Warhammer PvP Video!! - How crap!

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Blizard, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Blizard

Blizard One of Freddy's beloved

Totally narked with the PvP in Wahammer! Ive just seen the video caption of what it may look like and if this is even remotely similar, i think most people will stick with DAoC!
    I just cant believe they would even implement such a crap video for the community to watch knowing that this is the game that most people are waiting for!

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/video/

2. censi

censi Can't get enough of FH

DL'ing!

3. Blizard

Blizard One of Freddy's beloved

Amaaagaaad!!!!
    That one on UTube is even worse ffs!
    Are they just trying to make another WoW? Because more poeple play it doesnt mean its better so i think the designers need a reality check!
    WoW was advertised on a major scale where as DAoC wasnt... and if only the majority of people even new about DAoC, then i think they would be playing DAoC!
    All this crap above characters heads saying how much you hit for and spell effects etc is just w@nk imo!
    I much prefer 2 boxes... 1 for your general chat, and 1 for what happens to your char in combat, and what is happening in your enviroment!
    It makes it more life like if you know what i mean!

4. locherbread

locherbread Fledgling Freddie

hehe Blizard complaining about a game that resembles WoW, I know I'm sad ;-)

But as Ghan said, it is purely in the Beta stage, long way from polished ^ ^

P.s We all do know WoW is a warhammer clone don't we? I'm sure blizzard devs openly admitted War was a huge influence on WoW...so you say they should now change almost 3 decades of artwork due to another company imitating their style :)

5. censi

censi Can't get enough of FH

that does look very budget i must say lol...

but then its a bit like showing a firby in no armour hitting a frog outside mag mell.

the toons look all small and cartoony like WoW, the swing sounds are budget the animation seems really budget.

yes pretty worrying tbh.

6. Manisch Depressiv

Manisch Depressiv Part of the furniture

Oh god, a reason I don't play WoW is this cartoon graphics. And now this...

7. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

EA = shitty software that caters for Johnny consumer and the masses, what do you expect?

8. Erulin

Erulin Fledgling Freddie

Ironic how that video (if I downloaded the correct one) is full of 2 - 3 man teams attacking 1 Orc :p

9. MaCaBr3

MaCaBr3 Banned

I guess the reason they are switching to WoW graphics is that DAOC needs a pretty decent setup to run smoothely. WoW runs on milk and cookies.

10. Tuthmes

Tuthmes FH is my second home

Hehehe :p

11. Seems pritty shit tbh. Though then again I would never ever play a game that is hosted by either GoA or EA again, and as ironic it may seem both these companys are in the loop, not hard to say nay. :p

12. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

Exactly. It's not even in beta yet.

Will be funny a year from now watching all the nay-sayers with WAR toons in their sig's. It was the same with WoW "Ewww, cartoon graphics" then 3 months later those same people were playing it.

It's also amusing coming from DAoC players moaning about crap effects in a game, listen to trolls and luri's in combat for example, the noises they make are akin to those you might expect to find in a ZX Spectrum game.

In the end it all comes down to game play, nothing else really matters...how many peeps run a mmorpg in the full graphics settings anyway? Not many.

13. Straef

Straef Can't get enough of FH

I don't think DAoC ever runs smoothly :p Right after upgrading my pc a bit, I had about 60fps in Oblivion, while having <30fps in the TOA client :x Pretty wank if you ask me :d
    The graphics look fine to me, to be honest. I mean, I still play the ocasional game of CS and WC3, neither of which are exactly impressive on the graphics department, not to mention the DAoC graphics. If WAR ends up with similar graphics to WOW or whatever, while having great RvR/PvP options, I'd go for it.

14. pip

pip Banned

Blitz wish i could get your old account back for ya:fluffle: your better than this WH shit:) it's all hype thats all:fluffle:

15. pip

pip Banned

Darkageofcamelot nothing will ever beat this game:) Zelda great game this lies in same catergory:worthy:

16. Twinky

Twinky Fledgling Freddie

agree pip pip liddul birdie ;p

17. Nuxtobatns

Nuxtobatns Can't get enough of FH

I will see the vid. Last vid i saw...well...looked much like WoW.... and i dont like WoW. Tbh...i find it really possible to stay on DAOC too...

GIVE DOAC II FTW !!! ... get rid of the mistakes of the past u cant change now ! ! !

18. Kinetix

Kinetix Can't get enough of FH

Omg pip actually said something right :D Zelda ftw :D

19. Vladamir

Vladamir FH is my second home

Yay pip :D

20. Tip

Tip One of Freddy's beloved

Agree first impressions dont look good, lets wait and see what the finished product ends up like, makes me deffo want to hang onto my DOAC accounts a little longer :)

21. Arquest

Arquest Fledgling Freddie

Well yes i was also suprised to see this after the fantastic trailer. First impression i pressed a wrong link but no that was there!!!

For me this is a downgrade of what they have manage through daoc but ofc it might be very first stage

But on the other hand HOW much can this defer from the final output?

Btw have a look at age of conan

I Liked many of its parts but still under development too

22. Vladamir

Vladamir FH is my second home

[​IMG]

Daoc didn't always look as visually pleasing as it does now :p

23. Keata

Keata Fledgling Freddie

You cant judge a game that has over a year to release.

The grafics ARE gonna be WoW'ish. Simply becaus thats how Warhammer looks, it got nothing to do with Mythic or EA, it's all 'Games Workshop'.

One thing im sure of tho.. It will be cartoonish, but it will most likely have a more real/dull feeling than WoW has.

24. Kinetix

Kinetix Can't get enough of FH

Thats exactly what i hate on games...cartoonish grafix brrrr <shivers>

25. Straef

Straef Can't get enough of FH

So it's supposed to look good now? :p
    Anyway, WoW graphics looked worse than this in the alpha, and they turned out fine (depending on what you fancy).
    Tho I wouldn't mind the cartoony style getting swapped with cell-shaded looks, like Dragonquest 8, that looked cool :D

26. Aqe

Aqe Fledgling Freddie

Inconnu, Troll in Daoc look quite cartoony also.

The characters on these screenshots doesnt look "cartoony".
    (Tho i noticed that many think a char look cartoony just becouse they got better gfx than used to from daoc.)
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/screenshots/full/nov06fd_09.jpg
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/screenshots/full/111706_10.jpg
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/screenshots/full/1006OrcChopSS05.jpg
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/screenshots/full/squigherder02.jpg

27. Aqe

Aqe Fledgling Freddie

WoW - WAR - DAOC
    [​IMG]

Think the Dwarf look very similar in WAR and DAOC.
    The Orc look better in WAR than in WoW. No Orcs in daoc so picked 2 other races.

28. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

Exactly :)

29. LordjOX

LordjOX Part of the furniture

That has to be some spoof image, because I cannot remember it being that bad