Warhammer Online

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
PvP will basically be DAOC mark 2...

And thats not a bad thing!!!!

Long live the lord of chaos!

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not into mmorpg'ing, nor tabletop gaming, but a Warhammer 40,000 online would get my attention more than another batch of orcs (or orks).

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't wait for it personally, this could finally be the one that takes me away from camelot for good.

Think alot of people said that about wow too, but have a funny feeling this could really eat into daoc's population big time, even more so than wow because most ppl will liken it to daoc 2.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Can't wait for it personally, this could finally be the one that takes me away from camelot for good.

Think alot of people said that about wow too, but have a funny feeling this could really eat into daoc's population big time, even more so than wow because most ppl will liken it to daoc 2.

With a name like Skaven im not surprised ;)

DAoC's player base has been slowly whittled away over time by games and GOA's strange server decisions.

Primetime i dont think any server can boast 1k players anymore except the Germans, when a few years ago the unclustered servers often had close-on 2k players online each.

WoW had an impact, the Classic servers had an impact, ToA had an impact but now that the player base has just started recovering IF (and it is a huge IF) Warhammer's PvP is truly as good as most players hope then DAoC could well be in trouble.

What has always brought players back to DAoC is the lack of another fantasy mmorpg with a solid PvP (read: RvR) system. It's that simple.

The day a new mmorpg comes along with a better faction v faction system, it's all over.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tallen said:
The day a new mmorpg comes along with a better faction v faction system, it's all over.

if its gonna be more then just running around and mindlessly farming RP's, then yeah, i might be intrested in warhammer. but not if that games "pvp" is gonna look even close to the one DAoC have. DAoC's RVR is so shallow u wont even get ur shoes wet when u try it. only times theres any keep takes or anything other then whining "hardcores" bitching for more "noobs" to farm is when they want another area to IRVR in.

theres absolutly no reason whatsoever to go out and rvr other then to get that precious RP. and i hope to god that warhammer wont be like that. call me a roleplayer like it means something but i acually want some dept even in the pvp area, not just the pve.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
if its gonna be more then just running around and mindlessly farming RP's, then yeah, i might be intrested in warhammer. but not if that games "pvp" is gonna look even close to the one DAoC have. DAoC's RVR is so shallow u wont even get ur shoes wet when u try it. only times theres any keep takes or anything other then whining "hardcores" bitching for more "noobs" to farm is when they want another area to IRVR in.

theres absolutly no reason whatsoever to go out and rvr other then to get that precious RP. and i hope to god that warhammer wont be like that. call me a roleplayer like it means something but i acually want some dept even in the pvp area, not just the pve.

As i understand it the rvr will revolve around different battlefields, both instanced and non instanced ones, in 3 different pairs themed around 2 races fighting against each other. Winning the battlefields will over time result in new fields opening up and utlimately in an assault upon a races capital. Then that "war" will be won (or lost) and it will reset for a new war after rewards are handed out etc. A war campaign will likely take weeks or maybe even months.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fana said:
As i understand it the rvr will revolve around different battlefields, both instanced and non instanced ones, in 3 different pairs themed around 2 races fighting against each other. Winning the battlefields will over time result in new fields opening up and utlimately in an assault upon a races capital. Then that "war" will be won (or lost) and it will reset for a new war after rewards are handed out etc. A war campaign will likely take weeks or maybe even months.

ooh, impressive. not quite sure i like the instanced part tho. just look at WoW's battlegrounds. the 10v10 is probably almost decent, but sometimes u can wait for hours on end just to get in the 40v40 BG, atleast on the server i was on. mainly because it used to take to long to win. not saying that it will be like that in warhammer to but atleast the instanced part doesent sound to good, but if the rest of it will be what u say it will be (even close will do) then i'm defenetly gonna try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom