Votes: 53 29.4%
  • EU - I diddn't play DAOC

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • US - I diddn't play DAOC

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't Mythic say that Goa would have the same level as access as them?

I am sure the staff at GoA will have the same level of access as mythic, but GoA will have inevitably have limitations set on what they can and can't do to the servers both from a coding and hardware point of view as agreed in a licencing agreement. This protects both parties legally and I am sure that it is meant to ensure that GoA maintain the standards and codes of practice on their servers as Mythic do on theirs.

All that is fine in principle, but what GoA and possibly to a larger extent Mythic failed to realise with DAoC is that the european market is quite different from the US one. They failed to factor in the possibility that the EU may want or need services which require extra developemt (such as clustering RvR zones, Clustering different lauguage servers ect). GoA didn't have the rights (and I suspect the resources) under the agreement to research and develope solutions to these issues.

If GoA have a similar agreement this time, it would be a waste of time to use their servers in the long run, when Mythic have no such barriers on their own servers.

As I said earlier in the thread, if the warhammer agreement was public domain, so that we can see what has been agreed, and if that agreement was sensible, then maybe I and many others would go back to GoA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom