Games Warhammer 40K MMO in 2012!

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds awesome. Ever since Warhammer: Age of Reckoning was announced I was slightly annoyed - yet another damn fantasy MMO - why didn't they go for W40K? Now they did - very good news.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sounds awesome. Ever since Warhammer: Age of Reckoning was announced I was slightly annoyed - yet another damn fantasy MMO - why didn't they go for W40K? Now they did - very good news.

aye, thats what i thought to. a 40k MMO wold be great. i'm just scared it will lose its 40k touch like DoW2 did for me :/

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
And no Mythic.

And now we wait till 2012 for the "Why didn't they give this to Mythic?" whinges when whoever they give it to screws it up.

Seriously though, can't wait for this one :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Sounds cool. But the developer, Vigil games has not developed any MMO earlier...

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Well, they can always log into WoW to get the basic idea of how a modern mainstream MMO should look... :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
could be a good thing aswell tho uncron maybe they will be inovative ect.

taB

Part of the furniture
Still got the old rpg rulebook in an attic somewhere :). Was awesome as although had some stuff about models, it had loads of back story and mythology with great pics too!

This and the World of Darkness MMO from CCP look good for the future.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yup. WoD mmo indeed. :)

I've had a look at the Dark Heresy PnP rulebook, pretty good stuff. Hit a guy with a critical in the head and the people around may be blinded by the fountain of blood.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
could be a good thing aswell tho uncron maybe they will be inovative ect.

no they wont, they will all be playing WoW/EQ2/AoC and Warhammer and copy shit ideas from those games, implement them badly and then crash a year or 2 later.

optimistic aint i?

Aada

Part of the furniture
40k = guns right?

Guns haven't worked so well in any MMORPG i can recall so far with the exception of Planetside tbh.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
40k = guns right?

Guns haven't worked so well in any MMORPG i can recall so far with the exception of Planetside tbh.

guns and robots and tanks :)

man i wanna play as a space marine robot (not the terminators) :)

pick someone up with one arm and roast it gently with the other, then off for a picknick :p

taB

Part of the furniture
633495988526210130-drive-me-closer.jpg

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Must admit i'm quite interested in this one having been a die-hard fan of the tabletop back when i was a teenager.

Lethul

FH is my second home
40k = guns right?

I think thats mainly down to everyone who knows what they are doing have been doing fantasy games so far. Why try something different when they can cash in on a sure deal?

I see no reason why guns shouldn't work. It could even add actual player skill in trying to hit different parts instead of pushing the style/ability button :) (i know games already had this in more or less successful ways!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom