Warder Zerg's

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
6,943
I mean come on. What did all you shiny rr10 rvr gankgroups expect to happen after a while when people realised they had no hope of taking you down 1v1?

rr1-3 people need to get rp's too, and as rvr guilds now have groups in just about every zone there is only 1 way for people who havent the time or arent in the rvr guilds.....numbers.

I seriously can't understand how you didnt see this coming, did you expect everyone else to just provide low rr fodder groups for you or what?

( And I'm not one of the zergers before you start, I don't go to the frontiers anymore as its very tedious, most of my RvR these days is in DF as its still good to run solo in there)
 

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
582
Shagrat said:
I mean come on. What did all you shiny rr10 rvr gankgroups expect to happen after a while when people realised they had no hope of taking you down 1v1?
2-2.5FG rr2-3 is a good fight. 6fg and among them several RR10-11 casters however, is not.
 

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
2,047
He does have a point though, a random group will never be able to compete with guild groups if fighting with equal numbers (which is how it should be imo atleast) - so the only way for them to be 'competative' is to zerg... or maybe to make an RvR guild of their own, but most of those only last a week or so.

imo all guild groups should go to Odins, Soloers bugger off to Hadrian's and leave emain for 'teh zergin noobs' like me... if i could actually play DAoC at the moment that is :(
 

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,103
no one minds 1-2 low rr groups ganging up against 1 good grp

but as stubbe said

6-7 is a big jump
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
Agree, its perfectly suitable for low rr people to go in 2fg, maybe even 3fg depending on situation. I would certainly rather zerg than be a rp cow.
 

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,440
don't think any decent rvr player will deny 1fg low rr players has more or less no chance vs an rvr guild, nor will they deny that they should run in 2-3fg to give a decent fight. But there's a huge diff between 2-3fg and 6fg+ as stubbe said
 

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
1,600
Ok the way i see it, simialr to stubbe's and feds opinion.
1fg decent GG is,so say like vgn dh np etc. 2FG of an enemy gg is usually way to much if they are the better ones of each realm, so like la+vgn is overpowering. While on their own we get a good fair fight.

1fg of randoms is a joke and they have no real chance of beating a expericned rvr gg. however in alb atleast there are some grps that contain players from rvr guilds, like its not uncommon to see a grp with people from NO,FC,BF etc which are actually pretty high rr but not a gg. There is no need for these to roam in 2fg as they know what they are doing, usually ;)

Ild say that 2-3fg of low rr randoms e.g brehons and vaktens is equal to 1 experienced gg and that usually produced a good fight. however anything above that and its gg usually for the gg. the problem is its either 1 extreme or the other so like 1fg of randoms to trounce over or 10fg to zerg u bak to sauvage.
 

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
373
Givz more 2(3 really max) fg rr3's... It often gives a good fight (although 3 for us is a bit at the edge of max)...

But when its a fg of rr3's 'supported' by a group rr7-11, then the fun is gone... We had that crap a couple of times this week in odin, 2-3 fg with several rr7+ in it is a bitch, definitly if some of the high rr are support classes like bard / druid...
Dont go with 30-50 peeps though (like a lot this week in odin)... If your with these numbers, try to split up a bit, I cant see the fun in camping a MG with that amount for hours on end...
 

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,305
Shagrat said:
I mean come on. What did all you shiny rr10 rvr gankgroups expect to happen after a while when people realised they had no hope of taking you down 1v1?

rr1-3 people need to get rp's too, and as rvr guilds now have groups in just about every zone there is only 1 way for people who havent the time or arent in the rvr guilds.....numbers.

I seriously can't understand how you didnt see this coming, did you expect everyone else to just provide low rr fodder groups for you or what?

( And I'm not one of the zergers before you start, I don't go to the frontiers anymore as its very tedious, most of my RvR these days is in DF as its still good to run solo in there)
Poeple will continue to grp or zerg or straff or fart in combat, only the leet here seem to be bothered by it and since they are seriously in the minority it makes me wonder why they still try to whine about it.

People whining about unfair combat really should get a life imho.

This isnt a game of checkers, the intention is effectivly to kill the enemy, I dont recall seeing in the CoC that one must "Slap the opponents face with a white glove from the right hand three times in a 'right to left manner'"

Get a grip people, let the people that pay for their subs actually determine how THEY want to play not how you THINK it should be played.
 

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,337
Tay said:
Poeple will continue to grp or zerg or straff or fart in combat, only the leet here seem to be bothered by it and since they are seriously in the minority it makes me wonder why they still try to whine about it.

People whining about unfair combat really should get a life imho.

This isnt a game of checkers, the intention is effectivly to kill the enemy, I dont recall seeing in the CoC that one must "Slap the opponents face with a white glove from the right hand three times in a 'right to left manner'"

Get a grip people, let the people that pay for their subs actually determine how THEY want to play not how you THINK it should be played.
I pay my subs. I want to have fair fights and not get zerged. Owned tbh!
 

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
239
I think building up 1.5-2FG roughly balanced grp's mostly consisting of random RvR's and lower rr is good way to increase the RvR activity in any realm. There is simply no way you can expect a low rr FG of casual RvR players to match up against the hardcore grp's. However going in anything more than 3fg's I think is a bit over the top, but for realm defence etc it's often called for. With 2fg's you can coordinate good enough to get some experience of what to do, but in bigger numbers it usually tends to boil down to chaos. Having said that I think ppl should play the game the way they want. I for one don't mind bigger figths consisting of several fg's, but ofc not all the time.
 

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
582
Tay said:
Get a grip people, let the people that pay for their subs actually determine how THEY want to play not how you THINK it should be played.
I think my biggest problem is that I refuse to believe that someone can actually enjoy sitting at amg in 8fg and killing the odd FG who wander in for 20 rps. Which in turn means they're not playing how they WANT to play, but rather playing what the circumstances has to offer, just like everyone else.
 

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
494
stubbe said:
I think my biggest problem is that I refuse to believe that someone can actually enjoy sitting at amg in 8fg and killing the odd FG who wander in for 20 rps. Which in turn means they're not playing how they WANT to play, but rather playing what the circumstances has to offer, just like everyone else.
winning is fun
 

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
54
Shagrat said:
I mean come on. What did all you shiny rr10 rvr gankgroups expect to happen after a while when people realised they had no hope of taking you down 1v1?

rr1-3 people need to get rp's too, and as rvr guilds now have groups in just about every zone there is only 1 way for people who havent the time or arent in the rvr guilds.....numbers.

I seriously can't understand how you didnt see this coming, did you expect everyone else to just provide low rr fodder groups for you or what?

( And I'm not one of the zergers before you start, I don't go to the frontiers anymore as its very tedious, most of my RvR these days is in DF as its still good to run solo in there)
You know people zerged before RA's and RR10 grps, the zergs arent something new which came with gankgrps..?

And I agree that randoms should go 2-3fgs, just not 5+..

ps Tay: every realm whine about zerging, so all realms are leet then? :p
 

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
78
I think the bigger zergs are caused by portal keep camping.

Think about it, portal keep camping forces individual groups to accumulate in the same spot (the portal keep). Each group knows it cannot enter the zone without dying so they all wait together and move out as one. If groups had relative safety up to the mile gate, more would roam around in smaller numbers.

Talifer
 

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
468
Talifer said:
I think the bigger zergs are caused by portal keep camping.

Think about it, portal keep camping forces individual groups to accumulate in the same spot (the portal keep). Each group knows it cannot enter the zone without dying so they all wait together and move out as one. If groups had relative safety up to the mile gate, more would roam around in smaller numbers.

Talifer
And if that would happen, all enemies would be at milegate and you can't get through, so you wait and move as one and go right back where we started.
 

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
1,031
A random grp can easily be as good as a GG. Specially when it comes to taking on the warder zerg.

I remember a couple of months back our random grp (7 of us I think) took down 2-3fgs worth of alb zerg solo before getting pwned and we did it 2-3 times. This was a random grp of RR1-4's of mainly mages.

It's not about how you play together it's about how well you play your character, ofc RA's helps aswell.
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
Kicks said:
A random grp can easily be as good as a GG. Specially when it comes to taking on the warder zerg.

I remember a couple of months back our random grp (7 of us I think) took down 2-3fgs worth of alb zerg solo before getting pwned and we did it 2-3 times. This was a random grp of RR1-4's of mainly mages.

It's not about how you play together it's about how well you play your character, ofc RA's helps aswell.
Actually, i think its a lot more about how you play together. Random group can take random groups out as efficiently as a guild group but random groups are never even close as good vs good guild groups.
 

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,332
zerg here and zerg there... should make a zerg-section on FH =O
 

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
239
Kicks said:
A random grp can easily be as good as a GG. Specially when it comes to taking on the warder zerg.

I remember a couple of months back our random grp (7 of us I think) took down 2-3fgs worth of alb zerg solo before getting pwned and we did it 2-3 times. This was a random grp of RR1-4's of mainly mages.

It's not about how you play together it's about how well you play your character, ofc RA's helps aswell.
A random grp will "never" be as good as a hardcore guild grp that play toghter more or less every day of the week. Teamwork is what matters, and to be the best it takes loads of playtime getting to know eachother.

I really don't think that "this one time at bandcamp" counts.

Imho its all about how you play toghter and coordination. Yes, the hardcore guilds have really good players as well, but still, it's their ability to work as a team that make them so though. You can be as good as you want individually, but if the teamwork suck, then the grp will suck - period.
 

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
1,355
haha... won't toa be fun when the same ppl who are rr10 ggs now are ml 10 etc
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom