Warden Specs come 1.82......

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Have ppl decided yet, i'm looking at 2 specs atm

49 nut
25 regrow, well ppl say pbt is crap & dmg add dont do much, so why not run self-end all the time or twist even?
42 shield
12 weapon
12 parry

kk when does a bg warden get to heal, vr2 is only chance, u heal and down goes bg

other was

38 nut
41 regrow
42 shield
12 weapon
12 parry

not very group friendly, especially with resists, and rebuffing after deaths

comments please ofc

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
why slam for warden ?

if i wanted to slam id make a tank !!! (what i did :p)

im gonna go

42 reg
49 nurt
29 shield

rest in weapon and parry

29 shiled gives reactionary off block stun (7 sec) and allso u have a stun (6 sec) from back positional shield style (lvl 25)

for me slam is such a waste of points :p

42 (or 41) reg gives u the best end reduction... what is uber... u can still spamm those ml styles like a crazy person and u will have good heals allso :) (like u ever use them in rvr much )

49 nurt gives u good stuff for grps and allso solo.

and i will try and solo whit that specc... should be fine.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
Have ppl decided yet, i'm looking at 2 specs atm

49 nut
25 regrow, well ppl say pbt is crap & dmg add dont do much, so why not run self-end all the time or twist even?
42 shield
12 weapon
12 parry

49 nut

Bit odd from my point of view... you spec for something that with a little practice you can have running along with the other chants....

And as kaun said... im pretty sure that the end reduction makes your day.

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
47 nurt
33 regrow
42 shield
rest blade

yellow end redux, red pbt, da haste, ok resists with only the not so important ones being yellow and slam.

You loose the ability to spam as many bm styles with the yellow end redux
you gain ...Slam

Going to try this spec out in groups for a while..I think the ability to run round slamming peeps out of the battle for a while will go someway to offset the boredom of BG'ing all the time.

Also..,,assist train on you ? slam 1, TWF, grapple the other and let your caster do his stuff

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
why slam for warden ?

if i wanted to slam id make a tank !!! (what i did :p)

Why slam? Well in a defensive role when ur bg'ing & u get the assist train on u u could in theory slam1 & grapple the other, in an offensive role slamming casters is nice

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:

wardens get their own end chant @ level 2 in regrow line so they could twist quiet easily without suffering any problems

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
why slam for warden ?

Personally i cant see any benefit speccing beyond 23 shield for paralyse for a Warden.

23-42 just for a stun that lasts 3 secs longer and usually gets purged anyway?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Logann said:
47 nurt
33 regrow
42 shield
rest blade

yellow end redux, red pbt, da haste, ok resists with only the not so important ones being yellow and slam.

You loose the ability to spam as many bm styles with the yellow end redux
you gain ...Slam

Going to try this spec out in groups for a while..I think the ability to run round slamming peeps out of the battle for a while will go someway to offset the boredom of BG'ing all the time.

Also..,,assist train on you ? slam 1, TWF, grapple the other and let your caster do his stuff

yep he has it nailed. Best spec is that, quite substantially.

This way you have uber defense and help the assist train a lot if you join in, slam + essence flames etc.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
on a assist train u dont really need 9 sec stun :D the 6 sec one from behind will do :p well, thats the way i see it atleast

ambera

Loyal Freddie
I'm with Logann and mincepie. I only have 33 regr at the moment so I'm used to that, and I want that slam.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari

Jupiter said:
wardens get their own end chant @ level 2 in regrow line so they could twist quiet easily without suffering any problems

Maybe it's just me being thick but to me your talking thin air... I simply don't see how you can connect an end reduction buff and the fact that wardens gets the self end regen chant at 2 reg... what am I missing when you write... "could twist quiet easily without suffering any problems" I simply don't see the connection there...not even sure what you wanna twist... this is bollox...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Logann said:
47 nurt
33 regrow
42 shield
rest blade

I would go 47 nurture (red body, yellow energy/spirit and yellow selfhaste (34)%, 33 regrowth, 42 shield, 10 blades, 14 parry.

10 blades gives u the 'side-slicer' which is a side-positional snare, which has its uses. U dont need more blades, as ur not for damage there, but for utility. 14 parry gives u an additional 7% defense in ur frontal arc besides the 42 shield.

People saying slam is a waste are being silly, IMO. Slam is tremendous utility, as its anytime. Yes the backstun is nice, but its not very reliable if stuff is ON the warden himselves, unless ur a master of strafe/run-through which wont be easy when u got 2+ on you.

Slam is too great to not spec it. You also want it if you're in the offense, for obvious reasons. Meet a MOC sorc/caba? Slam it, better then run-through hoping u land paralyze.

So what u loose compared to a typical spec now? Red haste (not a big loss), red energy/spirit, not that big of a deal except against sorc-mezz, but then again, sit it out on 50% or 42% resists isnt an option either way for most classes (bar Stoicism/Determination tanks). You loose 10% end-reduction, which is pity, but still, 30% is very nice and allows for quite abit of BM-styles spammage. Depending if u where 41 or 42 regrowth, u also loose out on a bigger heal.

For people saying slam aint worth the spec-points alone, perhaps they should also consider that with 42+11+RR+MoBlock ur quite an effective guarder. With 23+11+RR+MoBlock ur guard is quite inferiour. This is especially strong against 2H-tanks. If you're saying 'I dont guard coz of BG' u should also reconsider, because guard is instantly, BG is not. Also it allows for BG'ing 1 person while guarding another. Not always possible due to spreading out, but still a nice 'add-on' from speccing shield. 42+11+RR+MoBlock will make peeps quite immune to Zo'Arkat-pets, earth-pets from theurgs and even against quite a few 2H-tanks.

Check my signature to what guard can do, granted on 50+16+MoBlock4-shield spec and 340+ DEX but on high RR a Warden can come close to those shield-effective stats.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Remember you'll rarely want to slam banelord classes as it allows them to spam tendrils for interrupts once slam wears off and they get immunity.

Slam will still be v.nice utility tho whenever you go offensive interrupts.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Correct me if im wrong but 47 nurt is red haste (38%)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
You dont go 42 shield just for slam, you go for more defence so you are harder to kill as a Bg. Mob3/4, 42+15+shield 330 dex etc etc, not for a rear stun. Not only that you will be guarding too, a lot better than some heroes who cant spec mob or cap dex in suits cos are hybrid these days.

The 47 nurt 42 shield 33 reg rest fluff spec is probably what I'll go too, although I might look at 43 nurture and see what other goodies I can get. The value of pbt is almost nil (hello grapple) in fg rvr so an 8 sec one won't hurt that much.

Radga$t

Fledgling Freddie
is useless think now, all depends on the miss rate of the slam.
if is decent the best tmp is :
49nut (or 47, de gustibus)
33regh
42slam
x blades

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tuorin said:
You dont go 42 shield just for slam, you go for more defence so you are harder to kill as a Bg. Mob3/4, 42+15+shield 330 dex etc etc, not for a rear stun. Not only that you will be guarding too, a lot better than some heroes who cant spec mob or cap dex in suits cos are hybrid these days.

The 47 nurt 42 shield 33 reg rest fluff spec is probably what I'll go too, although I might look at 43 nurture and see what other goodies I can get. The value of pbt is almost nil (hello grapple) in fg rvr so an 8 sec one won't hurt that much.

Its going to be a personal preference thing in the end with this.

I'm not a tank, im a warden. I'm not just a BG bot, im not just a guardbot, im not just a BM spamming tool, im also a healer and a reasonably good one.

Tried 33 regrowth in rvr, it does not cut it for me, not even close. I won't sacrifice that for an anytime stun that will get purged 90% of the time when i can have a positional that is just as good for a ton less spec points.

I understand the defence argument, I just don't think it's worth sacrificing the wardens utility for, not for me anyway, not when a tank would do the job way, way better. With compromised healing, i could not justify my place in a group over a shield spec BG tank. I cant match their damage output and i have a lot less hit points.

I'll try a slam spec to see how it pans out, but i doubt it'll be my thing.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Its going to be a personal preference thing in the end with this.

Yep of course, like everything theres options. I've never had 42 regrowth myself. Pretoa when wardens didnt have bg, I was interupt plus heal. Post toa and 25% healing and wild healing 2-3, 33 reg was fine. With relics and moh2 it healed for 608 without crits. I dont have moh2 now, so its 487 without crits and relics. I must admit I preferred having a tad more weapon and parry than you would with 42 reg and never changed it.

Since 90% of wardens get a group as a bodyguard, you can only heal when setting after kiting or when everything inc on people you need to bodyguard has died or if nothing gets to your support and casters fast ,you can preheal bms/tanks. Most of the time the baseline minor heal for 200 due to its speed works much better. I generally always preheal with baseline minor heal with spec heal as followup anyway.

Technically in theory you could get away with quite a bit less regrowth as bg bot. However with there being no real bonus from speccing weapon as a warden beyond a taunt, then having higher reg for fatigue reducer works.

I'd say that if on interupt duty, 42shield is a must as those casters will be facing you damaging you 9/10. However if you just chase healers, shaman, clerics only then rear stun works.

For bg duty, 42 shield 10/10. I can see the logic in rear stun chasing trains, but then you will give mercs and zerks tendril immunity. It will feel like for once as warden you actually can negate certain classes for a few secs however. You will be able to slam people in twfs very nicely.

Its possible to get 42 reg and 42 shield but not 6sec pbt etc.

Of course there a re a few wardens that play pure healerish type roles in groups so 42 reg and medium level shield should be fine.

For anything else, personal preference. :)

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
im gonna try first 47/33/42 (slam spec and 30% endreduction) and see how it goes

if i dont like it:
im gonna do 49/42/29 (back stun and 40% endreduction)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to optimistically try a more balanced spec first
49 Nurture
34 Blades
33 Regrowth
23 Shield

& if weapon-spec still sucks as much as it used to then I'll think about becoming a Slam/BG bot too.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
49 nurture
42 shield
32 regrowth
looks ok

or
50 nurture
42 shield
22 regrowth
21 blades

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with everything you say Tuorin, got me to thinking.

Had a bit of a brainwave and wondered what other wardens think of this as a spec.

42 Regrowth
47 Nurture
35 Shield

This would give you a far better defence and guard than 23 shield, would not compromise utility or healing, would give you an additional 8 second side stun so you would have 2 positionals.

No slam, but a high defence.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
or
50 nurture
42 shield
22 regrowth
21 blades

50 nurt ??? wtf

u dont get enything at 50 nurt specc.

22 reg is way to low imo

and blades spec :( only go that if u plan on use ing styles for theyr effects couse the dmg will be crap enyway

ML styles > weapon styles

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Agree with everything you say Tuorin, got me to thinking.

Had a bit of a brainwave and wondered what other wardens think of this as a spec.

42 Regrowth
47 Nurture
35 Shield

This would give you a far better defence and guard than 23 shield, would not compromise utility or healing, would give you an additional 8 second side stun so you would have 2 positionals.

No slam, but a high defence.

Think thats a nice spec for 42 regrowth and you can easily get 50 composite shield with +11 and realm ranks.

Landing shield styles is based on your shield weaponskill which is a hidden weapon skill but is dex and shieldskill derived, so as long as dex is highish its fine.

I found using a pc shield with +28dex and +5shield and raising dex in my heroes suit that slam hardly ever misses if I have over 310 dex. It misses way too often if I'm around 280.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
33regrowth, 47 nurt and 42 shield - thats what my friend went at least... seems solid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom