Warden Spec

E

Esoteric

Heya all,

Been tinkering with a warden and hes not doing too bad.

I was considering 16 regrowth 46 nurture 39 weapon and rest parry.

But been talking to some older wiser mates some of which are wardens. Who have gone 33 regrowth 46 nurture 26 weapon (I think) and rest parry.

I do like fighting a bit but I understand that in any situation a warden who tanks is more likely to die than one who heals stands back a bit etc so group will never loose pbt.

Just want to know if any of you out there have changed specs to regrowth having realised how poor the warden dmg table really is?

Anyway nn

E

elerand

My spec is 49 nurture, 33 regrowth, 25 blades and 14 parry.

49 nurture for all +24 resists, 33 regrowth for a pretty decent heal, 25 blades so I'm not a whiff machine and 14 parry is ok for pve.

Too much parry is pretty much pointless currently, it's still broken and with grp code you won't see much of it in rvr.

If they give wardens healing ra's, better grp heals, improved dmg table then I would say they would be a truly great class with 2 very viable specs.

Think healing wardens are best currently but that's not to say a well played tank warden isn't viable, just not the best option currently imo.

O

old.Verata

I repsecced my Warden to 49 Nurt / 42 Regr / 6 Blunt / 12 Parry. I got tired of being kited by every tank because 80 dmg per hit wasn't enough for them to be concerned with. Now I've just got enough in blunt to detaunt in PvE and I can heal for 500+.

M

Mirhen Morkir

I respecced too :

Nurture 49
Regro 26
Blades 21
Parry 28

I bumped up parry to 54 with RR/items/MoParry and I'm a parry dervish :)

M

mastade

I respecced from
Nurture 49
Blunt 39
Regrowth 7
Parry 19

to
Nurture 49
Blunt 25
Regrowth 33
parry 14

When i first made my char, i asked myself how my char would rock in like a 1on1 sitiuation, many ppl think like this when you really should think how your char would function the best in a grp sitiuation. Thats why i respecced, and i hadn't regret it :)

Heal Warden -> Battle Warden

E

elerand

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
I respecced too :

Nurture 49
Regro 26
Blades 21
Parry 28

I bumped up parry to 54 with RR/items/MoParry and I'm a parry dervish :)

In PvE maybe, you might parry sometimes in rvr if you are alone but even then it's less likely, parry is the sook at the moment till the fix the damn thing :(

P

panzer

I used to be 49 nurt 39 blades 16 regr but tbh i wouldnt recommend this spec as a rvr spec, as the damage you will do is pretty poor - around 80 on tanks maybe 15-170 on mages, rogues in between (with a 4.1 sec player crafted bastard sword).

I used to play this spec as a healer/mage interupter, but dont be fooled into thinking you will kill anything quickly with this spec. You largely end up getting kited around the field until either your team wins and you get help, or your team looses and you get ganked.

Respecced to 49 nurt 42 regr 8 blades. Ive now got access to 530ish heals which at least make a difference in rvr. I still have taunt so the +to hit means i can still interupt healers/mages if im OOP.

However, life as a healing rvr warden is still frustrating. Youve got no insta's, no CC, no healing RA's, and to top it all, in pick up rvr groups its hard to keep in range to heal when people run all over the place. Also once your spotted healing your more likely to get ganked, removing the bubble from the group - at least as a tank warden i was usually the last to die.

Guild rvr makes it a lot better simply because you get used to how people play, and your more likely to be protected as a healer.

So, i would say it takes a certain type of person to enjoy rvr as a warden - im hoping 1.61 has some warden regrowth love (pbae root would be nice ;)..... hence my alts - 47 light chanter and 41 bard ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom