Warden Love Inc

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
patch notes from Camelotherald:

important part

Warden

- The PBAE heal procs added in 1.82c have been moved to the Warden Nurture line.

- Wardens are now granted 1.8 spec points per level.

- Wardens are now able to specialize in Shield.

- Due to the addition of a skill line to Wardens, all Wardens will have their skill points refunded upon login to respec accordingly with the new allotted points and shield skill line

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.82d Release Notes
Class Changes and Cross Cluster Guilds and Alliances
January 26, 2006

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Switching objects between the backpack and worn slots will now properly resolve the /use hotkeys for the object(s).

- (Pendragon Only) The /worship emote will now work with the classic character models.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General Changes and Fixes

Master Level Ability Changes And Fixes

- Banespike now has a recast timer of 5 minutes.

- The recast time on Brittle guards has been put back to 5 minutes. However, only one brittle guard can be summoned at a time.

Critical Strike Style Changes

- A new stackable ABS debuff has been added to the Critical Strike line in the following manner:

8 Pincer - Pre-req: To side of target - Effect: ABS decrease 1%
29 Leaper - Pre-req: Hamstring - Effect: ABS decrease 2%
44 Rib Separation - Pre-req: Leaper - Effect: ABS decrease 5%

Class Specific Changes and Fixes

Bonedancer

- Bonedancer pets have received a graphic change. This change is only viewable in Catacombs and Darkness Rising clients.

Friars

- Friar Weaponskill has increased slightly.

- The prior noted PBAE heal proc and Defensive heal procs are now in the Enhancement line for Friars.

- Friar staff changes have been made in the following manner:

4 Figure Eight - New Prereq: Frontal position - Effect: 15 hit group heal
15 Double Strike - Pre-Req: Figure Eight - Effect: 25 hit group heal
25 Banish - Pre-Req: Friar's Friend - Effect: 50 hit PBAE heal
34 Holy Staff - Pre-Req: None - Effect: 50 hit Group heal
39 Friar's Fury - Pre-Req: Counter Evade - Effect: FAE 75 Heal
50 Excommunicate - Pre-Req: Holy Staff - Effect: 75 DD & 100 Group Heal

Infiltrator

- The RR5 ability Assassination has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 39.

- The RR5 ability Shadowstrike has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 35.

- Assassination has been replaced with Remedy for the Infiltrator RR5 ability.

- Upon gaining a deathblow on an RvR opponent, the Infiltrator will have increased stealth detection by 25% for the next 60 seconds.

Nightshade

- The following spells have been added to all Nightshades:

Damage over Time

Level 15 "Clouded Agony" 4/tick - instant cast/24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.
Level 25 "Clouded Distress" 8/tick - instant cast/24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.
Level 36 "Clouded Pain" 14/tick - instant cast/24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.
Level 46 "Clouded Destruction" 22/tick - instant cast/ 24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.

Self Damage Shield

Level 10 "Eventide Resonance" 1 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 20 "Eventide Redirection" 2 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 30 "Eventide Reverberation" 3 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 40 "Eventide Repercussion" 4 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 50 "Eventide Reflection" 5 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.

- Upon gaining a deathblow on an RvR opponent, the Nightshade will be 25% harder to detect in stealth for the next 60 seconds.

- The RR5 ability Assassination has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 39.

- The RR5 ability Shadowstrike has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 35.

Shadowblade

- Shadowstrike has been replaced with Remedy for the Shadowblade RR5 ability.

- Upon gaining a deathblow on an RvR opponent, the Shadowblade will have increased stealth movement by 25% for the next 60 seconds.

Thane

- Command Mjollnir should no longer have a delay after casting it before casting another spell.

- Doom Hammer disarm is no longer purgable.

- The multiple hammer spell effect has been put back on Call Mjollnir, Invoke Mjollnir, Summon Mjollnir and Command Mjollnir.

Vampiir

- Vampiir self buffs will now scale in effectiveness from 50% to 100% between the levels 5 and 40.

Warden

- The PBAE heal procs added in 1.82c have been moved to the Warden Nurture line.

- Wardens are now granted 1.8 spec points per level.

- Wardens are now able to specialize in Shield.

- Due to the addition of a skill line to Wardens, all Wardens will have their skill points refunded upon login to respec accordingly with the new allotted points and shield skill line
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

World Notes - General

- The Hibernia bridge in Connact has undergone art adjustments.

- Brush has been updated in both Mularn and Cotswold.

- All starting locations for new players in Mularn and Cotswold have been adjusted to be in front of their appropriate trainers.

- (Midgard) Information in players' quest journals, for those on step 5 of the Mularn Delivery quest, has been updated to incorporate the new location (due to the recent Mularn face-lift) of the NPC named Asta.

Quest Notes - Albion

- Child's Play - Players between levels 1 and 4 will find that Charles, in Cotswold, will invite them to join in a game he's playing.

- A Hero Desires a Sword - Raymond, in Cotswold, will ask players between levels 5 and 9 (who have chosen an advanced class) to help him in dealing with a bully.

Quest Notes - Midgard

- Child's Play - Players between levels 1 and 4 will find that Charles, in Mularn, will invite them to join in a game he's playing.

- A Hero Desires a Sword - Raymond, in Mularn, will ask players between levels 5 and 9 (who have chosen an advanced class) to help him in dealing with a bully.

Quest Notes - Hibernia

- Child's Play - Players between levels 1 and 4 will find that Charles, in Mag Mell, will invite them to join in a game he's playing.

- A Hero Desires a Sword - Raymond, in Mag Mell, will ask players between levels 5 and 9 (who have chosen an advanced class) to help him in dealing with a bully.

Albion Monster Notes

- A number of monsters have moved or shifted in response to the improvements made in Cotswold recently. Please be aware of the new monster camps and be prepared!

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

World Notes - General

- All Shrouded Isles portals have received new art updates.

Dungeon Notes

- Mini-maps have been added to the following dungeons: Krondon, Caer Sidi, Galladoria, Tur Suil and Trollheim

DARKNESS RISING WORLD NOTES

World Notes - General

- (Albion) The petitioner Dale Gibbs in King Constantine's throne room now correctly displays his visual quest indicator, to be consistent with the other petitioners in the throne room.

- (Albion) Players that remove either the "A Gift Befitting a King?" quest or the "Something Stinks in Gwyddneau" quest prior to completion should now be able to re-obtain either quest when visiting petitioner Dale Gibbs in King Constantine's throne room.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- Hookpoint stealth detection NPCs have had their aggression radius reduced, effectively reducing the radius in which they can detect stealthed players. The NPCs that received this change are the Saracen Infiltrator, Kobold Shadowblade and Lurikeen Nightshade. All other stealth detection NPCs in the Frontiers remain unchanged.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
ok slam is tempting but after much palying with char builder:

49 nurt
42 regro
29 shild
11 blades
7parry

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
Shame it's two years too late and most of the people pushing for the change left long ago :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Cigies said:
Shame it's two years too late and most of the people pushing for the change left long ago :)
but forumtrolls will always exist

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Spetsnaz said:
ok slam is tempting but after much palying with char builder:

49 nurt
42 regro
29 shild
11 blades
7parry

29 + 11 (provided u can put it in template) + rr shield, albeit is better than nothing, won't win u paradise. Imo if u got it go all the way to 42 and get Slam.
Even more since u are a firby and your dex just sucks :p

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, the warden changes is good.
But honestly their going overboard with assassin changes. It's quite absurd really - atleast from where im standing.
Any assasin that got poisonspike will utterly destroy any none moc caster allready, so whats the deal with making casters one shot free rps?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
dont forget the brittle nerf....

only one is allowd in 1.82 now.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Elftor said:
Any assasin that got poisonspike will utterly destroy any none moc caster allready, so whats the deal with making casters one shot free rps?
That's the point of the game. Take it or leave it.

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
That's the point of the game. Take it or leave it.

I'm leaving it, no point in playing my casters once this hits, so im leveling other chars allready.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
47 nurt
42 slam
33 reg
~7 parry
rest weapon

I think someone on VN said that was a viable spec, if so its certainly the one ill be going :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
dont forget the brittle nerf....

only one is allowd in 1.82 now.

