Warhammer online - Age Of Reckoning (1'st RvR video)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i hope that's a very very early version because it looks awful :(

[WR]Mothman

Fledgling Freddie
lol what shit is that? mmmm we are waiting this game? oO
perhaps later will be lovely but at the start didnt seam that :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
it looks more like a WoW version of tekken tbh:p

what a waste of 3 mins:(

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
..... Anyone still thinks that THIS game will kill DAoC...?

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Those fights... err... zzZZzzZzz...

I hope they does something for them, because it was so freaking boring video...

Nate

FH is my second home
sound just annoyed me, and couldn't see what was happening because of all the massively exagerated graphics for spells. But ofc it's early alpha, still looking forward to playing the game :)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Alpha and ppl moaning already :p

Because it looks like WoW, that's why. The graphics are fucking wank. If a game is going to be better then DAoC it needs to have the same gritty realistic graphics, not the shite cartoon ones of WoW.

phade

Fledgling Freddie
What a pile of shite that is.Looks crap even worse that WoW.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Moaning Myrtle said:
Because it looks like WoW, that's why. The graphics are fucking wank. If a game is going to be better then DAoC it needs to have the same gritty realistic graphics, not the shite cartoon ones of WoW.

Ofc they building a game to compete against Blizzard, i would hold my judgement till actually playing the Beta tho, wasn't that good Daoc in Beta graphics wise wasn't it?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
well on that note it is early... and perhaps the "rvr" will be totally different with guild grps etc.. to me that just looked like a few random noobs mashing buttons :x the gfx were nothing to shake a stick at either! but saying that it may change dramatically before release

Anvar

Fledgling Freddie
omfg , looks :wanker: is the understatement of the year. If I :puke: on the floor it would look better.

Only positive thing I can say is they aint ripping off wow graphics wow ripped them off - If you ever seen any white dwarf magazine/ games workshop art thats where wow based their look on. Either way it aint the look I go for and I cant see myself playing that :kissit:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
BloodOmen said:
well on that note it is early... and perhaps the "rvr" will be totally different with guild grps etc.. to me that just looked like a few random noobs mashing buttons :x the gfx were nothing to shake a stick at either! but saying that it may change dramatically before release

Can't really judge RvR by that video it was clearly "faked" to let clear visuals of spell effects, debuffs icons etc.
It was prolly 4 peeps from Mythic yelling "position xyz all ready?" - "aye" - "k start beating on the guy next to ya in clockwork sense".

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Dwarfs are OP YOU SAW IT!
Anyone who thinks this is what the RvR will be like on release then you're a moron (sorry it is harsh but it is true).
Don't make people bring out beta screenies of DAOC and show you what it was like in olden times.

Talsar

Albion Legend
Erm did that say Warhammer, out in October 1996, looked from that era! lol just teasing, agreed, it is early doors, but i hope they add some better res and character models to the game... i think they will ofc as even the dwarfs had not even moulded into the background correctly, i.e. there was white outline on some of them (character models not finished).

Lillevampyr

Fledgling Freddie
lol that was a waste to se that movie, looks abit like WoW.. i just say : ppl stay at daoc :)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I liked the video alot. The footage is early beta and already looks good and feels nice, I can't wait for more updates.

I do not understand why people are whining about the graphics and competing against already finished games.

I dare you to take a look at DAoC beta screenshots. That would shut your mouths forever ^~^)b Early DAoC beta screenshots vs these = hohoh.

And it's still better than DAoC!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Ofc they building a game to compete against Blizzard, i would hold my judgement till actually playing the Beta tho, wasn't that good Daoc in Beta graphics wise wasn't it?

I'm big enough to concede you may be right. I'll hold my final opinion until the finished game ships.

Fair enough?

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
I allways laugh at that SoulFly's avatar.. :D

I really, really hope that game will improve. What ever does it or not, im testing it out.

Nodin

Fledgling Freddie
Graphically The orks reflect the look GW has been going with for a while. The Dwarves were fairly nondescript there, but as has been said, its early days yet. They didn't seem to have that horrible cartoony look about the face that I can't stand about WoW though.

locherbread

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone with an knowledge of Warhammer would know Blizzard copied alot of their art desgin style..
hell even blizzards devs admitted this, Basically mythic are designing it around warhammer art
Also didn't anyone play warcraft 3, you'll see the graphical style there for yourself.. couple this with the footage being early alpha, I think it looked good.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
SoulFly said:
I liked the video alot. The footage is early beta and already looks good and feels nice, I can't wait for more updates.

I do not understand why people are whining about the graphics and competing against already finished games.

I dare you to take a look at DAoC beta screenshots. That would shut your mouths forever ^~^)b Early DAoC beta screenshots vs these = hohoh.

And it's still better than DAoC!

omg its a soulfly! you not playing WoW with delket/loch etc over on turo?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
To quote a Mythic developer:
"Of course we are working on these items, however remember the goal for beta is to get it all playable so people can test out the actual abilities and gameplay. Polish comes only after we get the abilities where we want them and they stay set in stone. Why polish an animation for an ability that might not be there in 3 weeks?"

And just so the whiners has something to compare with...

>>> This is how Daoc looked at the same phase in development.

That vid was wicked for what it was, even with all the flaws. You simply can't compare alpha footage with release-state games; especially not Mythic's games.

Edit: You wan't something to get excited over? Check these out, in particular the skills and tactics.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
http://myst.z.free.fr/picz/screens_daoc/alpha01_big.jpg

damn cool to watch old Alpha daoc screenshot.

wish i could have been there to test it out at alpha stage :)

atleast i was testing the game before it went live in Europe ^^

i have applied to be a Beta tester of Warhammer - hope im lucky enough.

atleast we should give Warhammer a chance even if it looks crap at Alpha stage !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom