Wardens now-a-days?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Me and some alb guildies decided to reroll hib, since you guys are so underpopulated and we got tired of the zerg ;P

So we just rolled hib and we are all lvl 5 atm! Gonna get pl'd to lvl20 and then it's the good ol' fashion way to lvl 50! :D

Personally I rolled a warden since I've always thought it was one of the most, interresting classes of the game.. But I know very little of these in pve and in rvr!

Guessing I have to go full nurture while pve'ing to get bladeturn(we are making a pbae grp to lvl faster) and then rest in regrowth to back up heals?

As for the rvr part, I don't even know how to spec! I am gonna be support in the grp and not a battle warden, so been look at this spec: 49nurt, 42shield and 32reg which leaves me with 7pts I can put in either blades or parry..

Any help and input is very much appreciated :)

Cya and thanks!

Mombasher

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Hi and welcome :)

I think you should go 48 nurture, 33 regrowth and 42 shield. The second last spec heal will do you better than the last energy resist buff. While xping a warden can easily be a "tank", so you could spec a bit differently while xping. Atleast centuries ago when i xped my warden i remember being in the good old pbae grps and actually meleeing stuff :) - Well it depends on ur grp setup i guess..

CorNokZ

Well atm, we have 2elds for pbae, a champ, a bm, 2 druids and me as warden..

And thx for the tip on the spec.. You might be right :D

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Can't help you on the warden info, but as another alb thats come across notice you only got 7 ppl in your group? if you have a use for a 27 hero at some point in your lvl'ng give me a shout on here or on moofasa in game, solo'ng gets really tiresome :(

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:

Oh well, you can just go high nurture and go /stick /afk with pbt like i used to do when xping ;)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Oh well, you can just go high nurture and go /stick /afk with pbt like i used to do when xping ;)

sound like mincers in the old days with power song and then /afk to lvl 50 ;p

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
dont listen to mastade just cos hes rr11 dont mean he knows alot about wardens! :(

<3

CorNokZ

Mastade said:

That was what I was thinking high nurt and shield for pbt and guard? :D

Good to get advice from a rr11 warden :clap:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:

Assuming your goal is rvr as a group, a bard is essential.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Mufasa said:
Can't help you on the warden info, but as another alb thats come across notice you only got 7 ppl in your group? if you have a use for a 27 hero at some point in your lvl'ng give me a shout on here or on moofasa in game, solo'ng gets really tiresome :(

Tiresome? Heh, I have some toons and quite alot of tanks and tbh I solo my Hero all the way to 50 and tbh it's the most fun tank i ever played xD

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
As a Battlemaster (ML8+) Support Warden 48 Nurt, 33 Regr, 42 Shield will serve you best. Rest best in Blades for the Taunt (Blunt is 8 and not possible with this spec).

Wardens are mainly tanks in PvE plus the healing after a fight or when all hell breaks loose. As such having high Nurture helps (also caps the buffs which is helpful). Regrowth 16 should be a goal at level 20 to have the 30% rez just in case.
It also helps to have a good level in Regrowth for the occasional focus puller group. Bringing grapes for the pet is optional.

Wardens have many tools in RvR and most are just so. But overall the warden has good utility, just nothing outstanding that makes the class a must-have in RvR groups.
RvR-wise you can be at the front chasing support/healers and with the Power Sap and End Sap styles from BM create a very good nuisance. Just don't hope to kill someone. That's what tanks are for. Occasionally it happens - consider it more an accident than a standard occasion.

If you have a pbaoe in your group then it is wise to coordinate with this char for Bodyguard. A chanter can reduce hordes of enemies in short time.

Another option is to stand between caster (or near them), heal as support (drags enemies like flies especially if you use a small shield), then whip out the weapon and let the chanter do his work.

It all depends a bit how your group works. The warden, while not outstanding in any job, is able to do anything but casting (and no, CL abilities won't do the job other than getting the agro of guards - IF you hurt them).

A nice thing to remember is level 40 PB Heal Proc. It procs quite often, is nearly up all the time and works while you fight. Comes in handy in tower fights as its radius is quite close.

While the health regen is not that useful (other than the very rare instance where it makes a difference in PvE) it acts as a very good timer reminder for the end redux (your real friend when styling BM styles) and the self haste.

One last word on PBT. Very useful in PvE and probably the most important thing other than beer/tea/drinks aside from damage dealers its value in RvR is somewhat reduced.
It can save up to 1500 points of damage (arrows) but no one will see it. This is the main crux with the ability. If nobody gets hurt, nobody notices.
In addition it willl drain your power pool like nothing else.

As a support warden MCL, Serenity 2 (counters PBT to some extent) are a must. Other than that TWF2 should be high on the list. After that passives, MoBlock and VR are nice to have. If you chase often, Long Wind 1 or 2 are useful.

Oh, and yes, get a bard. Boring to play in PvE this is the most critical class in RvR.

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
Tiresome? Heh, I have some toons and quite alot of tanks and tbh I solo my Hero all the way to 50 and tbh it's the most fun tank i ever played xD

Well solo'ng always gets tiresome tbh given a choice i think most would choose to be grouped in pve rather than solo, even just for someone to talk to. Thought vamp was fun to solo to 50 with but thats just because it's op'd and has no downtime :)

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
one of u should rly think about rolling a bard :) Then u can roxor as a grp in rvr and just pick up another dmg dealer or warden :)

CorNokZ

heh, I know a bard is the core of a rvr grp, and I didn't mention it because one of us alrdy has a lvl50 one :)

Only mentioned what we are gonna use in our pve grp ;P

ruw

Fledgling Freddie
agree ! :)

but a bard would benefit your grp for pve aswell, end/PS considering you dont have a fopper that is :)

GL

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
always makes me laugh when i hear the word re-rolling tbh i mean no matter what we do albs will never give up zerging and will keep gettin spys everywere out tbh

might sound harsh but gotten to much examples alrdy lately :(

CorNokZ

gravedigger said:
always makes me laugh when i hear the word re-rolling tbh i mean no matter what we do albs will never give up zerging and will keep gettin spys everywere out tbh

might sound harsh but gotten to much examples alrdy lately :(

Busted :( We only rolled hib to spy on you guys.. Might aswell packup and go back to our sorcs..

:touch:

We rolled hib to get away from the zerg, there were nothing to kill with a zillion albs everywhere you go :m00:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Other thing prolly worth going perfector till pve out the way. Doesn't hurt the guy with FoH being a blockbot. As pve goes at least, not too bad fun to exp, bit of slam spamming, guard switching etc, and backup heals.

The pbaoe heal proc is pretty funny in the MLs, 100 peeps healed for 120 and insta bossmob aggro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom