Warhammer Online

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just remembered that noone here should praise or downtalk WAR too much though, as with everything unfinished, it might go either way and i doubt anyone here would like to come back and go: "mmk...you guys were right..." :D

Zede

Part of the furniture
If you play arena seriously on any of the 'bigger' battlegroups, there is a quite elitist community that is comparable to FH RvR section during its golden days.

Otherwise I agree, even though my servers community pre-battlegroups were dominated by chinese teams(no, not goldfarmers etc. just chinese players avoiding the 3 hour per day time penalty in China).

I really dont think you have done much WoW pvp.

my char : The World of Warcraft Armory

Your comments on grinding 200k easily is very wrong. In fact, everything you say about wow pvp is wrong. If you want to argue I will happily point out all your wrongness, but cba atm.

1 example.. 1 hour grinding honor an hour day for 2 months might get you 2 items and after 2 months you would be seriously underpowered comparable to other "pvpers" The difference in in wow between dinging L70 & in greens and having L70 S3 epics is Massive - far far greater than a new L50 & a rvr geared L50.

WoW pvp is fun, but gets boring a lot quicker than daoc rvr. And the new arena realms are a fucking joke...welcome to world of clone craft. Who the fuck wants to play a game when every single player you meet in pvp/rvr looks exactly the same - you cannot dye anything in wow, Tres crap :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
WoW pvp is fun, but gets boring a lot quicker than daoc rvr. And the new arena realms are a fucking joke...welcome to world of clone craft. Who the fuck wants to play a game when every single player you meet in pvp/rvr looks exactly the same - you cannot dye anything in wow, Tres crap :/

Moneysink and useless really, dyeing that is, but fun if it's in. No "major buzkill"*salute* though.

WoW arena=counterstrike/team fortress. So similar outfits only fits.
WoW PVP realm= RVR like DAoC, but more fun as it's not so restricted and "goal" oriented. You make your own goals in pvp realms really.

the thing about wow is, you have to look for fights, and this puts many people off it. Not to mention, that the "organised" pvp doesn't seem to fit many peoples immersion ideas of fantasy.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Having farmed 400k honor, my average by sitting in a tower in AV was 1.5-3k honor per hour, which means you'll get at the very least 60k honor in 2 months, which last time I checked - was almost the entire honor set. And this is with the very minimum amount of time played, during this time also we can assume you are running a ~1500ish rating 2v2. Which would yield around ~250 points per week, this over 2 months would equal around 2k arena points, which isn't very much - granted. But considering it took almost no effort and combined with the honor stuff, you're on your way to full epic already and at this point you'll be able to compete up to around ~1700-1800 2v2 easily depending on your class, which would grant around 500 arena points per week, for a little bit more effort.

For reference; here is my 3 chars - very close to your own in gear level, granted I haven't played much in Season3 because my team mates keeps quitting on me.

The World of Warcraft Armory - my Warrior
The World of Warcraft Armory - my Druid
The World of Warcraft Armory - my Warlock.

And regarding your 'seriously underpowered statement'. It's pretty damn obvious you won't top brackets after 2 months of playing, but that doesn't mean you can't compete around 2k-ish rating, or even stockpile points for season4 and start competing then. WoW is so ridiculously easy to get competitive in, and fast. Looking at the time I spent gearing up my 3 chars, and the time I spent to gear up my Runemaster in DAoC - also the effort involved, WoW wins hands down.

Marc

FH is my second home
Am I the only person who thought WOW was utter dog shit?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Am I the only person who thought WOW was utter dog shit?

The thing is, one can't make such a clearcut statement without sounding like an anti-fanboi, which is equally bad.

There are things DAoC(for example) did better, but there are also things WoW did better then DAoC.

All MMOs really fall into the "some things are way better" category, it's kinda suprising noone has done a "good qualities only" game.

Then again, not all would like that either.

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
WoW PVP realm= RVR like DAoC, but more fun as it's not so restricted and "goal" oriented. You make your own goals in pvp realms really.

yea but u see theres nothing in that gives u a sense of urgency to go defend ur so called ''towers'' (or w/e) in WoW or go and help some random nabbers out, while in daoc there was and lots of it. U say making ur own goals but that just sounds like something u do in a roleplay server and tbh there isnt much to do anyway... oh and no it just isnt remotely like daoc rvr

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
WoW is so ridiculously easy to get competitive in, and fast. Looking at the time I spent gearing up my 3 chars, and the time I spent to gear up my Runemaster in DAoC - also the effort involved, WoW wins hands down.

ffs im gonna throw up man
not once have u mentioned the word skill, always gear gear gear gear etc. ..
How did u gear up ur runie? did have some guild or mates to go farm some plats or are u actually comparing solo gearing up? and why do u keep giving out the gearing up example for daoc anyway, its just not relevant cuz putting effort into getting gear in wow pvp and gear in daoc pve are 2 very different things. I did endgame content in full rogs in daoc while in TLW aswell pbae farming plats.

Having farmed 400k honor, my average by sitting in a tower in AV was 1.5-3k honor per hour, which means you'll get at the very least 60k honor in 2 months

i dont want to sit in a fucking tower all day long for 2 months just to be a little competitive... u cud argue its the same in daoc that u sit in a corner pbae'ing mobs but it just isnt.. u can do it in ur own pace and it doesnt zerg u if u know what ur doing, so theres less frustration in the process

Zede

Part of the furniture
Having farmed 400k honor, my average by sitting in a tower in AV was 1.5-3k honor per hour, which means you'll get at the very least 60k honor in 2 months, which last time I checked - was almost the entire honor set. And this is with the very minimum amount of time played, during this time also we can assume you are running a ~1500ish rating 2v2. Which would yield around ~250 points per week, this over 2 months would equal around 2k arena points, which isn't very much - granted. But considering it took almost no effort and combined with the honor stuff, you're on your way to full epic already and at this point you'll be able to compete up to around ~1700-1800 2v2 easily depending on your class, which would grant around 500 arena points per week, for a little bit more effort.

For reference; here is my 3 chars - very close to your own in gear level, granted I haven't played much in Season3 because my team mates keeps quitting on me.

The World of Warcraft Armory - my Warrior
The World of Warcraft Armory - my Druid
The World of Warcraft Armory - my Warlock.

And regarding your 'seriously underpowered statement'. It's pretty damn obvious you won't top brackets after 2 months of playing, but that doesn't mean you can't compete around 2k-ish rating, or even stockpile points for season4 and start competing then. WoW is so ridiculously easy to get competitive in, and fast. Looking at the time I spent gearing up my 3 chars, and the time I spent to gear up my Runemaster in DAoC - also the effort involved, WoW wins hands down.

only if u WIN ! (the BGs, then its just down to your battlegroup how fast you get honor, on my BG horde own all but AV, but we all know that :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yea but u see theres nothing in that gives u a sense of urgency to go defend ur so called ''towers'' (or w/e) in WoW or go and help some random nabbers out, while in daoc there was and lots of it. U say making ur own goals but that just sounds like something u do in a roleplay server and tbh there isnt much to do anyway... oh and no it just isnt remotely like daoc rvr

There's lots of "urgency" when you're in an active pvp server.

Plenty of hunting that rogue who's hunting people in darnassus, keeping horde out of ironforge etc.

When there's atleast one horde who thinks killing innocent alliance membe3rs is fun, there's fun to be had :D

Sure, it may differ from DAoC RVR, but i found DAoC RVR and all that, same thing over and over, a bit stale. In WoW, and yes i like RP server even mroe, you can have a different day every day that isn't mandated by the foes you fight.

Helme

Resident Freddy
ffs im gonna throw up man
not once have u mentioned the word skill, always gear gear gear gear etc. ..
How did u gear up ur runie? did have some guild or mates to go farm some plats or are u actually comparing solo gearing up? and why do u keep giving out the gearing up example for daoc anyway, its just not relevant cuz putting effort into getting gear in wow pvp and gear in daoc pve are 2 very different things. I did endgame content in full rogs in daoc while in TLW aswell pbae farming plats.
I naturally assumed you had some sort of skill. I geared up my Runemaster with the help of my 8 man guild who had far too many accounts, and far too many characters for it's own good. You could probably say that there wasn't any way to do it faster than I did, hell we even dominated the market on ML9 loot due to 2man farming whatever that statue bosses name was, or being one of the few who killed Jacina on Mid.

i dont want to sit in a fucking tower all day long for 2 months just to be a little competitive... u cud argue its the same in daoc that u sit in a corner pbae'ing mobs but it just isnt.. u can do it in ur own pace and it doesnt zerg u if u know what ur doing, so theres less frustration in the process
You don't have to sit in the towers, it was just how I got MY honor - you could play Alterac Valley as it was intended if you wanted to. For me, I much preferred sitting and "defending" a tower while watching a movie as I now have 4 chars exalted with Stormpike/Frostwolf :p

Zede said:
only if u WIN ! (the BGs, then its just down to your battlegroup how fast you get honor, on my BG horde own all but AV, but we all know that
At least on my Battleground 1 AV game lasts on average 11 minutes, both teams ends up with ~250-450 honor, we have instant queues on both sides. In 1 hour that would mean you could get anywhere between 1250ish honor per hour to 2500-3000. On average you'll land at about 2.5k as Alliance. If you would use my average it would land at about 80 hours played for the 200k honor needed, thats rougly 1½ hour per day for 2 months - which is pretty casual :p

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
I naturally assumed you had some sort of skill. I geared up my Runemaster with the help of my 8 man guild who had far too many accounts, and far too many characters for it's own good. You could probably say that there wasn't any way to do it faster than I did, hell we even dominated the market on ML9 loot due to 2man farming whatever that statue bosses name was, or being one of the few who killed Jacina on Mid.

So what exactly was so difficult about getting the gear? a few proper farm sessions in one week and ur almost done for it, while in WoW its a painful and agonizing 2 months of arenas with crap gear

Zede

Part of the furniture

Lethul

FH is my second home
Lethul for f*cks sake, stop talking to strangers!...about this place :D

Well i have to try and get some fuel on the fire! And i know nothing about wow so i have to ask the wow geeks i know :)

Zede didn't take offense tho, mission failed :(

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I really dont think you have done much WoW pvp.

my char : The World of Warcraft Armory

Your comments on grinding 200k easily is very wrong. In fact, everything you say about wow pvp is wrong. If you want to argue I will happily point out all your wrongness, but cba atm.

1 example.. 1 hour grinding honor an hour day for 2 months might get you 2 items and after 2 months you would be seriously underpowered comparable to other "pvpers" The difference in in wow between dinging L70 & in greens and having L70 S3 epics is Massive - far far greater than a new L50 & a rvr geared L50.

Actually most of what he said was fairly accurate, but in most cases it was (is) even easier to get your character arena ready up until they added the report function to bgs not so long ago. You could simply set up mousemachine to join av for you and leave it on whenever you were not playing which yielded easily 15k honor per day.

Even now after blizzard took action to prevent people doing this gear is seriously easy to attain; within a day of hitting 70 you'll most likely have the new superior quality pvp set, do a few daily quests each day and you can afford to buy arena points from geared players selling places in their teams. By doing the above and a few bgs each day its not unrealistic to say you'll have a decently geared character within a month of hitting 70.

The funny thing is this is probably the hardest (or perhaps most tedious would be more appropriate) part about wow currently considering you'll be learning your setup from scratch, often against players with slightly better gear than yourself. Most wow players just blame gear here, but in truth its probably their teamplay and/or 'skill' thats lacking.

Beyond this, maintaining your character requires so little effort, its just a case of playing arena (which should be fun now?) and doing daily quests if you need gold.

For reference my druid: The World of Warcraft Armory
which started season3 with really bad gear and a few thousand points carried over and now has the 'best' gear available and excess points for season4 should it start anytime soon. I play this character for maybe 1 hour on average each day. My arena partner (check the team) actually started the season with hardly any points or honor carried over from the previous season and has been sufficiently geared to hold a decent rating for months now.

Himse

FH is my second home
ahaha i like your teamname

"i shaved my balls irl"

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yeah I was equally as shocked as you. WoW armory actually working?! UNPOSSIBLE!

Zede

Part of the furniture
Actually most of what he said was fairly accurate, but in most cases it was (is) even easier to get your character arena ready up until they added the report function to bgs not so long ago. You could simply set up mousemachine to join av for you and leave it on whenever you were not playing which yielded easily 15k honor per day.

Even now after blizzard took action to prevent people doing this gear is seriously easy to attain; within a day of hitting 70 you'll most likely have the new superior quality pvp set, do a few daily quests each day and you can afford to buy arena points from geared players selling places in their teams. By doing the above and a few bgs each day its not unrealistic to say you'll have a decently geared character within a month of hitting 70.

The funny thing is this is probably the hardest (or perhaps most tedious would be more appropriate) part about wow currently considering you'll be learning your setup from scratch, often against players with slightly better gear than yourself. Most wow players just blame gear here, but in truth its probably their teamplay and/or 'skill' thats lacking.

Beyond this, maintaining your character requires so little effort, its just a case of playing arena (which should be fun now?) and doing daily quests if you need gold.

For reference my druid: The World of Warcraft Armory
which started season3 with really bad gear and a few thousand points carried over and now has the 'best' gear available and excess points for season4 should it start anytime soon. I play this character for maybe 1 hour on average each day. My arena partner (check the team) actually started the season with hardly any points or honor carried over from the previous season and has been sufficiently geared to hold a decent rating for months now.

It all depends what " patch" you decided to start PvPing on, and more importantly the quality of the players in your battlegroup.

On Blackout BG - horde lose 90% of all AV, so getting 15k honor per day via afk botting is not possible. More to the point, whats the point in quoting figures you can get cheating ?

Lose 50% of your BGs and my statement is valid and correct.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Hence no mention at all of DAoC2....
But because you are not making a sequel does not mean, that you discard all the knowledge you gained from your previous game.
Svartalf posted a great picture to illustrate this a while back.
It shows a list of points, that DAoC had, that WAR should avoid;

Downtime, bad. Playing, good.
NO invicible or invincible warriors
Interruption, bad. Slow down, ok.
etc.

Hang on...

JacobsLaws.jpg

This?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
You might be forgiven for thinking that he'd changed his mind, but he responded to some stealth concerns recently with this:

MarkJacobsEA said:
MxxPwr said:
>>
*Second, if you saw the video, stealth is not overpowering and is simply a means to travel short distances unnoticed. Big deal!
>>

Well, I can see where hypothetically a 1 sec stun from stealth and a 2 sec cast back to stealth could be maximized by just 2 stealthers to create a stun-lock scenario.

Well said, I couldn't agree more. One of the reasons I hate stealth and the career team knows it. :)

Mark
Source: http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_a...06916883/p3/?69

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Warhammer is an RvR game. The PvP in WoW is useless. The game was fun for the time it took me to level a character to 60, then 70. Other than that, useless.

PvP in WoW was ruined by premade groups in Battlegrounds or people that have high as fuck resilience.... made axe useless on my warrior so I stopped playing :/ 5% crit bonus from axe line in arms was nice before resil was introduced now its totally useless... everyone is sword/mace whores now.

All in all i'm waiting for warhammer AND conan to go retail, played warhammer in beta but I want to see what the finished product is like before I make another time lengthy commitment to a game again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom