Warhammer

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Razemouze, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Razemouze

Razemouze Fledgling Freddie

Same crappy cartoon gfx as WoW. Thought it would be something similar to daoc, but no ;/

WAR Screenies

2. DocWolfe

DocWolfe Part of the furniture

you been living in a box...? the models are based on the actual tabletop game warhammer, so what did you expect? and tbh the screenies dont look THAT cartoonie. I think the lighting is the problem... its probably not finished yet.

3. Garok

Garok Can't get enough of FH

Exactly....

Still supprised that people think Warhammers gonna be some cut and paste DAOC 2.

4. Ashala

Ashala One of Freddy's beloved

if your not gonna play it why whine about it ? and if you are, stop whining...

i know im gonna try it out atleast!

5. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

QFT

its WORK IN PROGRESS jesus. at least wait till its out , or in beta, before you start being rude about it. and have you even looked at the models that were in the DAOC beta ?

get a clue

6. Congax

Congax Fledgling Freddie

You might've quoted the wrong dude.

7. Mabs

.... -> Q F T :p

8. Congax

Congax Fledgling Freddie

Which means..? :<

9. Svartmetall

Svartmetall Great Unclean One

Because many people are too busy talking to actually listen to anything.

10. Svartmetall

Svartmetall Great Unclean One

Quoted For Truth or Quite Fucking True, depending on who you believe.

11. Razemouze

It wasnt a whine - i just felt i needed to post my dislike of the graphics.

12. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 One of Freddy's beloved

I gotta say the same thing as the others , you been living in a box? This isn't even close to the gfx of WoW.

check the wow vids and theese screenshots and say how you even think the gfx is the same.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/screenshotindex.aspx

13. Razemouze

No i havnt been living in a box.

Didnt realise how upset ppl would get about my thread. I mean, jesus. It's like i've insulted your mothers.

I still think the graphics is alot like WOW, and thats my oppinion.

14. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 One of Freddy's beloved

the thing is you don't come with a valid argument, it is'nt bright and shiny in the gfx like wow tbh, the gfx isn't cute and cartoon looking like wow, so what is the reason why you think it looks like wow?

15. Ashala

the problem is Razemouze, some people seems to think that Warhammeronline is gonna be a WoW2 or they have stolen some of the ideas from WoW, which they might have....who knows.......only the programmers know

ANYWAYS the reason why some people get upset is that there has been so many clueless posts about people whining about Warhammer with no fact what so ever....just whining and relating it to WoW

16. Mabs

sorry raze, didnt mean to bite your head off :)

just getting fed up of people asking crass questions about WAR. particularly in relation to WOW and the ripping off of IP.

and before someone starts, the original warhammer stuff was written 25+ years ago, so WOW ripped them off, not vice versa :p

and also tbh , look at the screenshots, they look similair to wow but they are far more detailed, and somewhat darker. the WOW dwarves are typical small fat drunk people, the WAR ones are much more of the "look at me funny and ill chops your legs off at the knee" bent :p

17. Ashala

so your saying that dwarfs in Warhammer online dosent drink ?, if i were a dwarf i would have been offended and probably chopped your legs off at the knee :p

18. Razemouze

No harm done here!

Before today i didnt know anything about WAR and was surprised to see those screenies. I personally thought it would be more like DAoC.

Over and out!

19. Ara

Ara Fledgling Freddie

Yes, because screenshots say everything !

20. Razemouze

No they dont. Thats not what i said.

Now bugger off!

21. Ryuno

Ryuno Fledgling Freddie

Heres some nice images comparing the 2. WAR is quite obviously more detailed, and much more darker looking, compared to the flouresent (sp?) colors of the WoW models.

http://miberwar.blogspot.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are closer to DAOC than they are WoW!