That really needed sorting badly, I see that as a fix, not a nerf.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Elftor said:
I'm leaving it, no point in playing my casters once this hits, so im leveling other chars allready.
its hardly the end of the world that you lose 3 brittle guards.

smolf

Fledgling Freddie
Even tho heros get lub, isnt this like the final nail in the coffin for them? Atleast if a majority of wardens spec for slam ><

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"Shame it's two years too late and most of the people pushing for the change left long ago"

Have fun with WoW Mirhen, it may have started off pretty balanced but is far from that now... BWL equipped warriors in WoW make pre-nerf zerks/savages look tame. BWL equipped mages and warlocks make DAoC warlocks look like a joke (seduce, 2x trinket, soul fire, seduce, shadow bolt, seduce, shadow bolt, dark iron grenade, shadow bolt > 99% of things out there, and then there are ashkandi warriors - yah they're so balanced)

WoW healers are gimps in comparison to DAoC ones, and there is no way what so ever to stop an assist train from splattering healers in WoW.

DAoC > WoW in pvp in every way shape and form. DAoC has imbalances but they're nothing in comparison to the bullshit that is epic geared WoW.

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I know Raven, not trying to be a drama queen or anything.

But the main reason I play my casters is when I want to solo. I actualy thought it was decently balanced befor cata. With warlocks insta killing us, and every random_assassin_629 meaning insta death, and the allready unfavorable fight vs charge classes, theres nothing much I can win vs when im solo anymore. Which defeatest the point of having a solo char ;)

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
nice hajking the thread with caster...

anyway i though first wow ill get slam on my warden but then its only 1.8 spec points given to warden and im battlemaster (and addicted to my 41 end reduction buff)

so giving my 40% end reduction and getting 30% reduction will hurt my more then the slam

therefore i get rear stun with shild/stun from block and side stun with shild while still able to spam ml9-10 combo on the enemy or any other mlstyle

to get slam ill have to gimp to resists (energy and spirit) witch is ok but not good for me as well as end reduction i mentioned before (30% and 40% have huge difference i tried them both)

so simply shildspec will be addiotion to my curent spec:
and while i BG caster i can side stun tanks/rear stun and then make him ooe in 5 seconds or buffsnear him while having more protection with spec shild the before for the BG role

on 1 vs 1 i dont think any tank will be capable to take me out (exept dual wielder perchaps) with 29 shild+pbt+some parry+twf+almost capped swing speed and battlemaster styles

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Elftor said:
Yeah I know Raven, not trying to be a drama queen or anything.

But the main reason I play my casters is when I want to solo. I actualy thought it was decently balanced befor cata. With warlocks insta killing us, and every random_assassin_629 meaning insta death, and the allready unfavorable fight vs charge classes, theres nothing much I can win vs when im solo anymore. Which defeatest the point of having a solo char ;)

Get some skill try again:p

Its not like a brittle here or a brittle there is what u are spose to live by as a solo caster

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, obeviously, it must be my lack of 1337 skeelz that is my downfall.

:twak:

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Elftor said:
Yes, obeviously, it must be my lack of 1337 skeelz that is my downfall.

:twak:

There is nothing l33t in having skills, to rely on silly OPed abilitys to win and every1 who plays a stealther knows how silly casters are these days, with baseline stun and a ml 9 pet that heals its not any l33t skills inolved.

Fifta

Fledgling Freddie
Wardens should get 4xskill points and they should be able to spec in Large Weaponry with 6x weapskill

polza

Loyal Freddie
Valgyr said:
There is nothing l33t in having skills, to rely on silly OPed abilitys to win and every1 who plays a stealther knows how silly casters are these days, with baseline stun and a ml 9 pet that heals its not any l33t skills inolved.

so woudent it be much better for ml9 pets 2 be remove not brittle guards caped at 1 and PA go throu em and wipe em out.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
ok good spec for slam warden will be 47 nurt 33 regro 42 shild 10 wep 7 parry but still dunno will see how it goes as 1.82 is still beta they could increase the spec point to x2

Brealanna

Fledgling Freddie
The changes to warden are good, yes.... but they are still missing out on their spec points, they should be a full x2 spec points and not x1.8 as they are going up to.

Reason is that Mythic have said in the past that it is dependant on how many skill lines a class has as to how many points they get, atm wardens have 5 skill lines and x1.5 skill... they will have 6 skill lines in 1.82 and x1.8 skill points... compared to other class that get x2 this does not seem very fair to not do this..

comparisions:
Thane - 6 lines x2
Mercenary - 6 lines x2 (plus autotrain)
Heretic - 5 lines x2 (Which I think is the class similar to warden rather than a frair)
Blademaster - 6 lines x2
Berserker - 5 lines x2
Valkyrie - 5 lines x2
Frair - 4 lines x1.5 (Warden is compared to a frair a lot but same points less lines)

I'm not knocking the changes for a warden, they are good, but it should be fair across the board for skill points.

As to the shield spec now for wardens ... it should have been long ago - we used to be class sa fighters that buff and heal... then changed to healers that can fight a bit... latest is 'Wardens have their roots in the art of healing, but over the years have focused their abilities on buffing and fighting. They retain the ability to cast basic heals, but are not as strong of a healer as they are as a fighter / buffer'. We were also for a while called a protectors of the realm... i.e. pbt but that kind of changed with the changes to pbt over the years.

Yes a warden is ok in 1v1 RvR, as long as that warden has twf, and ML10, but you try a warden without those 1v1, how long does that fight take? fracking ages.... and then the warden would proberly lose. With shild their role in groups will change to protectors with guard and slam from the usal healing role etc.... they should have had shield spec from start like other fighters.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
All they need to add now is a /chartransfer to the US servers if you wanna see these changes before the summer

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
I think the warden upgrade is good enough. Getting more specpoints would just mean you could get slam on top of what you have now, that would mean too much defensive power, no melee 1 on 1 would win.

Overall wardens have been doing fine the past year, just wouldnt have minded a bit of dmg table upgrade (same for thanes, friars I know nothing about).

And about elftorz hijack, rather lame to quit the caster as soon as your overpowered period ends. A caster = high dmg, but weak once engaged, you are supposed to die every time to a stealther, they have to sneak up on you and time it well, make sure none are around to add etc etc.

Its called balance, you do great dmg and pay for it in dying easy. A balance for casters that has been missing for a long time.

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
they have to sneak up on you and time it well, make sure none are around to add etc etc.

Im really sorry, but that just made me laugh out loud. When did being invisible become a huge disadvantage? And while assassins apparently have to make sure no one is around to add, all casters can do is pray, so whats your point?
That it's harder to get kills because you can pick and chose your fights?

It's somehow harder for assassins, to use poisonspike to kill off brittles then it is to get 4 up? 5 minutes refresh and insta cast vs 20 minutes and nearly insta cast? ML6 vs ML8 ability?

The whole "Oh but you got stun, so it's allright" is getting abit tiresome too. While I do remember fights where I've won because of stun, the fights where it's been purged and I've died a couple of seconds after far out number the fights where the opposit happend.
Yeah yeah, I know you can only use purge every 10th minute.

Why is ML9 pet even a issue? Sure it's allright, 200-300 damage a pop, only takes about 30 seconds to kill a stealther, wild guess here. Because I havnt found out yet, since I usualy die about 20ish seconds befor that would happen. Only time it might be a issue is when assassins flee. I wish I had that option, but I dont since it's either kill or be killed for casters. If a fight is turning sour it's usualy too late for me.

Which brings me to MoC I guess? Might be overepowered on lifetap classes, sure, but hardly overpowered on any other caster, is it? And if it is, why is it allright for you to deal damage while a caster isnt allowed to? Greater damage from the caster? Hardly, so what makes it overpowered?

I got a guess, but ofcourse that isnt the only reason:

Templates, the vast majority of assassin templates doesnt come close to decent resists. Look at this :
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=185385

I voted for the first option, because it had better resists. But still 70% of the people that voted went for the other template. Both got crappy resists by my standard. Dont tell me it's harder to get a good template as NS, because it really isnt.

Anyway, while Sorc/Caba/SM with MoC might be overpowered because of Lifetap+MoC vs assassins, it hardly applies to every caster.

But then again, this is just my point of view. Feel free to point out why I'm wrong. But there's really no need for the trolling.

I forgot to add, hence the ninja edit :)

Why is it allright for casters to be free kills for assassins?

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt you want to hear a real answer, anyway, read my last line in the former post. That is the answer to your question.

As for your remark about templates, you obviously dont know anything about making them, but feel free to show us stealthers how its done. :eek2:

Oh and about moc, although lifetapping is the worst case, moc3 + pbaoe is rather out of whack as well.

Casters are group chars, big dmg, but depending on others to stay alive. Try a stealther, then tell us how you feel! :)

But in the end, just have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom