Warhammer Online

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So I decided to have a poke at this to see how its changed since I played last (About 2 weeks after release) didn't pay for it tho I have 14 days free :p but jesus christ its the most imbalanced piece of shit on the market atm, near impossible for new players or returning players to get back into.

The main problems I spotted were

Long as fuck scenario queues making RP farming slow as hell (as low as 1,000 rp per game at lvl 40 and upto 45 minute queues), you may think hey why not just open rvr? because stepping out into open rvr gets you instantly raped by someone with high end gear you just can't compete (the gear I had on was nothing special given when I stopped playing but I literally couldn't take 2% health off a light armour wearer before I fell over its that imbalanced in terms of gear)

I didn't think it was possible for this game to get shitter than it already was :p sadly I was wrong.

Marc

FH is my second home
You havent played eve online then, one powerbloc, the northern coalition, having like 100k members, making it impossible for anyone else to do anything. Fight one of their alliances and they are straight on the batphone and within minutes you are zerged by thousands of ships. Now thats imbalance.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You havent played eve online then, one powerbloc, the northern coalition, having like 100k members, making it impossible for anyone else to do anything. Fight one of their alliances and they are straight on the batphone and within minutes you are zerged by thousands of ships. Now thats imbalance.

I can imagine :p the daft thing about warhammer tho is that the only way you can get pvp gear now is via Medallions/emblems that drop from players.... that you can't kill because they have imbalanced gear *scratches chin* well thought out mythic :l it wouldnt be a problem if there was alot of warbands around but there seems to be more or less none.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I played again about a year ago, and I honestly couldn’t find one redeeming feature in the game which would bring me back as a subscriber. You are right about balancing issues, which I suspect are there simply because Mythic didn't plan for the mass exodus of players who decided the game was at best an early beta upon release. When 90% of the subscriber base was gone in less than six months and only the hardcore players remained, their was nothing in the game mechanics to allow for balancing. The game had its charms on your first toon, as every RPG tends to, but after that, things are incredibly dull and everything just seems to be a constant grind.

When you have such rich source material as Warhammer, you would think it quite difficult to make a mess of a game like this, but EA and Mythic (and to a lesser extent GoA), managed to screw WAR up in every conceivable way possible.

I feel sorry for the staff who worked on this game – it must have been quite soul destroying to see such potential wasted.

I think for many players there is a lot of sour grapes over the BS Mythic and GoA talked at the time too – not to mention the billing calamities.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

That's not imbalance, that's power. They fly the same ships, with same gear, as anyone else could.

Anyone could take down the Northern coalition, but it would require a number of people who can work together and actually do something.

Guerrilla warfare, tactical thinking and so on.

Not to mention, all you have to do is wait for the inevitable power struggle within, capitalise and take the whole coalition down when they're fighting among themselves.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I was playing it until a month ago, the new RvR patch totally killed what little good was left in the game. I still have a couple of months on my account but I only use it to play T1 and T2 now which are still alot of fun.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I sold my WE account for £250 the week before last expansion and I don't regret it one bit.

Mythic have slowly but surely destroyed something that could have delivered alot more. Realm pride does not exist, no one gievs a shit whether there is a city siege on or not as either way you get rewarded for failure.

Instead of promoting fighting each other they promote sittnig in a keep waiting for the enemy to come and farm them.

So i'm left moping about until the next MMO I can spend a few years playing hits the shelves :(

On a positive I met a load of great people, so I can't grumble too much :p

Marc

FH is my second home
I sold my WE account for £250 the week before last expansion and I don't regret it one bit.

Mythic have slowly but surely destroyed something that could have delivered alot more. Realm pride does not exist, no one gievs a shit whether there is a city siege on or not as either way you get rewarded for failure.

Instead of promoting fighting each other they promote sittnig in a keep waiting for the enemy to come and farm them.

So i'm left moping about until the next MMO I can spend a few years playing hits the shelves :(

On a positive I met a load of great people, so I can't grumble too much :p

Come join the big boys in EVE dude. Youve served your apprentiship fannying about in the kindergarden MMORPGS :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Marc, does FHOt have a go-to corporation, or it pretty much all around the place?

I've been runnign my own corporation(several actually), for more or less whole my EVE career. So when i return again, might be fun to hop on the corporate ladder :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Come join the big boys in EVE dude. Youve served your apprentiship fannying about in the kindergarden MMORPGS :D

Wouldn't know where to start :p or if my brain could even handle getting in to it now, being so late and all.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You're never late in joining EVE. Sure there are vets around, but after you get your bearings and a couple of weeks of training under your belt, you're as valuable as anyone.

Hell, scouts for example(PVP speaking here) don't need a day of training to operate ;)

The only thing time gives, is more ships to fly, more experience and ofcourse, well, a bit heftier things to do shit with(as with all games), but you're basically(if a corp uses you well), valuable from day 1.

Marc

FH is my second home
Marc, does FHOt have a go-to corporation, or it pretty much all around the place?

I've been runnign my own corporation(several actually), for more or less whole my EVE career. So when i return again, might be fun to hop on the corporate ladder :D

Nah, no FH corp, we are all scattered about. Me and Punishment are in the Northern Coaliton. Zorena is in hi sec, not sure about the rest.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, would be a bit "meh" to form one too, not near enough members to do anything really big. BEtter advance in solo-corp jumping ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Yeah, would be a bit "meh" to form one too, not near enough members to do anything really big. BEtter advance in solo-corp jumping ;)

If you wanna get into/back ino nullsec, im in a laid back corp of over 25's. Part of the northern coalition, located on the border with the russians so plenty of action and nice ratting systems. By laid back, unlike 99% of nullsec corps, RL comes first, so you dont have to join call to arms and stuff like that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Will keep that in mind, a laid back corp is pretty much what i'd need if i go to the nulfun again. Also got a bro who started back in 2003 too. Last corp i was in was just that "forced labour".

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
is WAR so that crap?

Since latest RvR patch sadly yes it now sucks, the PvE endgame is a joke and the RvR endgame is a cobbled together mess. Only T1 and T2 are viable now.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Had a lot of fun with War on and off for 1.5 years or so, but that was pretty much limited to having a good group and being able to farm noobs all day. There hasn't been any competitive or worthwhile pvp in that game since day one, the childlike combat system that could be 'mastered' by Boris Johnson on ketamine is just a joke and put paid to it ever being a success in that sense.

As has been said, given the success of DAoC and the rich background to draw on it is incredible how bad they managed to make the game.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
the childlike combat system that could be 'mastered' by Boris Johnson on ketamine is just a joke and put paid to it ever being a success in that sense.

aren't all fantasy mmo's like that?

eksdee

FH is my second home
aren't all fantasy mmo's like that?

Well, compare it to DAoC for example and you'll see what I mean. Just look at healers - in Warhammer you can be a 'great' healer by just standing on a rock in the middle of the fight spamming one button, try that in DAoC and see how you do.

Punishment

Resident Freddy

There will always be 1 powerbloc in EvE online, 1st there was BoB now the NC ;)

The NC are fairly soft tbh tho and we don't do much in the south really tho my alliance has it's eyes on fountain atm :ninja:

Marc

FH is my second home
There will always be 1 powerbloc in EvE online, 1st there was BoB now the NC ;)

The NC are fairly soft tbh tho and we don't do much in the south really tho my alliance has it's eyes on fountain atm :ninja:

You will get what Goons/Test tell you, you can have. From NC pets to DC pets :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The best fun I had in WHO was doing silly things like small group vs large zergs and solo vs small groups. Squig herder was awesome. After a while it gets boring though, the endgame is literally a massive clusterfuck of the highest degree (city siege lawl) and it quickly turns into a Rp grind.

Scenarios were pretty good, as long as you didn't get a set high RR guild group vs clueless noob zerg.

IDK, I wish they had just added a third realm. Skaven ffs.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've tried eve a few times but I just can't get past how boring the combat is.

EPIC RIGHT CLICK ORBIT THERE MEGIHTZ

it's like... the ultimate spreadsheet dueling w/ a graphics engine.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, low level PVE is that since level 1-2 missions offer little if any challenge with a proper fit.

But when you get to level 4 and 5 missions, especially something like worlds collide or angel extravaganza(not to mention the hell that is the bonus room), you need some nice hardware and tactical decisions to manage it all.

PVP on the other hand, well, that's a whole other buket of fish if you want to be competent.

Marc

FH is my second home
I've tried eve a few times but I just can't get past how boring the combat is.

EPIC RIGHT CLICK ORBIT THERE MEGIHTZ

it's like... the ultimate spreadsheet dueling w/ a graphics engine.

Yeah its like that at first. Thats why the noobs give up. When you get to the proper fleet battles its much more than that. I used to think nothing could touch daoc 8 v 8 but I was wrong although I appreciate its not to everyones taste. Its like marmite!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah its like that at first. Thats why the noobs give up. When you get to the proper fleet battles its much more than that. I used to think nothing could touch daoc 8 v 8 but I was wrong although I appreciate its not to everyones taste. Its like marmite!

Yeah, if opening a jar of marmite might(and probably would) cost your house, car and a couple of grand off your account :p

Fun! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom