Warhammer 40K

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Very cool news. As Sir Bruce talked about a while ago... it's odd that, movie wise, there have been very, very few acclaimed Fantasy movies in the past decade. Lotr was a blip on the radar. Sci-fi remains far more popular but in the mmo market, it's completely inverted.

Mmofps or typical mmorpg... Unsure :)

Bit of an aside. Black Industries (current WFRP system creators) are currently developing a PnP RPG system for WH40K, called Dark Heresy with exactly that idea in mind.

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy will be the first 40KRP game, allowing players to take on the role of an Inquisitor’s retinue. Their task is to uproot the taint of Chaos in Imperial society, to smash dark cults and foil sinister plots. It’s a game of investigation and will be an ideal introduction to the dark and gothic universe of the 41st Millennium.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Very, very interesting. Pity we probably won't see it for 4 years.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
It would either have to be an mmofps (say set in the horus heresy or somewhere like armageddon), or an inquisitor/rogue trader type RPG, as Marine's would completely destabilise things!

Can you imagine it converted to a stereotypical MMORPG?

LF2M Black Library, Marine or Exarch *shudders*

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Bit apprehensive about this one.

D&D, Warhammer, LOTR etc are one thing, but for many (like myself) THIS is the big one (when Warhammer was announced I was one of those still saying "Why not 40k?" :)). Finally a mmorpg Warhammer 40k, the problem is I fear it will be poorly made and fall into obscurity like most of the other mmorpg franchise cash-ins to date.

Here's hoping they crack the mould with this one and make it live up to the standards demanded by 40k.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
I actualy thought mythic would of had the sence to get 40k aswell, its the obviouse sequal to AoR, and we all know what EA are like with sequals

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I actualy thought mythic would of had the sence to get 40k aswell, its the obviouse sequal to AoR, and we all know what EA are like with sequals

I think WH40k and WH are very seperate licenses tbh. Considering the damn fine job THQ did with DoW it dosen't suprise me that Games Workshop have given full licence rights to them.

rynnor

Rockhound
Bit of an aside. Black Industries (current WFRP system creators) are currently developing a PnP RPG system for WH40K, called Dark Heresy with exactly that idea in mind.

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy will be the first 40KRP game, allowing players to take on the role of an Inquisitor’s retinue. Their task is to uproot the taint of Chaos in Imperial society, to smash dark cults and foil sinister plots. It’s a game of investigation and will be an ideal introduction to the dark and gothic universe of the 41st Millennium.

Interesting - I personally adapted WH40K to PnP roleplaying about 15 years ago - pretty easy if you base it on the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay rules - purely because I so loved the backstory.

Lost technology, Warp fiends, Genetic Mutations, The Horus Heresy and the crippled godlike Emporer perpetually suspended between life and death...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom