OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
50 nurt ??? wtf

u dont get enything at 50 nurt specc.

You do after 1.82

Kaun_IA said:
22 reg is way to low imo

and blades spec :( only go that if u plan on use ing styles for theyr effects couse the dmg will be crap enyway

ML styles > weapon styles

25% style-end-use reduction should be enough if not just spamming EF. I never used to run ooe using the 32 reg end-reduc & that's 30% so only 5% more. I don't see the point of 33 reg any more - the heals aren't much bigger than the base heals per second & take longer to cast. Weapon spec does effect your to-hit & damage quite severely, even on ML-styles, at least according to Tombo & Neil (ex-Warden TLs).

Just trying to find possible alternatives to the ubiquitous 47/42/33 fotm slam+BG-bot spec :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
25% style-end-use reduction should be enough if not just spamming EF. I never used to run ooe using the 32 reg end-reduc & that's 30% so only 5% more. I don't see the point of 33 reg any more - the heals aren't much bigger than the base heals per second & take longer to cast. Weapon spec does effect your to-hit & damage quite severely, even on ML-styles, at least according to Tombo & Neil (ex-Warden TLs).

Just trying to find possible alternatives to the ubiquitous 47/42/33 fotm slam+BG-bot spec :D

Heh, did you read the post on Natures Wall as well about sub-30 regrowth spec?

I tend to agree that 33 regrowth simply doesn't cut the mustard in rvr anymore, and I have also considered if i was to go below 42 regrowth, going the whole-hog and dropping it to 25.

The problem with this is that your group will expect you to be able to spam BM styles till the cows come home as this is part of a wardens role, no other tank can do this which is one reason why wardens are so damn handy. Plus often you will be sprinting at the same time.

For my mind, having that top end redux means IF i was to go slam, I would be able to close the gap on my enemy faster, slam, spam some BM styles then sprint to BG a mage or healer, guard a healer or tank or slam something chasing one of my group. As a warden, i am almost always sprinting when in a fight.

Tests have been done on Pend into weapon skill and ml styles. This was a long time ago, but i think i remember the outcome was that a low weapon spec did mean you missed more often but I cannot remember how it trades-off as spec weapon increases.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Aye the thing is where do you sacrifice?

You can't have high Nurture, 41+ Regrowth & Slam.

If you want slam you have to drop Nurture &/or Regrowth.

A lot on NW seem to drop Nurture to 38 to get all the other goodies but whenever I see a L50 Warden with yellow speed etc I just feel sorry for him :(

Mostly when I heal I'm spamming group heal anyway. The spec heals are so slow as to be almost useless in RvR, on top of which they suck power like mad & you can't use them whilst BGing or fighting. So where to drop Regrowth to? It just depends on how much style-end-reduction you think you can live with IMO. 30% at 32 reg, or 25% at 22 reg.

30% SER gives you a 47/42/33 or 49/42/32 spec.
25% SER gives you a 49/42/24/21/3 or 50/42/22/21/2 spec. (or 49/42/22/21/9 if you really want more Parry i/o the better heal procs - 24 reg gives you a 45hp group heal proc, 50 Nurture gives you a 125hp pbae heal proc)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
The L33 spec heal heals for ~500 on my warden with a half decent cast speed, next patch it also gets reduced to 2.6s (1.83 that is)

So going below 33 reg is stupid imo.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
Maybe it's just me being thick but to me your talking thin air... I simply don't see how you can connect an end reduction buff and the fact that wardens gets the self end regen chant at 2 reg... what am I missing when you write... "could twist quiet easily without suffering any problems" I simply don't see the connection there...not even sure what you wanna twist... this is bollox...

maybe its a bit complicated for u, twisting is the ability to run 2-3 chants at any one time like pbt & dmg add, or end chant & dmg add plus sprint (end chant has a 4 sec rut, pbt has 12 sec rut iirc, & dmg add has 4 sec rut) & they can overlap, shud try it sometime

but like Tuorin says i dont see myself as a backup healer during fights unless its near the end and things are going well, after fights yeah np

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
I think to start im going to spec as follows:

42 Regrowth
49 Nurt
29 Shield
12 Blades
7 Parry

I'm not overly bothered about slam, sure it would be "nice" to have it, but I don't want to give up either my resist buffs or my end reduction. If I'm not BGing, I spend the start of the fight healing with the druids, until I go OOP and go on a power tap rampage. Keeping the spec heal is obviously nice for that, and hte end reduction is crucial.

90% of the tanks that will be hitting me are banelords, meaning even if I had slam, I wouldn't want to stun them. The only thing that concerns me is if 29 shield is going to be defensive enough compared with 42. I will be using 29+11, and MoB 3, which I think is probably enough, but I shall see.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Well you got engage at 10 shield .. so you aslong as you have not attacked that target you can effectively engage it, 6 sec PBT and the 29 in shield should see you ok vs the other. Presumeing engage works with BG ?

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Im gonna go with 38 nurt 42 reg 42 shield but then i dont really plan on playing alot and when i do it will probably be solo :D

Iwan

Fledgling Freddie
Think you all should spec full blades and rest blunt.
:cheers:
btw forget about the spare points :)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
K, decided goin

47 nuture
32 regrow
42 shield
12 weapon
7 parry

MoBlock3, Det3, Aug Dex2, AoM2, VR2, TWF3, Purge2

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
maybe its a bit complicated for u, twisting is the ability to run 2-3 chants at any one time like pbt & dmg add, or end chant & dmg add plus sprint (end chant has a 4 sec rut, pbt has 12 sec rut iirc, & dmg add has 4 sec rut) & they can overlap, shud try it sometime

but like Tuorin says i dont see myself as a backup healer during fights unless its near the end and things are going well, after fights yeah np

I play a bard dude... I never EVER in my post asked what "twisting" was, or why you do it... I'm not sure you read my replies through... or maybe you simply don't understand it.... My simple question was:
What does the "end reduction buff" you accuire from the Regrowth spec line have to do with your ability to "twist" chants? Because you were clearly speaking of 2 completely diffrent things when you applied your first comment that I quoted...

Well honestly if this is too difficult english for you just call it a night mmkay...

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
I play a bard dude... I never EVER in my post asked what "twisting" was, or why you do it... I'm not sure you read my replies through... or maybe you simply don't understand it.... My simple question was:
What does the "end reduction buff" you accuire from the Regrowth spec line have to do with your ability to "twist" chants? Because you were clearly speaking of 2 completely diffrent things when you applied your first comment that I quoted...

Well honestly if this is too difficult english for you just call it a night mmkay...

K let me put it in plain english for u so u can understand

1. Come 1.82 imho giving warden shield and then only 1.8 spec points per level is not enough to get a nice rounded spec
2. Therefore, we wardens will have to sacrifice something from regrow/nut spec lines in order to spec 42 in shield, if they so desire.
3. The main reason imho for speccing high in regrow is for a) the end regen buff & b) the heals.
4. Imho healing during a fight for a warden is a no no because it drops bg, yes there will b windows of oppurtunities when u can heal successfully, so prior to 1.82 the only reason i was 41 regrow was for the end regen.
5. So i looked at various specs & pro's & cons of each. I concluded that dropping regrow to 32 (yellow end regen buff) & compensating by using my end regen chant would do the trick.
6. During fights i usually twist between sprint/dmg add/pbt chants, therefore i argued why not just twist also using the end regen chant
7. I hope u see my point, which to me is not bollox as u put it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom