imo, and ofc we dont use powerless as solo unless we leech, which i dont
The effect of patches is kinda useful info too.

Emmet said:
and.. he is going to use his warlock for pve, thats what this thread is about.. thats why i said they have powerless and that that dmg doesnt get nerfed :p
i get misunderstood alot.. am i so bad at english? :(
Naa, the thread was just twisted a bit into "Is the class worthless in RvR". You make perfect sense. I was just going along with the RvR WL thing.

I don't want to write off the WL just yet, but as Herjulf say it seems like they “killed” the class with the last nerf. It won’t be able to do what it’s been designed to do. Kill weak targets fast and then be very vulnerable. I think many of the solo WLs with go from solo WLs to bombing WLs in grps. Guess we will see :)
Anyways, I have used my WL a LOT in PvE and when it comes to PvE the nerf will probably hit hard. The ability to BOMB a bunch of mobs when a fight gets out of control is nerfed big time. The powerless nerf will hit hard too in PvE.
In RvR I think the bomb grps will still be a lot of fun and very powerful.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
The powerless nerf will hit hard too in PvE.
In RvR I think the bomb grps will still be a lot of fun and very powerful.

powerless nerf? :eek7:

UIs will cost less power, so you will be able to do more UIs, but with less dmg :mad:

after this nerf, they should remove UI cast and put moc with baseline nuke affected by dex etc to warlocks.. or make LT cast and get moc with that, will be kind of like a SM without pet, and no mezz.. but 2-3 chambers instead.. lol, now that im thinking of it. that would be insane o_O

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
and this is a thread about someone wanting to make a pve char for farm/PL afaik..
In a PvE grp I would say that:
2 SMs + 1 WL >> 3 SMs
2 SMs + 1 WL >> 1 SM + 2 WLs
3 SMs >> 3 WLs

Ofc a high rr WL can replace a low rr SM any day :)
1 WL instead of 1 SM in a PvE PBAE grp (2 SMs + 1 WL) will make you able to do high risk pulls and get away with it.

UPDATE:
Emmet said:
powerless nerf? :eek7:

UIs will cost less power, so you will be able to do more UIs, but with less dmg :mad:
My bad. I mixed up the UI with PL. :rolleyes:

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
In a PvE grp I would say that:
2 SMs + 1 WL >> 3 SMs
2 SMs + 1 WL >> 1 SM + 2 WLs
3 SMs >> 3 WLs

Ofc a high rr WL can replace a low rr SM any day :)
1 WL instead of 1 SM in a PvE PBAE grp (2 SMs + 1 WL) will make you able to do high risk pulls and get away with it.

UPDATE:
My bad. I mixed up the UI with PL. :rolleyes:

you mean like warlock with SH chambers and powerless pbaoe? :>
i should get aug dex 3 or 4 with my warlock and use powerless alot in rvr o_O lol no, but a warlock for pve should get decent RR and get aug dex and mom or something, that would be nice dmg and fast powerless cast.. really slow cattime as it is now :(

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
you mean like warlock with SH chambers and powerless pbaoe? :>
i should get aug dex 3 or 4 with my warlock and use powerless alot in rvr o_O lol no, but a warlock for pve should get decent RR and get aug dex and mom or something, that would be nice dmg and fast powerless cast.. really slow cattime as it is now :(
At least 1 heal in the chamber and bomb the mobs. When I’m in ML7 with my WL I usually use 1 PL and then all the UI PBAEs I have + 1 PBAE chamber. When we are done I RL the chamber and wait for the next bunch of mobs. I’m on 100% pow when the mobs are rdy to be slain (We have FoP ofc.).

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
At least 1 heal in the chamber and bomb the mobs. When I’m in ML7 with my WL I usually use 1 PL and then all the UI PBAEs I have + 1 PBAE chamber. When we are done I RL the chamber and wait for the next bunch of mobs. I’m on 100% pow when the mobs are rdy to be slain (We have FoP ofc.).

ok ;) i cant duo log anymore.. so i farm solo :p but i can chain cyclops in green glades, red mobs :> and rest for like 1 min, then have full power due to pom 20 :p

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
I'm with a bunch of friends when I do this :) 2/3 SMs and 1/2 WLs + healer, a few BBs and a shield tank and if we are lucky a PBT RM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom