Warhammer with and without lighting.

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
It's beginning to look REALLY impressive, I think theres a video example of the new lighting but I can't remember where I saw it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So good for all the naysayers of 5-6 months ago crying that it looked shit ^^

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I have to be honest I did think previously that the Dwarfven city did look lifeless and without character in all the shots I had seen previously. It just reminded me of a 3d isometric view of one of the ultima games or just tooo close to Trails of Atlantis (Shudder ...)

The lighting makes a hugggeee difference.

If you next/previous (at the top of the screenshot page) you can see some other shots.

Artisically the game sits between DAOC and WoW.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Artisically the game sits between DAOC and WoW.

Imo WAR's gfx are alot more detailed than DAoC, and loads more appealing than WoW Play-Doh :clap:

Wish I had that link around that compares WoW vs WAR orc.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
As always, we'll all have to wait for the final release before anything definate caan be said about the graphs... Still I'm curious as heck though what it'll all look like in definate form :)

Raazaar

Fledgling Freddie
I have to be honest I did think previously that the Dwarfven city did look lifeless and without character in all the shots I had seen previously. It just reminded me of a 3d isometric view of one of the ultima games or just tooo close to Trails of Atlantis (Shudder ...)

The lighting makes a hugggeee difference.

Yeah, while I've always thought that the models and textures in WAR were excellent, I always felt as though something was missing from them. Now I know what that was! :clap:

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
So good for all the naysayers of 5-6 months ago crying that it looked shit ^^

Wish you could have seen the look on my friends face who, until he saw the new lighting, was adamant that WAR had somehow "copied" WoWs graphical style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom