bit of wow, dungeon siege, and daoc in it.. perfect

Attachments

• war-rvr-ui-breakdown-2.jpg
    war-rvr-ui-breakdown-2.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,387

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ah, they moved the group around.

I'm hoping we'll be able to move the various bits around to fit our tastes.

Oh, and click-casting. God I wish some form of click-casting is possible. It made being a caster in WoW so much more pleasant.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Whenever i see that casting bar i get cold shivers along my spine...... :puke:

is just so ..... ¿wow'ish?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Whenever i see that casting bar i get cold shivers along my spine...... :puke:

is just so ..... ¿wow'ish?
How would you make it then?

It's a casting bar - sure, there are ways to make it look less like the one in WoW - so let's hear some suggestions?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
How would you make it then?

It's a casting bar - sure, there are ways to make it look less like the one in WoW - so let's hear some suggestions?

I was pointing out at wow issues like casting while moving, interrupts which are not interrupts, etc...
Besides i liked w/o no casting bar like in daoc.
And yet besides, the fact that i dont like it that way doesnt mean that i should make any suggestions

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I was pointing out at wow issues like casting while moving, interrupts which are not interrupts, etc...
Besides i liked w/o no casting bar like in daoc.
And yet besides, the fact that i dont like it that way doesnt mean that i should make any suggestions

u can cast while moving in DAoC to. never seen u complain about that :)

and the interrupts in WoW > DAoC by miles. means the caster stand a fucking chance when up close and personal with melee.

its the way it will be for now on so suck it up :p

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
u can cast while moving in DAoC to. never seen u complain about that :)

No u can´t. Except for instas (obvisouly), buffs n resists, n god knows which else shiit from new classes (havent player mauler or valkyre).

Unless they changed the mechanics of the game in the past 2 years ofc.....

and the interrupts in WoW > DAoC by miles. means the caster stand a fucking chance when up close and personal with melee.

its the way it will be for now on so suck it up :p

That would sound great yes, but in reality, when u are casting something in wow, unless its a creep hitting u, u are not going to finish casting that spell. Go tell that happy wizard who is being hit by a rogue that wow interrupts benefits him.....

Anyways, think i´ve read sumwhere that u cant cast while moving in war. And that they aim not to turn the game into a "cooldown_abilities" fest... hopefully.
Oh, and WAR collision detection mechanics benefits casters a lot, so i cant see why current DAOC interrupts would be bad. We might seen some interesting tactics here.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Last time I checked, the collision detection was far to unnoticable to really matter all that much.

I hope they beef it up a bit.

Yes, well i should have added, the planned collision detection mechanics. Not having the pleasure of beta testing the game myself i can only but guess it would benefit casters (assuming a biased DAOC playstyle standard ;) )

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
looks a bit cluttered and too colourful

they should adopt the KISS methodology - keep it simple stupid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom