Warhammer forum moderation.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So, I am one of the unlucky sods who is still waiting after 24hrs+ to get my activation email and actually login to the beta.

I posted a poll asking if whether anyone else in the same situation thought they would get in before the end of the beta and BOOOOOM topic gone inside 20 seconds.

Are only topics that lick the chocolate starfish acceptable?

If so, can we make it clear that the forum is not actually a forum and only those willing to extend their tongues into the games dark brown orifice are permitted to make topics?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, non licking threads are acceptable. Let me check.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Notes say it was removed for poll option 3. I'm inclined to agree given what it says :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh, btw. Discussed on IRC with Deebs. You can repost the thread if you like as long as the cat related option is left off the poll (i.e. use a "Yes / No" and not something daft, ta).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yeah sorry, shoulda left a note with that one.

Feel free to put in an option 3 but less cat-molesty.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The cat loves it I swear

;)

rynnor

Rockhound
If so, can we make it clear that the forum is not actually a forum and only those willing to extend their tongues into the games dark brown orifice are permitted to make topics?

I dont think thats true since over 90% of the posts at the moment are negative/and or critical of GOA and we sure havent deleted the lot - only the hatefull or CoC breaking ones generally.

I guess Flim didnt think the poll was particularly constructive, please bear in mind at points in the last few days we have been firefighting to prevent the whole thing completely degenerating so perhaps we make mistakes but our intention is not to stifle debate just to prevent it descending into anarchy :(

taB

Part of the furniture
Tis a serious shit fest for sure. Hope you chaps are getting overtime beers or something.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I dont think thats true since over 90% of the posts at the moment are negative/and or critical of GOA and we sure havent deleted the lot - only the hatefull or CoC breaking ones generally.

I guess Flim didnt think the poll was particularly constructive, please bear in mind at points in the last few days we have been firefighting to prevent the whole thing completely degenerating so perhaps we make mistakes but our intention is not to stifle debate just to prevent it descending into anarchy :(

Let's be honest, the whole process has been a cockup and people should be fired.

Putting the account and beta key registration up well ahead of time would have been a sensible step to make sure the whole process went smoothly and load test seperate parts of the system.

It's no surprise that when promises are made and payments taken that especially those who have paid for the open beta and not got in yet are going to be very pissed off.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Second that, ECA. I am a pretty sensible guy, but I'm starting to loose my patience here. Waiting 25 hours for an automated email is just for the loose, it would take less time to write all emails manually and pressing send manually, ffs :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
even though I partially agree (I also have yet to get the email for example), the GOA bashing is getting extremely old imo. We know things didn't go as planned, we are unhappy, yes, but regurgitating things that have already been said countless times (unless it's boobies ofc) bores me.

imo the WAR mods are showing amazing restraint in some cases. myself, I am responsible that some users currently cannot post.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Putting the account and beta key registration up well ahead of time would have been a sensible step to make sure the whole process went smoothly and load test seperate parts of the system.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to test the registration and key entry since that's what will get a hammering on release day. Doing it early to spread the load won't help as they can't do that on release.

I fear I have gone off(topic|forum).

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
even though I partially agree (I also have yet to get the email for example)

Hahahahahah!

oh wait, I'm still waiting as well :(

Many times I have been tempted to respond to rants in the warhammer threads with the critical response "You so need to go get laid..." but I know it would only cause trouble (and probably banned)

taB

Part of the furniture
Many times I have been tempted to respond to rants in the warhammer threads with the critical response "You so need to go get laid..." but I know it would only cause trouble (and probably banned)

I would like to point out that just because I'm not ranting doesn't mean I don't want to get laid.

ta.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
we should start a guild named So Need To Get Laid :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm pretty sure they wanted to test the registration and key entry since that's what will get a hammering on release day. Doing it early to spread the load won't help as they can't do that on release.

I fear I have gone off(topic|forum).

That's nice, but Beta tests these days in something like an mmo is a huge misrepresentation. They are PR Previews more than anything else.

Also you are wrong - the headstart scheme does exactly that, it spreads the load, additionally the accounts we have created are more than likely the accounts we will be using upon release - so launching that section early would make no difference to the "test" other than it would all have been a lot smoother.

Having a stripped down website to handle the early zergrush is entirely sensible.

The way this has been handled from a PR, business and test perspective are all huge cockups.

Pissing and moaning will do nothing, huge contracts have been signed and it's very unlikely mythic will tell goa to sod off and do the work themselves, which means the choice for consumers is go US and vote with our feet or go EU and put up with shitty service.

rynnor

Rockhound
Hahahahahah!

oh wait, I'm still waiting as well :(

Me too - doh!

Tempting I admit but no matter how many times I've seen that posted I've never seen the subject reply "by george your right - off down the bordello!" so its probably not constructive :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, as much as I love this shit. Lets keeps it "in" the warhammer forum please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom