Votes: 53 29.4%
  • EU - I diddn't play DAOC

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • US - I diddn't play DAOC

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
After reading a post and cba to read the 5 pages - I thought i'd make it more simple for numpties like me and just make a poll!!

Alex/Gwadien :ninja:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Where's the "I wanna keep playing daoc option"? :x

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
There needs to be a "none" option tbh

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think I'll suffer the pain and say EU simply because I hate going to bed on a work night just as all the americans start rvr'ing on daoc.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
There needs to be a "none" option tbh

no because the question is EU or US... if u wanne vote none.. Dont vote at all.

if you are asked to answer in yes or no, you dont answer in a long sentance do you?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
You're not being asked yes/no, you're being asked which set of servers you want to play on. Even the answers aren't yes/no unless US = NO and EU = YES in your vocabulary.

Polls usually have another option along the lines of "neither" or "don't know". It'd be more interesting to see how many people who read these forums have no intention of playing WAR in a poll such as this.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
i voted US, as the beta servers are currently laggy on EU. :(

Depends on if it gets better realy..
I wanna play on EU because the routing in US is mostly shite..
How many times did Opentransit @ New York fail on us EU ppl..
I lost count tbh ;)
And if i recall correctly, the last time i had the opentransit stuff bugging me. it took them over 24hours to fix it.
getting LD from Merlin(kilibury) every 5-10 mins when on a raid.. sucks

Bahumat

FH is my second home

I lost count tbh ;)
And if i recall correctly, the last time i had the opentransit stuff bugging me. it took them over 24hours to fix it.

I thought Open Transit could only affect people connecting to EU as this was based in France. Do America even use Open Transit?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Correct me if I am wrong, but WAR servers are where the GOA WAR team are......Dublin, so comparing the connection with Opentranshite is arsebuscuits.

I lost count tbh ;)
You must live in France then, from the UK i never even touch Opentranshite connecting to Mythic.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Correct me if I am wrong, but WAR servers are where the GOA WAR team are......Dublin, so comparing the connection with Opentranshite is arsebuscuits.

I never read anything clear about it but i strongly doubt it anyway.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I'd like to play on US, but with the weird raid times I'll most likely be playing on EU. Depends where my friends play really. That's if I play at all, obviously.

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
After reading a post and cba to read the 5 pages - I thought i'd make it more simple for numpties like me and just make a poll!!

Alex/Gwadien :ninja:
Alex your a fucking nub bandit!!
End of Marge!! :p

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
F#¤! WHO. I've not gotten a beta invite yet, so they can go and F#"¤ themselves !

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Where's the option 'It will be a cold day in hell before i let GoA or Mythic have any more of my money' ?

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
no, i life in The Netherlands :)

but for some weird reason, some fecked up DNS server in UK managed to sometimes route me from NL > UK > New York (transit thingie) > France
Also caused a few LD's time to time (and high ping)

Maybe i mixed up the names tho.. atleast some hub @ Newyork / Washington caused to lag/LD's :)
*using Chello / UPC here*
But also had some dude from Sweden with the same problems (Sweden>UK>NewYork>France = granted LD or mass lag)

G

EU - I diddn't play DAOC 2 1.75%
US - I diddn't play DAOC

nice spelling of didn't

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Well i voted EU but only if goa sort out the crap french internet, lag was very bad when pry and excal got clustered due to OT. Mythic servers are very nice and i have next to no lag at all even when 2 zergs meet. If this happens on WAR im off to US servers as this will be a very popular game, goa need to be ready for huge amounts of players.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Im not 100% sure WAR will go anywhere near the froggy lines, as its being hosted in Ireland.... people realy should do their homework.

I said US, sad to admit it, but Ive made a shed load more freinds there now, and my current DAoC guild wont want to return to EU ones.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
For me to play on the EU servers, I would want GoA to be much more up front than they were with DAoC. If they published an open public document giving an overview of what they can and can't do with the licence for Warhammer and the infrastructure they have in place to correct mistakes, address customer support issues ect that would be a start.

I would be pleasently suprised if GoA published such a document, and it would go some way to mending fences with alientated DAoC players, but I doubt very much that it will happen.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Just a quick question to all those saying they'll play US, are you really going to the extra hassle of getting a US CD key just to play elsewhere?

I'm assuming that WAR will only be available in a box set on release. You'll either have to find a retailer who will ship a box to Europe, or find one of the online shops which will email the keys. People playing on Euro servers will be able to get started as soon as possible, those waiting for a US key will end up waiting.

The only reason why so many people flocked to US servers was the fact that once the free trial was available anyone could sign up for an account. Barely anyone did until this came around, we all moaned at GOA but didn't bother doing anything. So those of you saying you'll play US, will you really go to the extra effort for a US account?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Just a quick question to all those saying they'll play US, are you really going to the extra hassle of getting a US CD key just to play elsewhere?

In short, Yes!

Why at this point go through a secondary party to play the game with inferior customer support and severe limitations forced upon them with a licencing agreement, for the sake of a few quid?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
As ford said, yes I would. Simply I dont fancy going through the monkey again when I can play with the organ grinder. I do hope that Mythic follow a lot of other game companies who allow the game to be downloaded rather than opting for the disc based versions.

This saves a lot of hastle in
a. finding the game in stock in the UK - remember when DAoC came out, then SI then TOA, you couldnt get a copy on release day for some shite reason mainly "we only distibute on Fridays, not Wednesdays like the rest of the planet!". And also because of a severe lack of UK based stock in the first place.
b. SAVE TEH PLANET! save on resources, be enviro freindleh!!!
c. Postmen are lazy bastards! Anything bigger than a letter gets put into the "monkeyboi to do when he can be bovvad" pile.
d. The monkeyboi (prolly the same one in the post sorting office) saying "neva heard of it, wanna buy an xbox?".

We all had to resort to DLgamer to get SI, TOA and DR because of the above, so yes, a couple of quid more will be great.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
With the backing of EA I doubt they'll bother with a downloadable version for a while. Most MMO games eventually offer a free trial for people to download, but only many months after the release to try and tempt new players in.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not entirely sure but i do seem to remember some Mythic Staff pointing at the downloadable game since release. I can be wrong mind ya, but i won't be fucked up by Goa another time, rest assured, whatever the hassle is to get a Us Version.
There's only one BIG if for me, IF they demonstrate that the infrastructure isn't behind enemy lines (erm i mean OT), IF they do revamp the site getting rid of the fucking Flash, IF they have a completely working xml (or whatever) at release, IF during Beta i actually have an in game support of any kind (just to show that there will be in game csr ofc) and finally IF they show that they do care (from now on) of their playerbase doing something for the soddy poor situation of Daoc Uk, THEN i'd consider to play EU.
That said, since they'll have a BIG FAT ignorant new cow to milk (aka the large Warhammer Tabletop fan base), i highly doubt anything of my list will ever see the sun.
So i'll be an happy bunny playing Usa and some of you, my friends, will get screwed once again.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
EU - I diddn't play DAOC 2 1.75%
US - I diddn't play DAOC

nice spelling of didn't

If you're going to have a go at spelling, at least make sure your grammar is correct.

As for the poll itself, I'll never pay 'GOA' anything ever again; as such, I'd probably end up on the US servers if I were to play at all, which I have no intentions of doing. No matter what way you look at it, it's going to be the same company ethos from GOA giving average (at best) customer support until something goes wrong and then blindly ignoring it while the masses suffer. Anyone recall them ever saying sorry for doing something wrong or admitting to a mistake? How are the XML databases holding up; any word when they're going to be fixed etc? ;) Zero communication when it matters the most.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Didn't Mythic say that Goa would have the same level as access as them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom