Warhammer Char Comp To Daoc.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so im guessing some charecters are simular to daoc? or not i dunno im guessing your either a mage and blow things up magicly or you are a weapon using geezer with more blades than a mach 4 turbo razor?
in daoc a stealther /rogish class would not stand up to fighting a non stealther tank of simular rank so how ability wise does a rogue fair in this game? any ability descriptions anywhere as i cant find much info on this chars specs.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
You wont find anything on Rogues/Stealthers because they REFUSED to make Griefer classes.

You have the following Archtypes.

Tank - Like a warrior/armsman
DPS - Like a Merc/BM
Hybrid - Shaman/Druid etc
Ranged - Ranger/Fire Wizard

A Tank in equal gear should be able to beat a DPS class, it's not (rock beats scissors), but I think they have a bloody good change, but a DPS will do well against a Ranged class.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
No stealth in WAR

JacobsLaws.jpg

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nice snapshot, for the benefit of anyone elses eyes it says (vis a vis some punctuation-stickler alterations)

MAXIMS (Mr Jacobs's Laws)

Downtime is bad; playing is good
No invisible and invincible warriors
No AoE crowd control spells
Interrupts bad; slowing down OK
No buff bots, no long duration buffs
Create iconic signature careers
Limit the penalty from death

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Yup...gonna be great ^^

No stealth...hmmm...will be the first MMO I play (I've played 2...ok not a recordholder) without stealth. Stealth is silly. Good thing I think! :D

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
STEALTH IS GOOD!!! Its only coz casters QQ whine about being poped on with there di3 bot and insta casting for stupid dmges that make them QQ.
stealth V stealth is fun i think. but it could be implemented in a way that allows them to play against certain criteria such as hunt mode that when flagged means that a caster may know that they are within 30 second sprint area or something and a flag mode that stops grped! folk attacking them if in combat with another non grped player. to truly make it solo class. ah what ever cba proly wont play who as its like daoc in sense it is going to die fast due to zergs and fotm help support etc:p

TBH i should read more about game as i tihnk i got totaly wrong 1st impression.

dark elf light elf are clases? and they are in 2 realms? or 4 realms ? i dunno how it works QQ too tired:p
somone explain to me:p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shame about the interrupt system tho ;/

meh all interrupts lead to is huge damage - if someone's useless when interrpted they have to be correspondingly much better when not interrupted...

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Been looking at some stuff and i like the look of the Dark elfs..this game basicly has 2 realms with 3 armies in each? within armies are difrent clases?
Order is an aliance of 3 armies does that mean you cant attack dwarfs if you are a high elf or empire player?

mythic site says there is a darkelf-witch and 3 others but 1 has no info and the other 2 say still to come? am i looking at an old site?
Does dark elfs have healers / roguish class? im guessing the witch is like a vampire?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Been looking at some stuff and i like the look of the Dark elfs..this game basicly has 2 realms with 3 armies in each? within armies are difrent clases?
Order is an aliance of 3 armies does that mean you cant attack dwarfs if you are a high elf or empire player?

mythic site says there is a darkelf-witch and 3 others but 1 has no info and the other 2 say still to come? am i looking at an old site?
Does dark elfs have healers / roguish class? im guessing the witch is like a vampire?

They have not released info about all Dark elf classes yet.

Range dps and healer classes are still to come.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
BUT THEY HAVE BETA? that to me suggests they are trying all clases ? or just testing those that are done curently and then there will be another beta for the new clases?

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
STEALTH IS GOOD!!! Its only coz casters QQ whine about being poped on with there di3 bot and insta casting for stupid dmges that make them QQ.

Nah not really, I think stealth takes the speed out of the game. If you can't see eachother, you can't find eachother. If you can't find eachother, you can't fight. Boooooooriiiiiing.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Nah not really, I think stealth takes the speed out of the game. If you can't see eachother, you can't find eachother. If you can't find eachother, you can't fight. Boooooooriiiiiing.

As a stealther it was nice to be able to be alive and watch some grps fight without being wtfpwned, unless poped. :england:

i look forward to a new mmorpg that includes a stealth class simular to daoc.

although i hesitate to say i like the idea of a darkelf witch thingy sounds auwfuly like a vampir:D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Uhh, no. There is stuff like anticipation which let's you know where you enemy could be, without seeing him.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Uhh, no. There is stuff like anticipation which let's you know where you enemy could be, without seeing him.

No, they're called bottlenecks, like the bridges and near the docs in Daoc. No real anticipation. Still boring...even if it was anticipation.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you can be stealthy without having "OMGZ I'M INVISIBLE", go hide behind a rock :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
No, they're called bottlenecks, like the bridges and near the docs in Daoc. No real anticipation. Still boring...even if it was anticipation.

First no one can't find each other, taking speed out of the game, now everyone is at the bottleneck. I am confused.

For me, a proper stealth system as a major benefit to a game. Obviously most of the fantasy MMOs completly fubar it by giving stealth classes high(est) DPS.

There are some games with a nice system though, like EVE, where stealth class ships have weaknesses and cloaking devices on normal ships give the other ships disadvantages too. And you still can find with stealthed ships, they are invisible with normal view, but findable with scanners.

Marc Jacobs sounds like a man who made a lot of mistakes in DAoC and didn't want to fix them. Now he is going to make a lot of other mistakes, just different ones.

Invicibility and invisibility are nothing wrong per se, some enjoy to play a Paladin that can't be taken down easily or running invisible, just don't couple them with other powerful features.

No interrupts? Why? Interrupt the interrupter and don't make the interrupter also the best nuker/pet class/plate wearer. Just taking another possible of enjoying a game out.

No AoE CC? Ah cool, how does a PvE-party of 4-6 fight against 30-40 mobs? Why shouldn't an earthquake spell have the chance to knock off all enemies? Why shouldn't some enemies be immune to knock off or stun or mezz?

Again, MJ sounds like a burned kid, not really fixing the design/issues but completly trying to avoid any related mistakes by taking the feature out.

Will be a nice war of health bars.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
First no one can't find each other, taking speed out of the game, now everyone is at the bottleneck. I am confused.

Yes there are bottlenecks which give stealthers any chance of finding a victim, thing is, he finds his victim, kills it, and further along a group misses his druid for instance. Then they have to wait on their druid. So yes, it slows the game down for people who actually try and play the game with skill (8 vs 8) then just the simple gank-teh-poor-ickle-helpless-caster/druid/tevr.

For me, a proper stealth system as a major benefit to a game. Obviously most of the fantasy MMOs completly fubar it by giving stealth classes high(est) DPS.

This has always been beyond me...Stealth (major benefit) AND highest DPS (major benefit)...seems silly to me. Put highest DPS in one class...and hey....basically, if you have 1 DPS class, you can do without stealth, as they do in WAR. Niiiiice.

There are some games with a nice system though, like EVE, where stealth class ships have weaknesses and cloaking devices on normal ships give the other ships disadvantages too. And you still can find with stealthed ships, they are invisible with normal view, but findable with scanners.

So we should have ships with scanners in WAR? I guess stealth isn't always bad, could work, although the idea you discribe here doesn't appeal to me at all. But that's just me ofcourse. Still no good argument to do have stealth in WAR imo.

...<snip>...
Invicibility and invisibility are nothing wrong per se, some enjoy to play a Paladin that can't be taken down easily or running invisible, just don't couple them with other powerful features.

Paladins were the most annoying class in WoW. Not only did they not die, they also had the nasty habbit of trying to deal damage. Thinking they dealt it, while actually it was a mage standing behind them. It was also a class that attracted the annoying kids...very irritating. I don't approve of classes with such high survivability...and nothing else decent to do. It's just what they do: live...gawd talk about imba.

No interrupts? Why? Interrupt the interrupter and don't make the interrupter also the best nuker/pet class/plate wearer. Just taking another possible of enjoying a game out.

What was said about no interrupts in the first place: if you cannot interrupt a caster, the caster wouldn't need a bonus for when he's not interrupted. Creating imba damage classes and other problems. No interrupts also enhance the game-experience of the caster. Slow-downs are good.

No AoE CC? Ah cool, how does a PvE-party of 4-6 fight against 30-40 mobs? Why shouldn't an earthquake spell have the chance to knock off all enemies? Why shouldn't some enemies be immune to knock off or stun or mezz?

You haven't been paying attention have you? We're not here to fight mobs and PvE, this game is about RvR. Besides, 30-40 mobs is game design. Mythic can make it doable if you want an epic fight against mobs. For instance make "control-orbs" which you can click and "mezz" alot of mobs with. Just for instance. Your lack of immagination and gamedesign-understanding astonishes me.

Sounds to me you should play something else than WAR.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yes there are bottlenecks which give stealthers any chance of finding a victim, thing is, he finds his victim, kills it, and further along a group misses his druid for instance. Then they have to wait on their druid. So yes, it slows the game down for people who actually try and play the game with skill (8 vs 8) then just the simple gank-teh-poor-ickle-helpless-caster/druid/tevr.

This has always been beyond me...Stealth (major benefit) AND highest DPS (major benefit)...seems silly to me. Put highest DPS in one class...and hey....basically, if you have 1 DPS class, you can do without stealth, as they do in WAR. Niiiiice.

So we should have ships with scanners in WAR? I guess stealth isn't always bad, could work, although the idea you discribe here doesn't appeal to me at all. But that's just me ofcourse. Still no good argument to do have stealth in WAR imo.

Paladins were the most annoying class in WoW. Not only did they not die, they also had the nasty habbit of trying to deal damage. Thinking they dealt it, while actually it was a mage standing behind them. It was also a class that attracted the annoying kids...very irritating. I don't approve of classes with such high survivability...and nothing else decent to do. It's just what they do: live...gawd talk about imba.

What was said about no interrupts in the first place: if you cannot interrupt a caster, the caster wouldn't need a bonus for when he's not interrupted. Creating imba damage classes and other problems. No interrupts also enhance the game-experience of the caster. Slow-downs are good.

You haven't been paying attention have you? We're not here to fight mobs and PvE, this game is about RvR. Besides, 30-40 mobs is game design. Mythic can make it doable if you want an epic fight against mobs. For instance make "control-orbs" which you can click and "mezz" alot of mobs with. Just for instance. Your lack of immagination and gamedesign-understanding astonishes me.

Sounds to me you should play something else than WAR.

So will Warhamer be a pro game with pro gamers, ladders and stuff where ganking Druids will not be tolerated because it lowers their RPs/h?

And will Warhammer be a AoE CC-less game because they 8 vs 8 skill people can't deal with it?

I'll spare you from other questions.

:touch:

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
So will Warhamer be a pro game with pro gamers, ladders and stuff where ganking Druids will not be tolerated because it lowers their RPs/h?

And will Warhammer be a AoE CC-less game because they 8 vs 8 skill people can't deal with it?

I don't really understand your first question; all I said was, about stealth, the reason why it slows down the game. Doesn't mean it slows down RPs/h (it does but it's not the point), slowing down the game makes it boring. MMO's aren't the fastest of games by nature, so you need to do everything you can to keep up the pase.

8 vs 8 is all about AoE CC, so if anyone can cope with that, it's 8 vs 8 players...again not really understanding the question.

Thanks for sparing the rest ;)

bult

Loyal Freddie
I really dislike the fact that they have removed some of the core things that made daoc 8vs8 SOOOOOOOOO much better then wow group pvp. The interupt system was annoying at times but it really added gameplay. Take something like ressing in combat, its one of the things that really set daoc pvp appart from WoW pvp, it prolonged the fight and made it alot more intense. If there is no interupting you most likely wont have any ressing either. The interupt system forced you to have a constant awareness of your enemies, awesome stuff imo. AoE CC might sound overpowered but it really wasnt in daoc, many counters and it also required you to be awake at all times constantly on the edge spinning your camera around like a madman.

Septina

Part of the furniture
No AoE CC and the interrupt system really sounds like total shite to me. :(
Always loved playing CC classes in daoc and being the interrupt bot of the group, getting good positions to disable enemy support casters etc.
Time will tell tho i guess but sounds really really boring. :/

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Always loved playing CC classes in daoc and being the interrupt bot of the group, getting good positions to disable enemy support casters etc.

Idd this was the good stuff for the 8V8'ers and such, s'pose the zergers hated this though and voted against something like this :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

it's fun for you, not much fun for anyone else ;)

I'm sure there'll be similar roles in WAR just won't be quite the same level of "you stand there and stare at the sky for 30s" or "you run around unable to cast till you die" :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH

Well interupts are still in via stuns knockdowns etc, but since you cant interupt 2-3 people at the same time you have to choose your targets abit more carefully.

Positioning still seemed important in the demo @ Gamesday esspecially with Collision detection.

There is still alot of scope for tatical play, just it wont be using alot of the same tatics that were used in DAOC, which probably tbh is a good thing. Having a whole fresh scope of options to think about, rather a rehash of old tatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom