Warhammer Europe Website

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ok minor grumbles.

1. If you are logged in, as I was at the time and your personal details are set to indicate that you already want to go on the beta.

Then why if you click on the beta registration button on the top bar, does it start to take you through the beta registration process again. This creates the impression that you aren't registered. There is a Myprofile button, if you want to change your personal details.

If you are already registered and you click on the BETA registration button, than it should simply say "You are already registered to apply for the beta".

Its simple things like this that I find annoying and poorly designed. Requiel have a look at it please.

2. Also, just to bring it up. If you loose your password and request a your old password.

The text in the email that gets sent out, indicates

Hello, MrEd (for example) !

"You have requested your password for the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning European website. Here is your personal information and we invite you to visit the website to answer the private question and retrieve your password"

This indicates you will get your old password, when infact you arrive at the website and you are basically resetting to a new password, this may cause minor confusion.

3. If you are going to have restrictive password combinations. Like 2 Capitals and 2 numbers with 8-16 characers, then display this information on the password reset page. Its annoying to enter a new password and basically get up something which telling the construction of your password is incorrect.

4. A My profile thing - When ever possible you should set your statements to indicate the positive not a negative.

So a "I Do Not Wish To Be On The Beta" should be a "I Wish To Be On The Beta" with a tick against it. Clearly marking a positive action, then you could tie that into the statements earlier on regarding the News letter and GOA information which would be ...

I Wish To Recieve The Newsletter -> Tick
I Wish To Recieve GOA Information -> No Tick

That way when you scan the page, what you have signed up for stands out.

These are simple things which can create confusion/annoyance and thats to be avoided at all costs.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Actually one more thing. In the email text which is sent out (regarding password request), it says that we will be asked a question, well we were already asked a question when we requested the email regarding the password. So you need to remove that text as well from the email.

Requiel, will you be using this setup for warhammer account maintenance ?

Oh yes ... screenshots. There are none, since December 06, no a great reflection on the progress of the project, so separate websites are fine, just keep them up to date.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback, the site is evolving and will change a lot over the course of the beta. I'll pass your suggestions on to the webteam.

The general idea is that the official site will be the hub for account management and other game/community stuff, exactly how the billing and account system will work hasn't been finalised yet though.

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
Another little thing, it's nothing big but will probably anoy some people.
Under the "Fansite" page you can find " To build or expand your own fan site, you can download the fan site kits available in the download section..", but that isn't available yet :eek7:

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Req,

Given what posted today on needing to be a Europe newsletter subscriber. Then it may be worth implementing a check. That if the user has indicated they are interested they are beta'ing, then they must tick the european newsletter box on their account page.

I know I for one, swtiched off the newsletter from Europe since I was already getting it from the US website, which as you know started earlier and I didnt see the point of having 2 newsletters.

I thought understandably since it had not been stated prior (that I was aware of) that having an account and indicating an interest in the beta program was enough.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
History repeats itself, no idea why the site has to be in flash again which is currently a major pain in the ass to get run under 64-architecture systems.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
What, you moaning alot about GOA, you mean? :p
I don't really see what in his post was moaning - it was a perfectly valid point, one that hasn't been brought up so far (on any of the fansites as far as I can remember).

A pure bashing of flash is one thing, backing it up with factual points is another.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Hmm

I am inclined to agree with the origional poster.

The EU site appears very buggy to me.

I simply cannot seemt to log in to check the status of my profile, even though i KNOW i am using the correct details... and when i request a new password, the link supplied doesnt work either.

And why for the love of god have such a COMPLEX password requirement. Its simply unneccicary.

that said... looking forward to next year :)

WAAAAGGHHHHH!

HansMortis

Fledgling Freddie
The EU site appears very buggy to me.

I simply cannot seemt to log in to check the status of my profile, even though i KNOW i am using the correct details... and when i request a new password, the link supplied doesnt work either.

If you are using Internet Explorer and have access to Mozilla Firefox, use it instead, at least that solved the problem for me.

oldun

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the feedback, the site is evolving and will change a lot over the course of the beta. I'll pass your suggestions on to the webteam.

The general idea is that the official site will be the hub for account management and other game/community stuff, exactly how the billing and account system will work hasn't been finalised yet though.

Hi Requiel

Have a look how the yanks do the account management ....realy check it out for DaoC I mean man its so simple...The Euro account system was shall we say some what lacking rofl

Oldun

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
I would be very happy if the site used less Flash for non-marketing areas like account management.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Hi Requiel

Have a look how the yanks do the account management ....realy check it out for DaoC I mean man its so simple...The Euro account system was shall we say some what lacking rofl

Oldun

We had to use a third party billing solution as we didn't have the option of integrating billing into the client as Mythic did. Development like that can only be done through Mythic and our arrangement with DAoC didn't allow for us to ask for that so we had to use a separate back end system that didn't tread on Mythic's toes code-wise.

WAR will be an entirely different arrangement though.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Ah yes, but will it be as shit as the DAoC one? Seriously, your daoc site is crap. Flash is crap, the billing was crap and trying to use rightnow when not on several performance enhancing drugs was a nightmare. Dont make the same mistakes again and shoot anyone who says flash is great.

Do your web team even know what HTML is?

What actually IS great is a portable, standards compliant website based on html and css with whatever backend needed. Not only is that more portable than flash, but its not pig slow and doesnt infuriate half your users before they have even got out of the gate.

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
I saw a mistake on the website. The latest post (Today is a bad day to be an f5 Key) has the date of September 8, 2007. :m00:

Teddy

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, the EU homepage isnt that great. Sure, it looks cool etc but i would like to see it more like the US version. More info, a real beta center and, not to be rude, but actual WAR (beta) support.

I wont go into detail here about my last comment (yet), apparently i have to wait 7 days before i can create a thread (joke?) :)

*maybe someone can create a thread for me called "EU beta support?"* ;)

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree, the EU homepage isnt that great. Sure, it looks cool etc but i would like to see it more like the US version. More info, a real beta center and, not to be rude, but actual WAR (beta) support.

I wont go into detail here about my last comment (yet), apparently i have to wait 7 days before i can create a thread (joke?) :)

Isn't there a hidden warbeta-section here at freddys? I'm not in beta yet, so I'm not 100% sure :)

Teddy

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't there a hidden warbeta-section here at freddys? I'm not in beta yet, so I'm not 100% sure :)
No idea, have not seen anything anyway. But then again i just registered yesterday :)

Btw, i see your part of norrsken.fetstryk.nu, i'm a very old Bulle af Fetstryk member myself ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

You could just use the existing thread rather than creating a brand new one?

Though given it's liable to be the same as this thread:
EU Beta, my story of GOA Support? - Warhammer Forums

You could try giving IainC a (polite) PM or email?

Edit: nm he's responded to your WHA thread, probably don't need to PM him :)

Teddy

Fledgling Freddie
You could just use the existing thread rather than creating a brand new one?

Though given it's liable to be the same as this thread:
EU Beta, my story of GOA Support? - Warhammer Forums

You could try giving IainC a (polite) PM or email?

Edit: nm he's responded to your WHA thread, probably don't need to PM him :)
I did try to find a thread but i didnt really find one, but i was tired so its totally possible that i just missed it. :)

I probably would have hinted a kind nudge at him in a few days, but he was fast :clap:

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
No idea, have not seen anything anyway. But then again i just registered yesterday :)

Btw, i see your part of norrsken.fetstryk.nu, i'm a very old Bulle af Fetstryk member myself ;)

I'm a very old Svea Ulvar member, so we have probably met in daoc :) Make sure to visit our allianceforums where we prepare for war... :cheers:

spondodge

Fledgling Freddie
Another thing...

I've played world of warcraft since the US/Korean and EU beta, took part in all of them... Anyways one thing the EU community complained about for a while was the "lack of love".

Few examples of where WOW went wrong was one the website and two the forums. The US website was updated had way cooler stuff going on and links to news.. forums links all kinds of stuff. Basically the european community got jealous and moaned about it on and off over the years on EU forums...

Other thing... for a year the WOW eu forums had bugs like the search feature wouldn't work and other stuff didn't work properly. US had same problem on there forums for maybe a month and it was fixed promptly... year later the EU stuff was fixed.

Would be nice if Warhammer management set a different standard and paid both communities equal attention...show a bit of love and you might find you reap 10 fold back at you. I'm certain the EU communities are as large and should be considered as important as the US fan base...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I did try to find a thread but i didnt really find one, but i was tired so its totally possible that i just missed it. :)

I probably would have hinted a kind nudge at him in a few days, but he was fast :clap:

sorry, meant this thread given its title :) though I guess you had a different problem so probably worthy of a new thread.

Bad luck with the beta slot :(

Nate

FH is my second home
What I'd like to see with the WAR GOA site, is NO Flash at all!!! It is so poor :( I really don't like the DAoC site, or the current WAR GOA site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom