Warden Specs

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
43
Hey all,

im thinking about starting a warden as Stealth classes will most likley die for the time being with ToA, Just looking at a few specs....

Was thinking of...

Regrowth: 16
Nurture: 36
Parry: 29
Blades: 44

But may be a bit to low on nurture/To high weapon? would the damage be okay? i also will only get low resist buffs with that spec... :s

or...

Regrowth: 32
Nurture: 49
Parry: 8
Blades: 29

What do you guys think??

Thanks

Novo
 

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
2,732
49 nurt
42 reg
13 blades, you dont need any wep spec to interrupt and your heals > the dmg you do... or the dmg you actully do by interrupting more then 1 support > the actuall damage... forget about claw its to slow ;)

Novo said:
Hey all,

im thinking about starting a warden as Stealth classes will most likley die for the time being with ToA, Just looking at a few specs....

Was thinking of...

Regrowth: 16
Nurture: 36
Parry: 29
Blades: 44

But may be a bit to low on nurture/To high weapon? would the damage be okay? i also will only get low resist buffs with that spec... :s

or...

Regrowth: 32
Nurture: 49
Parry: 8
Blades: 29

What do you guys think??

Thanks

Novo
 

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
43
looks nice but ill got 6 blade, just for taunt and 12 parry for that extra 6% chance to block a hit :)
 

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
545
Depends what u wanna do with your Warden..

Solo or group.

If your gonna solo :

50 Blunt (10 sec parry stun)
36 Nurt (for semi decent speed and 8sec pbt)
20 Parry
11 Reg (leftover for ok'ish heals)

if your gonna group :

50 Nurt
42 Reg
7 Blade
6 Parry
 

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
968
don't go 50 nurt :D get nothing from it
my spec:
49 nurt
42 reg
6 blades
8 blunt
6 or 8 parry can't seem to remember
 

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
43
thanks guys,
i think ill go for the 49 nurt, 42 reg, 6 blades, 12 parry...

seems good to me, got nothing to fight with but got my end chant to get away with :)
 

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
319
i run with 49 nur, 17 reg, 34 blu, 22 par.
what i will say is look at the natures wall forums it gives some good advice there.
wardens are also getting a nerf in TOA with pbt with a 2.5 sec retimer between pulses (so unless you you are lucky and get timing right you have fun with the pbt timing it goes more indepth on natures wall)

with this spec i can heal ok and solo reds and low purps. i will advise that the lost seed weapon for wardens is rather nice.
 

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
135
If you go with the high regrowth spec you might consider putting blades to 8 for the detaunt ;)
 

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
916
49 Nurture
33 Regrowth
21 Blades (for block style so i have parry and block openers)
Rest parry (20 i think, cant remember offhand)

(all points used)

Was my origional spec and have never considered changing it, works great for me :)

The only way i will ever respec is if wardens get shield spec :)
 

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
192
Well wiff ToA soon here maybe peeps opt a bit more for PvE.

49/33 is the most allround spec imo.

49/42 is my spec but diff story ofc.
 

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
136
I had Sheph's spec when I started, but it was too boring too quickly. No use as a tank either.

I had 49 nurt, 16 reg, 39 blades, rest parry. That was ok, but I was crap as a healer. Did okay damage as assist tank.

Then I went 45 nurt, 33 reg, 34 blades, rest parry. Because of my realm rank, RR's and SC suit, I heal for 460 (and up to 900+ with a crit) and do quite nice damage. Got a nice blade to go with it, and now that Return Blade is off parry, I style tons and kill stuff in PvE quite fast & can solo quite ok in RvR. Downtime isn't long thnx to heals, serenity and end song.

Thinking of going 49 nurt, 26 reg, 34 blades, rest parry now. Heals will be noticable worse, but since aom and boad were nerfed, warden resists are nice to have (45 nurt only gives 1 best resist and 2 second best). Alternatively I could drop blades a bit and go 49 nurt, 33 reg, 29 blades rest parry if I'm not mistaken.

The thing is - with the right RA's and spec, you can be a decent healer and do decent damage without sacrificing nurture which really is the best aspect of the warden.

Don't make a solo warden. Low nurt and high blades/parry will make you quite useless for groups and the damage you do in RvR will be extremely disappointing. Better to go for an extremely group oriented warden such as Sheph's then.
 

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
136
Xanthian said:
Depends what u wanna do with your Warden..

Solo or group.

If your gonna solo :

50 Blunt (10 sec parry stun)
36 Nurt (for semi decent speed and 8sec pbt)
20 Parry
11 Reg (leftover for ok'ish heals)

if your gonna group :

50 Nurt
42 Reg
7 Blade
6 Parry
lol those are the worst specs I've ever seen ( ;
 

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
135
Ensceptificamuralya said:
(...)
Thinking of going 49 nurt, 26 reg, 34 blades, rest parry now. Heals will be noticable worse, but since aom and boad were nerfed, warden resists are nice to have (45 nurt only gives 1 best resist and 2 second best).
That's always been my spec, and I have to say i pretty much love it. 49 nurt for highest resists is not questionable. The heals with 26 regrowth are ok, especially with some WH here and there. 34 blades gives a nice variety of styles.

As nice as it is i'm currently considering to respec to 42 regrowth when TOA comes, since the 40% end-reduction buff might be _very_ nice in combination with the Battlemaster MLAs, which seem to cost lots of endurance ( which would be decreased for me then ;) ). But we'll see... ;)
 

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
136
Harle said:
As nice as it is i'm currently considering to respec to 42 regrowth when TOA comes, since the 40% end-reduction buff might be _very_ nice in combination with the Battlemaster MLAs, which seem to cost lots of endurance ( which would be decreased for me then ;) ). But we'll see... ;)
I really haven't looked into the master levels yet : / I hear grapple is going to be very useful for wardens.
 

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
43
How About...

33 Regrowth
49 Nurture
25 Blades - Fireblade and Return Blade to Lunging Blade Parry Chain
14 Parry - +11 = 25... +5%?? Base Parry.... 17.5% chance to parry... shouldnt be to bad?
 

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
968
25 blades not worth it imo
33 reg 49 nurt 21 weapon 20 parry is a great spec
parry is modified by dex too :D
 

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
43
but 25 blades is the last style in a parry chain.. surley thats worth it? no?
 

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
968
i have never used the parry chain in RVR through all my carrier, and more parry is more usefull than a parry chaiin in pve
 

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
136
Well the parry chain is nice. But imho if you take blades lower than 30ish, you might as well drop it to 6. I took blades to 34 because with +11 from SC and +6 from my realmrank, that still gets me over 50, which gives me a lot better weaponskill. Also, 34 blades has Revenging blade that I use a lot (as I get kited around, lol).

Parry is just leftover for me. I have MoParry 3, which is the same as +18 parry. So with 8 parry, 11 from SC, 6 from realm rank and MoParry 3 I still have 43 parry effectively. Dunno about the dex modifiers.
 

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
319
Ensceptificamuralya said:
I really haven't looked into the master levels yet : / I hear grapple is going to be very useful for wardens.
grapple was going to be very nice but that latest word is that they have nerfed it for the worst but it is still in testing. at the end of the day TOA will bring out some good and bad things for Wardens. Frontiers on the other hand who knows but it looks good
 

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
545
Ensceptificamuralya said:
lol those are the worst specs I've ever seen ( ;
Reccomend a better group spec..

And yes I said 50 nurt, I meant 49.. simple mistake.

If you say anything less than 33 reg for a group spec Warden you may as well make a Hero.
WARDENS ARE 'NOT' TANKS

kthx
 

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
968
Xanthian said:
If you say anything less than 33 reg for a group spec Warden you may as well make a Hero.
WARDENS ARE 'NOT' TANKS
totally agree
 

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
319
Xanthian said:
If you say anything less than 33 reg for a group spec Warden you may as well make a Hero.
WARDENS ARE 'NOT' TANKS

kthx
well i had better hope for a respec as i am only 17 reg and 34 blunts yet i manage well enough pve and rvr
 

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
545
plomien said:
well i had better hope for a respec as i am only 17 reg and 34 blunts yet i manage well enough pve and rvr
A Warden with less than 33 reg would not be of any major use to a BALANCED rvr group.

Without trying to sound leetist, gimp specs are ok for random groups, but balanced groups require a certain spec.

A Wardens job in rvr is to interupt casters/healers and also provide good heals as back up to the druid.
They are not intended to do major damage, so therefore no more than 6?7 (however much taunt is) is needed.
49 nurt is a must for resists ofc, 33 reg or 42 is upto you,
I went 33 reg as I wanted my Warden for PvE purposes and possibly to solo (heh what a joke), using the 4.4spd Claw from Galla, the damage is acceptable, but certainly not comparable to any tank.
 

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
916
Xanthian said:
A Warden with less than 33 reg would not be of any major use to a BALANCED rvr group.

Without trying to sound leetist, gimp specs are ok for random groups, but balanced groups require a certain spec.

A Wardens job in rvr is to interupt casters/healers and also provide good heals as back up to the druid.
Amen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom