Warhammer site password

Tali

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

I've finally been able to get on to the site to create an account and it looks like I already have one (I thought I did!). I believe this as my usual user name is take and my usual nick name is taken. I suppose it's perfectly possible for both to have already been taken but find it to be unusual.

Is there any way to retrieve my Warhammer web site/beta account password?

Thanks, Tali.

trollo

Fledgling Freddie
Password retrievement

I have registered my beta account, and finally i got confirmationmail, and the link in the mail even worked nicely.

Now i cant log on to the patcher, since it wont recognise my password. Im quite sure about my password, but.. maybe my hand has been missplaced on the keyboard or... well... I could very much use the same feature as you. A forgotten password retrieval option (why else we we supposed to put in security questions?).

The feedback from the patcher, when entering wrong info, is to contact a servicerep.. but there doesnt seem to be a way to do that atm.

Any ideas?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
there was a password reminder but it went down with the account center earlier in the week.

I'm assuming it'll make a reappearance soon.

Till then - to help you try and remember your password would have had at least 8 characters in it, two lowercase, two uppercase and two numbers.

e.g. abcdEF12

Failing that, if you register a new email address somewhere free (might be best to try something other than hotmail) you can register with that.

trollo

Fledgling Freddie
I definately failed on the 2 capital letters, though it let me through anyway.

I was annoyed enough about the 2 digits. Why is it someone has to make strong passwords stronger? Its getting impossible to remember those things. I already have a strong password that I use for games. Now because Mythic wants to be safer than for example my bank, they want an extra digit, and an obviously also an extra capital letter. This means, I must make a new strong(er) password to add to my password collection. Now i have to write it down, because its too hard to remember... which again completely destroys security.

I bet most password problems in MMORPGs is when players share their passwords. And strong passwords wont do anything to help that.

(Sorry for "changing" subject... i couldnt help it :flame:

BTW. Thanks for the reply. I have registered with a new email, and awaiting a new confirmationmail :)

Tali

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't realise about the caps thing. I don't really want to create another account, I hate being messy like that. I'll wait another day or so to see if the password thingy comes back and create one then if I need to. Thanks for the hint though :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Till then - to help you try and remember your password would have had at least 8 characters in it, two lowercase, two uppercase and two numbers.

e.g. abcdEF12

ehh? no

the only requierments on the password was to have atleast 2 numbers in it and atleast 8 charachters

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
when i signed up it definitely required two uppercase characters

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Latest news on war-europe says password recovery is back on-line again.

We are glad to announce that it is once again possible to log in with your account at war-europe, as well as retrieve lost passwords.

Please note; in order to limit the amount of traffic on our web servers during the critical days around head start and live launch, these functions will not be available on September 14th, 15th and 18th, so make sure you are prepared in beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom