Warcraft III Players Banned

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Cheating never prospers. Blizzard have taken off there shoe and battered a number of cheats, followed by the prompt banning of their Warcraft III Battle.net accounts.

A number of additional accounts and CD keys have been tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing Warcraft III on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against cheating, we have permanently closed 5,900 Warcraft III accounts. 2,300 of the Warcraft III CD keys used with the now-closed accounts have been banned from ladder play for one month, and 500 more have been banned from ladder play permanently. Repeat offenders risk having their CD keys disabled, which will result in the permanent removal of their copies of Warcraft III from Battle.net. We will continue to monitor Battle.net for cheating and take action as needed. If you would like to report additional instances of hacking or cheating, please notify us at hacks@blizzard.com. A false report filed by one player against another will not result in the actions described above.
As always, thank you for your continued support; with your help we have been able to keep Battle.net a fun and safe place to play Blizzard games.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I think they need to ban more ... in fact, all of them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well least they appear to be doing something, hopefully Valve will follow suit soon.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
I'm willing to bet that for every account that they banned there are 10 more that are smart enough to not be obvious about their use of map hacks. They could ban another 100,000 accounts and it still wouldn't make me confident that my opponents in WC3 ladder games are cheat free.

I'm not saying it's easy but making games exploit free makes for much better cheat prevention than post-exploit bannings, especially when the security holes are still there. Haven't been following the news on World of Warcraft but seems to be a big step forward from WC3 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom