Warhammer Demo In UK 2007

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ok,

This is for Goa. Will they be demoing the product in the UK this year, since it has had already this year/last year demos in Germany and France.

Or will it be shown by Games Workshop in the Games Day in September 23rd in Birmingham?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I would imagine GW will be demoing it in the UK, being a UK company.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We demoed the game at Gamesday in Birmingham last year, we'll be doing the same again this year and there may be other opportunities as well.

Tilda

As Req said, it was goa who did the demo last year at games day, and a good day it was.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
We demoed the game at Gamesday in Birmingham last year, we'll be doing the same again this year and there may be other opportunities as well.

Still got my WAR tshirt! Damn worth the wait that was :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
On the demo front, is there going to be a better queuing system for it? me and a few friends seemed to wait ages in the queue with no real movement.... and its bad when all the teenagers are sweating :(

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie

Req, you really need to expand the demo opportunities. Word of mouth is going to be alo stronger this time. But this is not a good time to be complacent.

PS - Please get your web guys to test there stuff more. Not allowing enough room for 7 character post codes is a beginner mistake on the Euro Beta Signup is just abit of amateur hour again.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
You still owe me lunch!

you still owe me high population on dyvet!

(joke:p! ITS A JOKE NOW LAUGH MWHUAHAHAHAHA)

righty, anychance things like that actually come to holland / danmark or whatever?

europe doesnt only excist of france germany and england u know

Cin

Fledgling Freddie
Gamesday

Any updates on gamedays then from GOA, US have had baltimore, do get anything... preferably in ireland :D

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
What about the event in Germany on August the 5th that's mentioned on Mythic's webbie?

I'm guessing/hoping WAR will be showcased - any English-speaking demoers going (GOA/Mythic)?

Not that Germany is close, but chances of getting any similar event in Scandinavia would be zero at best.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
0++++++ Like the chances of an event in Bologna or Madrid, the only 2 places i could catch it :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
what about goa wakes up and see's that europe is bigger then france and the UK.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We plan to be at every European Gamesday as well as all the big European tradeshows such as Leipzig. Remember that Gamesdays are organised by Games Workshop and so they are in countries where they have a large fanbase for their tabletop products. There are several US Gamesdays simply because the US is so huge it would be impossible to cater for all American fans with only one show.

In addition we're looking at other shows that we haven't exhibited at before to see how feasible it would be to demo there. While we'd love to turn up to smaller games conventions and the like often it simply isn't possible for various reasons - for example we were planning to take DAoC to Gencon UK a couple of years ago but had to scrap that plan when we found the convention hall had no internet access.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
what about goa wakes up and see's that europe is bigger then france and the UK.

The Uk doesn't actually get any events. Its Germany and France. Leipzig and Paris I believe for DAOC. The Gamesworkshop event in Birmingham this year will be an opportunity I think.

But not sure if any gameshows in London will be getting a look in.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Will be at Gamesday in Birmingham again this year having a mini guild meetup there, yeah we're all geeks tell me something I don`t know :)

HansMortis

Fledgling Freddie
In addition we're looking at other shows that we haven't exhibited at before to see how feasible it would be to demo there.

I guess it's "too soon" for a demo, but the biggest lan event in Spain (6k players) will be on 3-4 weeks...

If you want to check it out, Campus Party 2007

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
We plan to be at every European Gamesday as well as all the big European tradeshows such as Leipzig. Remember that Gamesdays are organised by Games Workshop and so they are in countries where they have a large fanbase for their tabletop products. There are several US Gamesdays simply because the US is so huge it would be impossible to cater for all American fans with only one show.

In addition we're looking at other shows that we haven't exhibited at before to see how feasible it would be to demo there. While we'd love to turn up to smaller games conventions and the like often it simply isn't possible for various reasons - for example we were planning to take DAoC to Gencon UK a couple of years ago but had to scrap that plan when we found the convention hall had no internet access.

Requiel, you plan to be at Memoribilia (sp?) show? I know a few MMOs in the past have gone there (like City of heroes) and got a lot of coverage from it.

If you need anything, give me a shout.

Are all the GMs coming over for the GamesDay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom